Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    I was thinking about this thread again earlier when watching the UI Demo of the PS4.
    I'd not actually thought about how easier it would be jumping from game to game if you go digital. Like how the demo shows joining a Killzone online game without actually moving.
    No doubt if Killzone wasn't digital or in the PS4 a 'please insert Killzone disc' would appear.

It would be ace just jumping form game to game, without having to think about what disc is in or have to change the disc before joining a mate in their game. Definitely alot more seamless going digital and quicker in that respect anyway.
    You are starting to get it now, aren't you
    PSN = prison_inmate

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    You are starting to get it now, aren't you
    Yes matey, I was wrong to dismiss it so hastily. As well as the other positives raised in this thread.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There needs to be competitive pricing, otherwise I won't look at it. Sales aren't enough, they should actually go down in price.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Guru

Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Yeah I'd like to see the pricing of games to match the price of PC titles which are usually £10 cheaper at launch than console titles for digital purchases.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I gotta give you Digital Only guys a ton of credit. I can't ever see myself going that route. Too many variables go against the grain of download only. Just take GTA V for example. That is going to be a cluster**** of a problem on launch day. Everyone and their mother is going to be trying to download that beast off the PSN store (The new store is trash btw) As F34R stated you rarely get any good deals even though a title has been out since the 1950s. I just don't trust DD after the **** Sony tried to pull when my 80GB PS3 blew up and I wanted to re-download a movie I bought. **** that noise!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Like the old PS Store was any better.

Anyway, as emm said, DD needs much better pricing than now, to make people even start considering it.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    WHY?!?! Nothing better than coming home with a new boxed copy, get the box close to your nose and inhale deeply
    And I personally love having shelves with a load of games on them

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy only the multiplayer parts of the game from PSN? For example, I know I'm gonna buy Battlefield 4, but I'm not interested in the single player mode. It would be cool to get only the multiplayer digitally.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo.T. View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to buy only the multiplayer parts of the game from PSN? For example, I know I'm gonna buy Battlefield 4, but I'm not interested in the single player mode. It would be cool to get only the multiplayer digitally.

That seems to depend on the game, I can only think of Starhawk, Killzone 3, and Uncharted 3 with Single Player and Multiplayer separate on the PSN

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    If you have a digital copy do you still have to go through that company & dev intro junk at the beginning everytime you start the game?

be it digital or a physical copy either way I will end up getting games both ways. I just hope they do away with this intro garbage once and for all. Show it once and after that it goes right to the menu.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 08-26-2013 at 18:48.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I doubt games will ever do that, sometimes they make it unskippable so you have to suffer every damn time (and some folks like to make a spectacle out of the logos which makes it longer for no reason )

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    If you have a digital copy do you still have to go through that company & dev intro junk at the beginning everytime you start the game?

be it digital or a physical copy either way I will end up getting games both ways. I just hope they do away with this intro garbage once and for all. Show it once and after that it goes right to the menu.
    That's not going away...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I'm onboard the digital train mostly because I don't have space for more racks of games in my room and digital games don't need to be taken care of. I already have a digital library on steam and its very convenient. I just hope ps4 has external HDD install support like the WiiU then I'll get a 4TB and will be set for awhile

I remember hearing that the PS4 has somekind of 'quick start' system. That it would take just few seconds to get back to the game. Correct me if I'm wrong

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I would go digital if the network has gotten a lot better and their is discounts along the road. And if it's a game i really like i would just buy the collectors edition of that.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    I don't know....call me old school but there is something appealing about sitting back and staring at a large game display.

8 years and counting!

Dedicated Member
    Items PlayStation
    Can you buy hard copy and download on to your hard drive?
    PSN ID - DweetRight

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by dc writer View Post
    Can you buy hard copy and download on to your hard drive?
    I don't think so. The old Xbone could, before the 180s.

But I don't think the PS4 could do it.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Like the old PS Store was any better.

Anyway, as emm said, DD needs much better pricing than now, to make people even start considering it.

On the move with Tapatalk
    The old store was A LOT better than the current one. It was easier for me to load and find data quickly with the old store. And I like the look of the older store better. More so preference.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I doubt games will ever do that, sometimes they make it unskippable so you have to suffer every damn time (and some folks like to make a spectacle out of the logos which makes it longer for no reason )
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That's not going away...
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo.T. View Post
    I remember hearing that the PS4 has somekind of 'quick start' system. That it would take just few seconds to get back to the game. Correct me if I'm wrong

I hope someday they make it so it shows up once and never again on that console. Because honestly, I would rather have it so it's completely skipped instead of seeing it over and over again. What benefit does it give the company to take more time from loading up the game to show havok, Dolby digital, etc etc when those could be listed at the bottom of the screen during the start menu. lol ugh I just hate those intros.

And if they want to push the Digital games they should start in that area. If they did I would buy digital every time. LOL

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    They probably have to with licensing agreements with those products.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Good for you mate.

I just know that the time it would take to download a game I could go to the store and buy the disk. haha. Physical as much as possible for me. I just prefer it. Plus I get really annoyed at HDD management. Who knows how big next gen games will be 0_0

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

23. Likes Demi_God , Christopher likes this post
    Master Guru
    I'm glad the choice to go digital only was an easy one for you. I'll never embrace full digital distribution though. I despise the idea of it.

25. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AsuraOkami
    I don't think i can ever embrace a only digital future. A couple of things keep me from actually doing so. If anything i will keep it the way i have now. Most of my games being physical and then some of them digital.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I hope someday they make it so it shows up once and never again on that console. Because honestly, I would rather have it so it's completely skipped instead of seeing it over and over again. What benefit does it give the company to take more time from loading up the game to show havok, Dolby digital, etc etc when those could be listed at the bottom of the screen during the start menu. lol ugh I just hate those intros.

And if they want to push the Digital games they should start in that area. If they did I would buy digital every time. LOL
    We all hate those screens, everysingle one of us.

Some developers don't have loads of those screens, Valve for example, the only thing they do have is their logo which you can skip by adding -novid to the launch options of any Valve game.

But that is useless to console games where we cannot change options like this we are at the mercy of the developers.

Thread Information