Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I don't know....call me old school but there is something appealing about sitting back and staring at a large game display.
    To be honest, I miss the colorful manuals more than the packaging/cases. F-Zero for the SNES included a comic. Now those kind of bonuses are part of special editions for an additional price. :/
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    To be honest, I miss the colorful manuals more than the packaging/cases. F-Zero for the SNES included a comic. Now those kind of bonuses are part of special editions for an additional price. :/
    I still remember Oblivion's tome.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    $#@! no.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I still remember Oblivion's tome.
    Now some games don't even have manuals

Dedicated Member
    I notice, after reading comments in other threads, that it appears that a few more of you guys are considering this too.
    PSN = prison_inmate

PSN ID
    hareyesm
    I'm half and half. I tried to go digital only on the PS3 but the download speeds took forever. I can't wait to try the digital download on the PS4 though. Although I loose out on trade in value and such I love being able to download the games and have the abilty to switch without using disks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Count me out on this one, I love owning the physical copy of games.

PSN ID
    hareyesm
    I can see both arguments myself like I said I'm in between. Owning a physical copy definitely has its benefits. Although getting digital copys also has its merits. One will have to see.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    In this instance There are no arguments only preferences.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-31-2013 at 23:36.

10. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post

PSN ID
    Captobvious75
    Ill reserve my HD for free psplus games. That, and I can't imagine how huge new games will be. Ill kill my monthly download limit in 2 games

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

PSU Live Streamer
    Heres an interesting spin on the topic. Would you be more inclined to buy digital if it released quicker than retail? Sessler talks about it here

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

13. Likes keefy likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    I like the sound of that early release for digital.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quicker, cheaper etc.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Dedicated Member
    Yeah, that sounds great and gives me even more reason to make me glad of my decision not to buy physical.
    PSN = prison_inmate

PSN ID
    DaGrandMastah
    I am going all digital as well this time around. I don't plan to buy any phsyical copies. The convenience of having all my games in one central location is awesome. I really do hope that they offer more competitive prices with retail. I think that's the route they're going as the companies need to realize that if they don't price them to compete then there's no chance it'll take off.

Regardless though, I am going digital only this cycle. I'll be buying Killzone & Fifa from the PSN as soon as they're released. I plan on buying a larger hard drive in the near future as well. I think the 500 gb will last me at least a couple of months (i don't buy games like crazy) but I definitely plan on upgrading to a 2 tb drive.

18. Likes mudshark likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Both Sony and MS have confirmed no external HDD install support for their respective consoles
    But atleast ps4 allows upgradable HDDs

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    As per the title, I have decided to go digital only and will be only getting games off of the PSN. I don't think I will be paying too much over the odds bearing in mind there are often deals on PSN cards at reduced prices, for example 50 of credit for 40 on Shop-to.net.

Anyone else considering going this route?
    I'm totally with you, when the PS4 launches I'll be there day one, but all of my game purchases will be digital. I just moved into a new apartment and my girlfriend and I barely have enough space for our stuff let alone our games. I can't keep bringing in new boxes home, cluttering up our living room. I already started going digital this generation by pre-ordering D3 on the PSN store, I'm going to do the same thing with AC4 and Beyond when those come out next month too. Good bye Game Stop, hello digital future.
    Contributing Writer @ PSU | Amateur Games Journalist | Internet Media Guy

Tumblr Blogs: Josh Likes Games | Coffee and Controllers | Follow me on Twitter
    Spooky Mobley's Conspiracy Corner | Pixel Power Art

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Both Sony and MS have confirmed no external HDD install support for their respective consoles
    But atleast ps4 allows upgradable HDDs
    It would be too easy to transfer the game files

Digital only seems like a good idea. ^_^ Who needs a disk...

Anyway I would say +1 for digital -1 for taking up room with disks you can lose.

So yeah good idea. Can't wait for the PS4 to come out.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I recommend a 2tb hdd uprgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    As per the title, I have decided to go digital only and will be only getting games off of the PSN. I don't think I will be paying too much over the odds bearing in mind there are often deals on PSN cards at reduced prices, for example 50 of credit for 40 on Shop-to.net.

Anyone else considering going this route?
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    My only problem with digital right now is the costs of games. When they are new releases, I don't mind paying the normal price. However, after year being out, seeing a game still costing the "newly released" price, is irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    That , I never understand the reasons behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Yep, you'll need a monstrous hard drive - don't forget to have games on your download list in the PSN and download whenever you want them to save space! I, for one, hope to never go fully digital, love having the hard copy.
    I agree with people who say "If your going the All Digital route, get a Huge HDD upgrade.
    I'm inclined to pop a larger HDD in there when I get mine just out of principle, particularly if SONY puts a 5400rpm drive in there.

I won't be all digital though, I just want to install as much of the game on the HDD as I can and use the disc for ownership. The more you buy AAA titles in all digital, the sooner we'll lose what we fought for by telling Microsoft to go shaft themselves.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    I only have 1 TB in my PC and it never gets full, even though I play a $#@!load of games on it. I think people overestimate the size of games.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    I only have 1 TB in my PC and it never gets full, even though I play a $#@!load of games on it. I think people overestimate the size of games.
    That is not true. I think the problem is that everyone is looking at the reality of the facts and not just here-say. The problem with this coming generation is that at max, most games will come out on the 50gb disk, not saying that a game will use that entirely, but it may come damn near close. Look at what Sony was able to do with the PS3. Now if we are looking at numbers of 30-45gb for each game, a 500gb hdd would not last as long.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    That is not true. I think the problem is that everyone is looking at the reality of the facts and not just here-say. The problem with this coming generation is that at max, most games will come out on the 50gb disk, not saying that a game will use that entirely, but it may come damn near close. Look at what Sony was able to do with the PS3. Now if we are looking at numbers of 30-45gb for each game, a 500gb hdd would not last as long.
    I'm not saying that you'll never get to upgrade your hard drive, because you definitely will, but it is not as urgent as people make it out to be.

Then again, I'm a person that deletes the game once I realise I won't play it anytime soon, so...

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    I'm not saying that you'll never get to upgrade your hard drive, because you definitely will, but it is not as urgent as people make it out to be.

Then again, I'm a person that deletes the game once I realise I won't play it anytime soon, so...
    ITs as though some people have to download/install every game they own onto the hard drive and never delete it otherwise it doesn't exist or something.

28. Likes Flumbooze likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    ITs as though some people have to download/install every game they own onto the hard drive and never delete it otherwise it doesn't exist or something.
    Thats actually my fear to be honest. On a pc its not as big of a deal, if the supplier of your game drops their servers...screw it, just pirate the game.

On a console though, if sony or ms decides at some point to leave the console industry, those servers won't stay online forever.

That being said though, I'm trying to convince myself to go digital only this time around. I've literally begun putting my movie dvds into cd binders and tossing the cases to make room for my blurays lol. So when I look at it from that angle, it just makes more sense to not bother with physical copies.

So I'm another forum member on the fence regarding this. Knowing I'll always have the game if I buy physical is a hard one to pass up though. That fear of a dead HDD and inability to redownload the game plagues my dreams lol. Not to mention the freedom to resell, but thats a rare occurrence with me.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Thread Information