Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Thats actually my fear to be honest. On a pc its not as big of a deal, if the supplier of your game drops their servers...screw it, just pirate the game.

On a console though, if sony or ms decides at some point to leave the console industry, those servers won't stay online forever.

That being said though, I'm trying to convince myself to go digital only this time around. I've literally begun putting my movie dvds into cd binders and tossing the cases to make room for my blurays lol. So when I look at it from that angle, it just makes more sense to not bother with physical copies.

So I'm another forum member on the fence regarding this. Knowing I'll always have the game if I buy physical is a hard one to pass up though. That fear of a dead HDD and inability to redownload the game plagues my dreams lol. Not to mention the freedom to resell, but thats a rare occurrence with me.
    Believe me I get what you are saying, but for me, This current Gen is what got me over the physical Medium revolt/revolution/what ever you want to call it. I was on the fence the whole generation about digital medium but that changed when I realized that I hate lugging around old DVDs as well as I found a way to make them digital without loosing their essence. With this new gen, I will do a mix of the two; meaning download and buy physical.

Dedicated Member
    Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we start to get visibility of the DD pricing, I genuinely think if they are about £45.00 they will sell an awful lot of downloads. If they remain in the region of £50.00 - £60.00 then they won't, simple as that I suppose.

i really hope the prices are competetive.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've never really seen a trend for competitive console dd.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Thats actually my fear to be honest. On a pc its not as big of a deal, if the supplier of your game drops their servers...screw it, just pirate the game.

On a console though, if sony or ms decides at some point to leave the console industry, those servers won't stay online forever.

That being said though, I'm trying to convince myself to go digital only this time around. I've literally begun putting my movie dvds into cd binders and tossing the cases to make room for my blurays lol. So when I look at it from that angle, it just makes more sense to not bother with physical copies.

So I'm another forum member on the fence regarding this. Knowing I'll always have the game if I buy physical is a hard one to pass up though. That fear of a dead HDD and inability to redownload the game plagues my dreams lol. Not to mention the freedom to resell, but thats a rare occurrence with me.
    When Sony or MS do decide to leave the industry you will not care about your 20+ year old games you can no longer play because you can no longer play them due to your eyes being bad or arthritis.

Its just a game.

P.S
    This month I will earn the 10 year badge on Steam.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/keefy/badges/1
    Last edited by keefy; 09-07-2013 at 11:10.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I've never really seen a trend for competitive console dd.
    I am hoping the MS initial drive to push the DRM restrictions etc will mean they start to drive the pricing down for this market by posting competetive DD pricing for their first party games, hopefully meaning other publishers, inc. Sony, will reduce their online prices.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    My only worry for this is monthly data caps. I already have to pay extra every month for just downloading demos along with the use of Netflix, Hulu and iHeartRadio/Pandora. Every game I download would be an additional $10 I have to pay the cable company.

PSN ID
    DaGrandMastah
    Just curious but people with caps and issues with throttling...are you overseas? Is this a US thing as well? I've never seen that in my area of New Jersey but I have FIOS which apparently doesnt' cap you. If it does than I've never come across it and I've download insane amounts of stuff from my connection.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGrandMastah View Post
    Just curious but people with caps and issues with throttling...are you overseas? Is this a US thing as well? I've never seen that in my area of New Jersey but I have FIOS which apparently doesnt' cap you. If it does than I've never come across it and I've download insane amounts of stuff from my connection.
    It really just varies. We have SuddenLink and a couple months ago they added the cap. I've received notice every month since it's been added that I've gone over.

They charge $10 for every 50GB extra and typically I go around 30GB over, so luckily it's only $10 extra each month.

And I say 'luckily' with an eye roll, as they really shouldn't even be charging extra to begin with.

Ultimate Veteran
    get a bigger hard drive i will never go that route. only for map packs and stuff ad nthe day they do away with discs is the day i stop gameing

Dedicated Member
    Its coming one day coolguy.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Dedicated Member
    I have now accumulated £120 worth of PSN vouchers for £86, meaning £59.99 next gen titles will in reality only be £43 each, not really any more expensive than next gen titles from Amazon, cheaper than some in fact.

I am happy with that.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Just thought I'd come in here and say this whole GTA V debacle is one reason I'll never go Full Digital-Only. Ain't nobody got time for that $#@!! Unacceptable and tedious. Here I am downloading 18 gigs worth of content and I still can't play?

AHAH SIKE!!!! AIN'T BOUT DAT LYFE!!!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

13. Likes D3seeker, Christopher , DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Just thought I'd come in here and say this whole GTA V debacle is one reason I'll never go Full Digital-Only. Ain't nobody got time for that $#@!! Unacceptable and tedious. Here I am downloading 18 gigs worth of content and I still can't play?

What was the GTA V debacle? I haven't heard of this.
    I downloaded it and installed it like any other game downloaded from PSN. Took about 3 hours total, and did that on Monday, before launch date anyway. No problems here.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    What was the GTA V debacle? I haven't heard of this.
    I downloaded it and installed it like any other game downloaded from PSN. Took about 3 hours total, and did that on Monday, before launch date anyway. No problems here.
    he might have a bad Internet connection because from the sound of it it took a while. like me, I've been downloading for 5 hrs now and at 70% fml

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

PSU Live Streamer

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yeah, I thought this was going to be a streaming issue with the game. Hopefully they'll be able to fix it in this case.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    ah I see thanks for the article. well I just downloaded it last night and am playing it now and haven't noticed any problems. but that might be because I've been trying to run from the cops the damn ai. took me like 30 minutes to erase all te stars I had lol

moving on tapatalk

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I've been playing the Digital version for a while now and nothing is wrong with it.

The only thing i need sony to improve is Network bandwidth as the download was not even taking hlaf of my full speed!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBreezyBB View Post
    I've been playing the Digital version for a while now and nothing is wrong with it.

The only thing i need sony to improve is Network bandwidth as the download was not even taking hlaf of my full speed!
    yea I noticed that too. took all damn night to download this game for me

moving on tapatalk

PSN ID
    NastyNative101
    Digital is convenient for sure.
    Do not forget that having a game
    in your hand means you can resell it later.
    You can collect them and sell them in the
    future specially since hard copies are even
    fewer now then ever.

Some of the rarest NES games. 40K...lol
    http://blog.pricecharting.com/2009/0...me-prices.html

Forum Elder
    I will never go full Digital until I am forced to.

too many negative for me

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    I just have great luck when it comes to these kinds of things I guess.
    No problems with GTA V digital version, never encountered a game breaking bug in a Bethesda game etc.

Dedicated Member
    50GB for KZ:SF..better warn my ISP!!
    PSN = prison_inmate

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Until 100Mb/s download stream is a reality day to day, I will only download those dd only titles I am DIYING for.

As of now 12Mb/s is as good as I've seen on what supposed to be a 20Mb/s connection, and that's a rarity in itself. Damn you Comcast!

Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post

Thats one reason and then there is for example the new KZ game with 50GB of data and thats the first game available, in 2-3 years time there will be games with 60-80 gigs of content...
    Digital only will always have a lot of risks and won't be an option for most people!

Thread Information