Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

I have decided, digital only for me!

As per the title, I have decided to go digital only and will be only getting games off of the PSN. I don't think I will be paying too much over the odds bearing in mind there are often deals on PSN cards at reduced prices, for example 50 of credit for 40 on Shop-to.net.

Anyone else considering going this route?
    PSN = prison_inmate

2. Likes crosspjc likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I recommend a 2tb hdd uprgrade

4. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I recommend a 2tb hdd uprgrade
    Yes mate, that's in the pipeline too.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    As per the title, I have decided to go digital only and will be only getting games off of the PSN. I don't think I will be paying too much over the odds bearing in mind there are often deals on PSN cards at reduced prices, for example 50 of credit for 40 on Shop-to.net.

Anyone else considering going this route?
    My only problem with digital right now is the costs of games. When they are new releases, I don't mind paying the normal price. However, after year being out, seeing a game still costing the "newly released" price, is irritating.

7. Likes Ghost , K2D , Shingo likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    My only problem with digital right now is the costs of games. When they are new releases, I don't mind paying the normal price. However, after year being out, seeing a game still costing the "newly released" price, is irritating.
    That , I never understand the reasons behind it.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Titles are too expensive for me to consider that. I know the summer and winter sales are good as well as PS Plus but some prices are shocking (49.99 for Black Ops Declassified?!)

Another example:
    PS Store: GTA V Pre order 49.99
    Retail: has been between 30 and 35 the best offers I've seen. Or trade 2 games at GameStop + 5.

Alot of big games that hit the store are like 59.99 when they can be picked up almost 50% cheaper retail.

If money's no object though or you're not bothered about prices and you want the game the second it becomes available/released then go for it but for me, I prefer retail collection and better prices.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Yep, you'll need a monstrous hard drive - don't forget to have games on your download list in the PSN and download whenever you want them to save space! I, for one, hope to never go fully digital, love having the hard copy.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Mopreme187
    I would really love to go digital only.... the only thing thats stopping me is the price on psn compared to retail, also hdd space is a minor concern,

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    I've decided digital only for PS4 there's more pros it seems to having the digital version and its usually a whole $10 cheaper to buy the digital version on release, Pre-release preorder downloads are extremely convenient as the games are literally installed as they are downloaded when you're busy away at work etc.

Games load faster, everything is more seamless and effortless.

It benefits the games industry in the fact that the publisher and developer get direct proceeds from a sale and there's no middle man, trade in shinanigans that hurt games sales.

Digital saves physical space, no disc changing, content is 100% backed up in the cloud, games, game saves etc are always available no matter what happens to your console or hdd, once a disc is gone its gone.

I have decided to go Digital only for Wii U as well Nintendo gives you literally 10% off games purchases by giving you cash back to put towards future digital titles, not to mention the $$$ never expire this is a generous service for going digital only.

Not having to deal with EB Games and their sweaty stinky lines is great, apart from
    The occasional hardware visit but you can't download a console !!.

Ill be upgrading my PS4 HDD literally days after launch to accommodate this digital revolution.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    There are two types of games in my book - the ones I need Day 1; and the games I buy for half the price further down the line.

The later category I usually buy from Steam or get for free with PS+.

The Day 1 games I prefer for get a retail copy to place in my bookshelf. That's an extra value for me.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I am also considering going digital with all my games.

Just depends on the price. If the price matches retail or is cheaper then I'm on board. If it is significantly more expensive like it has been up until now then count me out.

Dedicated Member
    As I said I am not too bothered if they are a little bit over what you can get from Amazon for example, as I am stockpiling PSN vouchers that are on offer, so in effect paying a bit more over PSN will effectively be cost neutral.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Superior Member
    I'm going part digital/part physical.

Day one releases that I really want will be digital, However games that im not entirely sure off/on I will pick up cheaper at a retail store incase I really dislike it then I can get a refund/trade it back in easier.
    psn id: Seekersneak

Loving the ps4, Currently have:
    Assassins creed: black flag
    fifa 14
    outlast and the other free psn+ games.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Digital-only for me as well! Screw those plastic boxes piling up! They add nothing but dust.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    I think I might do a mix of both. For me I think it depends on the game. I guess for exclusives I will purchase via PSN and 3rd party I will purchase via disk.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    NYFAN75
    I don't know personally. I really like having physical in my hand.. But I also do like the convenience of being able to switch from game to game without getting off my lazy ass.

Veteran
    After having a PS3 die on me that I wasn't able to "deactivate" (and losing a movie forever because of it) and iTunes think that I have 4 computers running the same licenses because of a glitch, I'm pretty wary of DRM stuff. I want to stick to physical purchases as long as possible. I do have PS+, but I view that as a game rental service. I don't buy too much extra on top of that.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Well I'd buy off the US Store for starters.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    I'm really not sure yet, but I am leaning towards digital only.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    After having a PS3 die on me that I wasn't able to "deactivate" (and losing a movie forever because of it) and iTunes think that I have 4 computers running the same licenses because of a glitch, I'm pretty wary of DRM stuff. I want to stick to physical purchases as long as possible. I do have PS+, but I view that as a game rental service. I don't buy too much extra on top of that.
    You can get the stuff reset. Same with softwares and games on PC. I had used al my activations up for Diskeeper 2009 so emailed them they replied and said they added another 50 activations to my license.

Master Sage
    After seeing this -

I've decided i'll also go digital (for online games).
    Single player will still be disc though.
    But that feature is just amazing

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    I would say digital only, but it depends on how quick prices drop. I usually order my PS3 games from Amazon a week to a month after release, when many of the games have gone from $60 to $40 by then there. If PS4 physical copies end up dropping in price the same way on Amazon, while remaining $60 digitally, I'll stick with physical copies. Otherwise, I'll go full digital.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I recommend a 2tb hdd upgrade
    At a minimum...

In saying that, I might go digital only for exclusives. I'll see what the NZ prices are on the PSn store (right now, games are around $109.95 for a brand new game off the PS Store here). I can get these from shops for at least $10-30 cheaper.
    Last edited by Admartian; 08-26-2013 at 04:50.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    At a minimum...

In saying that, I might go digital only for exclusives. I'll see what the NZ prices are on the PSn store (right now, games are around $109.95 for a brand new game off the PS Store here). I can get these from shops for at least $10-30 cheaper.
    At a minimum? People are exaggerating the size of these games. You really do not need that much, except if you just download games and never delete them even if you haven't played them in two years.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I was thinking about this thread again earlier when watching the UI Demo of the PS4.
    I'd not actually thought about how easier it would be jumping from game to game if you go digital. Like how the demo shows joining a Killzone online game without actually moving.
    No doubt if Killzone wasn't digital or in the PS4 a 'please insert Killzone disc' would appear.

It would be ace just jumping form game to game, without having to think about what disc is in or have to change the disc before joining a mate in their game. Definitely alot more seamless going digital and quicker in that respect anyway.

29. Likes K2D likes this post

Thread Information