Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    As for next gen graphics....they are GREAT!!! That doesn't mean that they will beat PC as no one has seen a next gen PC game and not many devs make PC only games and/or truly optimize their games for PC....so PC will still be lagging here and there.

Either way it doesn't matter. Consoles are a big deal....so this dead horse is sort of worthless to beat. There is no real battle to be won.
    This essentially what the entire issue boils down to. Modern console games hardware can practically do any effect that an artist wishes to achieve, PC's will have advantages in terms of frame rates and screen resolution but that doesn't mean the original source content is any lesser because of the base platform.

Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well after a few games of playing BF4 at ultra settings. Even if it doesn't look as good on the consoles it's still going to be an amazing experience for all players.

it'll be the best looking Battlefield most players will get to see with their own eyes. I'm sure that is all most players will care about

3. Likes Jabjabs likes this post
    Ancient
    Well if the PS3 is anything to go by any improvement will be welcome, the current gen versions look like $#@!.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    The difference I think will be the resolution. It's so much the graphics as it is the resolution. So when playing on the PC which of course will have better resolution or a more crisp look to it, I know better not to confuse that with graphics. more particle effects? possibly but again it comes down to the resolution which to me doesn't make such a big deal from 720p to 1080p or even 1920x1200, it just doesn't bother me.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    The higher the resolution the less need for AA, however PCs pool is so much larger than a consoles that the textures are much bigger which is why PC games look much crisper. A 720p game on consoles and running at the same resolution on the PC will be a huge difference.

Forum Overseer
    ^which is funny because even that doom game was a port lol.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Maybe it's just me but I never use AA on my PC games. I always turn them off because it makes the picture look more crisp.

Forum Overseer
    that's cause you're on a monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I never use AA on my PC games. I always turn them off because it makes the picture look more crisp.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    that's cause you're on a monitor
    I would say monitors DO need AA more than TVs because of the viewing distance. Sitting close to screen makes more jaggies visible though the higher pixel density (same resolution, less screen area) does help quite a lot

Forum Overseer
    That is true. but i sit about 3-4 feet away so i hate the AA on big TVs and i have never cared for it on PCs at 900p - back when i played WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    I would say monitors DO need AA more than TVs because of the viewing distance. Sitting close to screen makes more jaggies visible though the higher pixel density (same resolution, less screen area) does help quite a lot

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I'm sure Uncharted 3 has a $#@!load of jaggies, but I never noticed'em thanks to edge smoother and a small 32" tv =p

Uncharted 3 looked better than all PC games up until 2011, heck, it still looks better than most PC games nowadays. So I'm not worried about PS4 delivering great visual fidelity in comparison to PC games.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    I'm sure Uncharted 3 has a $#@!load of jaggies, but I never noticed'em thanks to edge smoother and a small 32" tv =p

Uncharted 3 looked better than all PC games up until 2011, heck, it still looks better than most PC games nowadays. So I'm not worried about PS4 delivering great visual fidelity in comparison to PC games.
    lol
    i7 4770 | 2x EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX SLI | 32GB
    i7 3770 | EVGA SC GTX 580 3GB​ | 16GB

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by sneezymarble View Post
    lol
    it's a fair comment, not everyone has a strong PC. and PC lacks good-looking adventure games.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    lol
    I would expect a titan owner to say so.

The thing is he's right in the sense that no PC exclusives ever have such detailed environments. They are have this sharp but cold and dead feeling. Most are games running on the dated source engine most of the time (I'm not talking about console ports)

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post

It's also an exclusive.....and Crysis is a 2007 game and look miles ahead of Uncharted.

So, I as well would like to "lol" at this statement.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    It's also an exclusive.....and Crysis is a 2007 game and look miles ahead of Uncharted.

So, I as well would like to "lol" at this statement.
    Yet Uncharted 3 Wowed me and Crysis was just nice, I'd say the key is art direction which is always the case with console games, just like GOW, while not being as technical as say like Crysis, they are still technically advanced games that push the envelope a bits further with presentation and art, something the developers did to because of the limitations they had which are costly effects to do by brute power alone
    So they use tricks and method that are outside the box
    And that's why it wow us, consoles devs tend to push in areas PC games don't because of limitations
    I sure there are plenty of games out there that have their flare due to how the developers made the game around console limitations and wouldn't have bothered if they could simply use the same method everyone else uses because the the power is there.
    And this is why I prefer console gaming.

Dedicated Member
    PC elitists can GTH. Compare a $399 built pc to a ps4, that would be a fair comparison, not a $800 rig.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    PC elitists can GTH. Compare a $399 built pc to a ps4, that would be a fair comparison, not a $800 rig.
    To be honest even $800 rig is on the line of just having a resolution above 1080p advantage over next-gen consoles, as more and more nextgen PC versions of games spec are revealed it becoming obvious that the bare minimum PC's are gonna need is 6gbRAM/2gbVRAM just to run Nextgen games, let alone to run as intended.

Forum Sage
    You wont ever get a fair comparison out of PC and console. Fact is PC's cost more. But you get what you pay for.

Forum Overseer
    you don't need to spend $800 to get a good rig. honestly most people overkill on CPU/RAM and the mobo.

i built mine for around $200-$250. already had the monitor and GPU though. so with a decent GPU that would last you a couple of years (granted you don't care about ALL effects on and are ok with some things being medium), you're looking at $400 total. If you wanna go high, i'm sure not more than $500 total.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you don't need to spend $800 to get a good rig. honestly most people overkill on CPU/RAM and the mobo.

i built mine for around $200-$250. already had the monitor and GPU though. so with a decent GPU that would last you a couple of years (granted you don't care about ALL effects on and are ok with some things being medium), you're looking at $400 total. If you wanna go high, i'm sure not more than $500 total.
    To be fair, a $400 PC, built today, is unlikely to perform as well in future games as the next-gen consoles.
    i7 4770 | 2x EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX SLI | 32GB
    i7 3770 | EVGA SC GTX 580 3GB​ | 16GB

Forum Overseer
    oh yea, there's going to be a big boost, things are changing this generation.
    To be fair, a $400 PC, built today, is unlikely to perform as well in future games as the next-gen consoles.

Dedicated Member
    See my earlier post in the Nintendo section.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...-thread/page12

Essentially, the market is about to experament with COMMODITY GAMING.
    While they did it with mobile on cell phones, now, it comes home in the environment where Apple TV will start running iPhone games and if not, certainly the Android Microconsoles are coming (MOJO, not OUYA).

SONY Just wants to dominate as a service later on, Google is a service now as is Steam.
    Steam is offering lots of complexity and uncertain hardware platforms.
    Android from Google is pretty much going to run on ARM cores and a variety of supported video chips, be them Mali, Power VR, Adreno, AMD or Nvidia/Tegra.

Steam wants you to spend money on big hardware.
    Android wants you to spend it on a commodity box, but upgrade yearly or as you see fit.

We have NEVER seen this much VIABLE VARIETY.
    Most of these things can carve their own niche without failing.

One may dominate, we shall see.

SONY's early embracing of the Indies is their getting a leg up on this, though, it really does serve gamers better too.
    Last edited by John Willaford; 10-08-2013 at 21:11. Reason: insert final comment

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    This "PC elitist GTH" crap needs to go. I was hoping to come here and have the community be different than the craptacular 12 year old immature community that is the Xbox forums.

But every chance there is....when the PC is discussed it's this dam "PC vs console" it's "PC elitist that....PC elitist this". I can say the same thing about ppl who claim Uncharted is better than Crysis when there is a clear distinction in texture resolution and scale.

Just b/c I think PC have better graphics...and they do...doens't mean I'm a PC elitist. I've stated a few times that I'm enjoying my PS3 and love it to death. I've also stated that I might actually get into console gaming more this coming up gen.

I love console gaming. There are some console exclustives (really just PS3 exclusives) that are a must buy for gamers. I love games...not PC gaming.

But yet...having a different opinion that isn't favorable to consoles in some aspects so it's PC elitist.

Edit: Also....for the record....the reason PCs cost isn't only b/c of gaming. Yes a GTX Titan will cost you an arm and a leg, but when you put it with the other componets.....it's a COMPUTER.

It does more than just play games and run a few apps.

You can pay bills online, video edit, music edit, iTunes, watch movies, surf the web (the real web), facebook, youtube, do homework, WordPerfect, Office, Excel, email.....the list goes on and on.

The fact that some of you don't realize this and keep saying "LOL $400 VS $10000 WHOS GETTING SCAMMED!!" is quite hilarious.

2 years ago you could get a $1000 PC that got 10x the graphical capabilities of a console....and did more.

But whatever.
    Last edited by Locomotive; 10-08-2013 at 23:03.

26. Likes BBK.. , keefy likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    What post where?
    Teh number to the right you can link directly to your posts.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...=1#post6217776

Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    See my earlier post in the Nintendo section.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...-thread/page12

Essentially, the market is about to experament with COMMODITY GAMING.
    While they did it with mobile on cell phones, now, it comes home in the environment where Apple TV will start running iPhone games and if not, certainly the Android Microconsoles are coming (MOJO, not OUYA).

SONY Just wants to dominate as a service later on, Google is a service now as is Steam.
    Steam is offering lots of complexity and uncertain hardware platforms.
    Android from Google is pretty much going to run on ARM cores and a variety of supported video chips, be them Mali, Power VR, Adreno, AMD or Nvidia/Tegra.

Steam wants you to spend money on big hardware.
    Android wants you to spend it on a commodity box, but upgrade yearly or as you see fit.

We have NEVER seen this much VIABLE VARIETY.
    Most of these things can carve their own niche without failing.

One may dominate, we shall see.

SONY's early embracing of the Indies is their getting a leg up on this, though, it really does serve gamers better too.
    Last edited by keefy; 10-08-2013 at 23:27.

Thread Information