Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Mark Cerny On Cloud Becoming A Larger Part of PS4, Admits Their Difficulties

http://gamingbolt.com/mark-cerny-on-...n-difficulties

This guy is continuing his role and rounds
    Last edited by claud3; 08-26-2013 at 22:21.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I like Cerny but I swear, I think I could do without hearing the word cloud even again!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

3. Likes AsterPhoenix, darky89 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I totally agree friend... It is freaking everywhere
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    20 years ago it was virtuality

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I totally agree friend... It is freaking everywhere
    can you just change the title idk if you mean "their" difficulties meaning they are having complications with using could or that there are difficulties with implementing cloud. The article suggests that there are difficulties adding a significant experience for the user rather than them actually having problems with cloud. It made me wonder are they having problems with Gaikai services and what not. Had me thinking well Sony had to $#@! something up. It almost seems that Mark Cerny is downplaying cloud whatever they need do the ps4 can handle it and cloud is just not advanced enough to do anything significant.
    Last edited by hood; 08-26-2013 at 22:22.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    can you just change the title idk if you mean "their" difficulties meaning they are having complications with using could or that there are difficulties with implementing cloud. The article suggests that there are difficulties adding a significant experience for the user rather than them actually having problems with cloud. It made me wonder are they having problems with Gaikai services and what not. Had me thinking well Sony had to $#@! something up.
    Ok, but that is how i copied it from the site

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I like Cerny but I swear, I think I could do without hearing the word cloud even again!
    Agreed, SONY is working with NASA ffs.. Call it SPACE!!!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Elite Member
    After reading this article I'm not entirely sold on cloud. It seems more situational like remote play and smart glass
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I would never use these services from SONY or MS... Because i see no point unless you are a Multi-player type gamer and i am totally not that guy

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    im on cloud 9 right now

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    So until then, Xbox One's cloud be will better and more powerful than PS4's. Microsoft designed the whole console around cloud from the get-go, and now Sony is struggling to get their cloud power up and running to compete. The PS4 has many benefits over Xbox One, but Xbox One takes the cake when it comes to cloud. Microsoft has always been more proactive when it comes to great online services. Xbox Live may be a paid service, but it is a paid service for a reason. Microsoft has done very well in investing in Xbox Live.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Microsoft has done very well in investing in Xbox Live.
    I had to quote that for a laugh. Microsoft has had Xbox Live since the original Xbox. They have done very little in investing in Xbox Live in comparison to how much profit they've made off of it. They always waited until the last possible minute to increase server numbers with Xbox Live. People would be trying to download new demos that should be done in like an hour on their internet connection, that ended up taking over 24 hours to download because how many people were downloading and how few servers they had the data on. They'd always let it get horrible, before finally giving in and throwing money at the service to add more servers and improve speeds and quality.

They have never done well at investing in Xbox Live. This is a major investment for Xbox One with the 300,000 servers. It's about time though. They didn't lose any money on it either, they've been robbing folks for Xbox Live since back when there were NO benefits to Xbox Live other than the ability to play your game online. I remember paying for the service back on the original Xbox, just to play Capcom vs SNK 2 online, and the price was just as high as it is now. There were no nice menus, or dashboards, it was simply a paywall to take my cash so I could use my ISP to get to the p2p matchmaking of the game.

Sorry, I just had to respond to that, because I look at it like it's the least Microsoft could do. They've been literally robbing folks forever with a service that has offered little to nothing more than access to your ISP online functionality in games that already handle their own server space separate to Xbox Live. Their transparent attempts to look like a great service now by copying Sony at every step with free games and such is horrible, considering it's nowhere near the same quality of extra content, and most the free crap they give you is old and unappealing. But hey, atleast they're trying now, even if it's only because they are forced to.

14. Likes D3seeker, dondidit, JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    So until then, Xbox One's cloud be will better and more powerful than PS4's. Microsoft designed the whole console around cloud from the get-go, and now Sony is struggling to get their cloud power up and running to compete. The PS4 has many benefits over Xbox One, but Xbox One takes the cake when it comes to cloud. Microsoft has always been more proactive when it comes to great online services. Xbox Live may be a paid service, but it is a paid service for a reason. Microsoft has done very well in investing in Xbox Live.
    Nothing short of a large pile of crap here... I think he thinks the cloud is more than it is...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    ^^ You fell for foraeli's post

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Elite Guru
    While personally I can think of some vague sweeping ideas for cloud based processing, for the most part I just don't see it being a big thing in the real time space. That said things like asynchronous match making on x1 is a brilliant use of the technology as it requires loads of processing power on the server side and benefits the end user. It is also something that with enough time other developers can do.

Elite Member
    I'm not sure if you can read/or read the article or you are just joking.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    So I guess you bought into MS's PR.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    ie.... Sony being real and level headed on the issue =
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    can you just change the title idk if you mean "their" difficulties meaning they are having complications with using could or that there are difficulties with implementing cloud. The article suggests that there are difficulties adding a significant experience for the user rather than them actually having problems with cloud. It made me wonder are they having problems with Gaikai services and what not. Had me thinking well Sony had to $#@! something up. It almost seems that Mark Cerny is downplaying cloud whatever they need do the ps4 can handle it and cloud is just not advanced enough to do anything significant.
    Gaikai is (said) to be for streaming games, not enhancing them. They would still need a hole other set up for that, hence all the work they've been doing lately.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    ie.... Sony being real and level headed on the issue =

Gaikai is (said) to be for streaming games, not enhancing them. They would still need a hole other set up for that, hence all the work they've been doing lately.
    Maybe you miss read my post I asked to change the title because it said there problems with cloud. Gaikai is a cloud service so if they were having problems which they aren't according to the article then maybe in some way Gaikai would be effected. By changing the title to their as in Sony it give it a more human error type of issue. As you read the article it is stated that the problem with cloud is meaningful implementation which is something that is totally up to developers and not a issue with the ps4 itself.

Thread Information