Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    if they make Mirrors edge online only, i will burn their HQ to the ground ^_^ jus' sayin'

but in truth, it sounds like it may have been taken out of context. what i think he's referring to is 'strictly offline' games. so in other words, every game will have online features. the game itself, may still be 'strictly' offline.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Yeah, I guess they're just saying that all games will have some kind of online feature, at least I hope so. It would be a shame if all of the games they published in the future was focused on online/multiplayer. As a big fan of games like Mass Effect (with a really good single player story), I would be really disappointed if there wouldn't be any more games like that. I really hope we don't get to a point where all games are like Battlefield, with focus on online multiplayer and a tacked on single player mode. Don't get me wrong, I like playing Battlefield and such, but I wouldn't like if all games was like that.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I'll continue to buy EA games even if they're online only. I really don't see anything wrong with what they are doing. I mean if you don't want the game then EA just lost a sale of course. If the game sucks, I'll stop buying it. If EA brings their games up to $70 I'll stop buying it. Those are things where I won't support that company. But always being online isn't really a problem for me.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    So what about Mirror's Edge 2?

We've been seeing this evolution for a few years anyway.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I think it would be cool if Mirrors Edge was open world and online so you could see and/or interact with other players in that world.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Offline experience is offline experience, on line is the same

But it has the choice to fault and what happens then, when all if some of the servers fail... What do you do then
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Well i'm one less customer they have to worry about.

We all saw the movie Wall-E...

8. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    if they make Mirrors edge online only, i will burn their HQ to the ground ^_^ jus' sayin'

but in truth, it sounds like it may have been taken out of context. what i think he's referring to is 'strictly offline' games. so in other words, every game will have online features. the game itself, may still be 'strictly' offline.
    This!! Double post.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    I am not really surprised by this. I guess this is why MS wanted to go this direction.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    The Sims, Sim City ..the works. I want to say I'm fine with this, but I hate Origin with a vengeance. Funny thing that.. had no problem adapting to Steam..

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    EA, I don't buy your games.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Hmmm. If i have to pay for these after the fact EA, you can burn. Publishers should do just that, PUBLISH someone else's idea to their fullest, not yours.

You've already messed up staples, I have little hope in your ability not to mess up anything else down the line.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Hey, they're just saying that they're not about singleplayer-only games anymore. This has been going on for years. Otherwise BF4 wouldn't have a campaign.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    What about Mass Effect? And they're releasing Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Follow me on Twitter: @DaanvMonsjou

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
    What about Mass Effect? And they're releasing Dragon Age: Inquisition.
    Mass Effect has an online component. I don't know about Dragon Age: Inquisition, let's hope they don't $#@! up the singleplayer for an online mode.

PSN ID
    ErrorInMyPants
    I hate EA really for their lack of support towards fans, once they get your money they walk out on you.
    The only EA game I play is FIFA, and that's going down a bit...

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorInMyPants View Post
    I hate EA really for their lack of support towards fans, once they get your money they walk out on you.
    The only EA game I play is FIFA, and that's going down a bit...
    Aside from shutting down 5 year old servers when have they ever walked out on a game.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Here is an update on this "rumor"...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/27/mo...ne-connection/

Last week at Gamescom, Peter Moore made some statements to the effect that EA no longer ships offline games, but products that are enmeshed in online and social functionality. In a missive on the EA blog today, Moore added clarity to those statements, saying EA's approach does not mean all its games are required to be online.

"Many, if not most, of our games include single-player, offline modes that you can play entirely without an Internet connection, if you so choose," Moore wrote. "We know that's something many of our players want, and we will continue to deliver it."

Moore went on to address growing negative perceptions toward EA's free-to-play lineup, specifically Command & Conquer. "We will continue to explore new free-to-play experiences for our franchises when we believe there is gamer interest and a cool new game we can build. But of course we will continue to deliver award-winning core gaming experiences on ALL of these franchises." While many EA franchises offer free-to-play options, Moore said it is not a sweeping company mandate for all EA games moving forward.
    So there's that.

Ea are just stupid and alienating their fans. I hope they don't do any of this kind of crap with bf4

Forum Overseer
    Their comment is being misunderstood. but that's what they get for making a captain-obvious comment.

I have a feeling that a large portion of users (in this thread) fail to read the source properly
    "no thanks. i could not care less about home. its a very neat idea, but i didnt buy a video game system to enter a "virtual" world." - damon_c
    lol

Elite Member
    Put in mind gaming consoles have been around for years an online gaming was only available around prior the time of the original XBOX w/ HALO an network play for PS2, this was only the start of online console gaming!! but on previous note gaming consoles is what made offline single-player experiences for what they are an its what makes ppl buy consoles, with online play its fun to play but it isn't everyone's taste isit!! but users like co-op with mates offline at there homes & single some users tend to use both on & offline use but still use it for social gaming with others.

If this is EA's direction to sport gaming or driving games I will never buy another game from this because I always want my offline single player experiences.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegabi View Post
    Ea are just stupid and alienating their fans. I hope they don't do any of this kind of crap with bf4

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Put in mind gaming consoles have been around for years an online gaming was only available around prior the time of the original XBOX w/ HALO an network play for PS2, this was only the start of online console gaming!! but on previous note gaming consoles is what made offline single-player experiences for what they are an its what makes ppl buy consoles, with online play its fun to play but it isn't everyone's taste isit!! but users like co-op with mates offline at there homes & single some users tend to use both on & offline use but still use it for social gaming with others.

If this is EA's direction to sport gaming or driving games I will never buy another game from this because I always want my offline single player experiences.
    Read reply #43 .

Thread Information