Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on the Sony KDL40W905A

I read that it is one of the better TV's for gaming.
    It has low input lag, but is lacking in certain areas (like motion resolution) and is rather expensive for what it is.

I would look into the panasonic TX-P42GT60B.

2. Likes UkHardcore, EHY893 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I had a look at that Panasonic and I think I'm going with that one. I can't wait for the next gen to start. These next 2 months are going to feel like forever!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    It has low input lag, but is lacking in certain areas (like motion resolution) and is rather expensive for what it is.

I would look into the panasonic TX-P42GT60B.
    Im upgrading this year my 4 year old 50" this coming week and if i could/can afford the 50GT60B it's defo the TV to go for!
    Last edited by UkHardcore; 09-07-2013 at 01:35.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    After a long research a week ago I purchased 50” gt60. It is absolutelly perfect choice for a gamer I suppose.

St60 is a no go because of the input lag and occasional lipsync problem.

Havent yet calibrated my gt60. But still I like the picture I see.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I had a look at that Panasonic and I think I'm going with that one. I can't wait for the next gen to start. These next 2 months are going to feel like forever!
    Amen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    LOL, the wife is now talking about replacing my 17yr 36" CRT in the living room. Too bad, I can't move my 64" Plasma down there (even though it's only 2yrs old) because it's too wide. I've got a 48" Niche to put the TV. Or else, I'd be trying to get an 80" Plasma for my Game Room. Probably wouldn't be the best idea w/ the direct light coming in, but I don't watch TV in the living room.

So now I'm looking at 50" Flatscreens, too bad there's too much direct light coming in the living room, so I'll probably go LED, now I need to do some research and wait until March for the bargins during the model year closeouts. Well, I'm off to AVSForum.com for some research.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bat0nas View Post
    After a long research a week ago I purchased 50” gt60. It is absolutelly perfect choice for a gamer I suppose.

St60 is a no go because of the input lag and occasional lipsync problem.

Havent yet calibrated my gt60. But still I like the picture I see.
    I used to work with this stuff.
    The ST has an input lag? I'll have to make note. I'd never heard one way or another, so thanks for the note.
    Maybe the guys at HHGregg will want to help me test this on the floor models.

My older GT25 has no input lag that i've ever noticed, be it shooter or platformers, so, I'm happy with what i've got, but, the upgrade bug has been itching.
    I'm kind of waiting for 84 in Plasma 4K (Same glass as 1080p 42 in models).

PSN ID
    Captobvious75
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    The ST has an input lag? I'll have to make note. I'd never heard one way or another, so thanks for the note.

My older GT25 has no input lag that i've ever noticed, be it shooter or platformers, so, I'm happy with what i've got, but, the upgrade bug has been itching.
    I own an ST and there is some input lag, but nothing severe

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

10. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SkipRat
    Just picked myself up a Panasonic 32E6B ready for some Next Gen love for my Gaming Room....
    I have a Panasonic GT50 in the Living Room but much prefer a smaller screen....
    Awsome little set the E6B....

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post

Bellow are some info on testing input lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Captobvious75 View Post
    I own an ST and there is some input lag, but nothing severe

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

The ST is still a great TV for gaming even if it's almost twice as slow as the GT. Both TVs are best of the best.

Info from hdtvtest.uk

ST gaming performance:

Console Gaming

There had to be some bad news, right? Here it is: although gaming is still enjoyable on the ST60, its input lag is higher than the outgoing ST50. The fastest configuration is to enable the “Game Mode” and make sure that “1080p Pixel Direct” is disabled. Under this configuration – which is the fastest we could squeeze out of the ST60 – we clocked the TXP42ST60B in as lagging by anywhere between 47ms and 62ms, using the high-speed camera measurement method. Enlisting the more concrete services of the Leo Bodnar Lag Tester, the measurement came out as 74.5ms (it also clocks our old ST50 in at about 47ms, the large discrepancy between this result and our camera method being something we have some theories about, but are still investigating).
    As you can see, measuring input lag is not always an exact process, so to get a better understanding, we played some first-person shooter (FPS) games through an HDMI splitter, simultaneously feeding our old 50ST50 as well as the new P42ST60 (by the way, we checked to the best of our ability to guarantee that the HDMI splitter wasn’t adding its own lag, and didn’t feel that it was adding any). The take-home message should be this: this year’s ST is definitely slower for gamers, although exactly how much is difficult to determine.
    We tried everything we could to reduce the TX-P42ST60′s lag, including cycling through picture modes, enabling/disabling “1080p Pixel Direct”, changing the “HDMI Content Type” mode… but 47ms was the lowest number we could get. This by no means makes games unplayable, but the buttery-smooth, blink and you’ll miss it responsiveness of the ST50 is not here. We just hope that the step-up series – the GT60, VT60/VT65, and ZT60/ZT65 – can improve on this… although it’d be the first time a higher-end model was had less lag than the mid-ranger so we’re not hugely hopeful. Still, those higher-up models do feature the new Hexa-Core processor… so perhaps the ST60′s slightly decreased gaming responsiveness will be a one-off.
    If you’re using a PC with the TX-P42ST60B, you can get full 4:4:4 chroma by using the [1080p Pixel Direct] mode, which on its own will result in large edge halos. These can be defeated by setting the “HDMI Content Type” for that input to “Photo”, although this may have an impact on colour accuracy with some content (it appears to make no difference for RGB content from computers, but changes colour decoding with YCbCr video, like what is commonly output by set-top boxes and disc players).

GT gaming performance:

Console Gaming
    We’re putting this at the top of the review so gamers can read the rest of it without worrying. Panasonic’s ST60 plasma, reviewed last week, delighted us with its picture quality, but we warned gamers that its video processor responsiveness was slower than the outgoing ST50, although it was far from intolerable. This worried us, because it’s unusual for higher-end models (which are typically more heavy on video processing) to be faster for gaming than the basic ones.
    Well, the GT60 is. It’s a return to Panasonic’s typical buttery smooth gaming responsiveness. Tested with the high speed camera and cloned PC output method, we clocked it in at an average of just 23ms. The Leo Bodnar lag tester device, as usual, is less forgiving, reporting a reading of 43.4ms (which is actually 2ms or so less than it reports for the ultra-smooth ST50). We are still running both lag test methods simultaneously, to get a better understanding of how both interact specifically with regards to the sub-field drive of a Plasma display panel (PDP).
    We were almost wiping sweat off our brows, but are delighted to report a top-notch gaming experience on the TX-P50GT60. Panasonic – you scared us!
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Dedicated Member
    Much appreciated.
    Sadly, no GT's here in the states anymore, only ST then VT and Z.
    Biiig price jump. I'm happy where I am for now

Some of the tv's being recommended are silly expensive!! I have a Panny TX-P42S30B Plasma. The picture quality is second to none (when calibrated) its a few years old so you can pick em up fo next to nothing and best of all only 14 millisecond latency to controller input so if your planning on playing any fps games is the way forward

http://www.avforums.com/review/Panas...TV-Review.html

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    I have a 22", I really want to get a bigger TV but my girlfriend and I just threw down lots of money for our new apartment and the PS4, so...probably wont be able to get one for a while.
    Contributing Writer @ PSU | Amateur Games Journalist | Internet Media Guy

Tumblr Blogs: Josh Likes Games | Coffee and Controllers | Follow me on Twitter
    Spooky Mobley's Conspiracy Corner | Pixel Power Art

PSN ID
    Jwordyoo
    Dang

Thread Information