Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

How the hell do you get to play this game?

I have created my character and all I get is " This world is currently full. Please wait until an opening is available and try again" WTF?

Then at the character selection you can choose world, I do this and choose another and then my character disappears and all I can do is quit. This sucks.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by berts08 View Post
    I have created my character and all I get is " This world is currently full. Please wait until an opening is available and try again" WTF?

Then at the character selection you can choose world, I do this and choose another and then my character disappears and all I can do is quit. This sucks.
    Sounds like servers are full. That's just a guess though. I'm not even familiar with it lol.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Yeah they capping servers very low. Most people getting in by spamming log in.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    So there is a chance I can't get to play this game?

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by berts08 View Post
    So there is a chance I can't get to play this game?
    Not on an eu server. Jpn server all good. Messed up I know but thats what they doing. They adding more jpn servers no word on eu servers. Guess Yoshi was inspired by sword art online and only wanted a limited number of people to play.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Wow. So it seems like FF XIV was an utter launch failure again lol.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Choose your world, create your character. When is says its full try to enter again. You'll eventually get stuck in a queue. Usually takes me half an hour.

PSN ID
    siftinglurker88
    apprently I must play this game when its quiet every day cause I havn't had any issues

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    In order to play the game you have to follow 3 basic steps.

1) Relieve yourself of all deities but the one true Primal, Bahamut.
    2) Requires a blood sacrifice, while singing the theme song to FF-XIV in Hymn.(Baby lamb or cow will do nicely)
    3) Then you have to download or insert the game, register a Square Enix account, smoke a cigarette, then after youve created your player and chosen a world, you have to keep pressing "X" like a mad man until it puts you into a queue for the game or magically put you into a world outright.

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

10. Likes avecha likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    i forget no one knows hoe MMO's workSE is one of my favorites devs. they know what theyre doing... would you rather have a $#@!ed buggy game on day one... or a fixed epic game.

All you solo gamers
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    They should of known they would have a high demand. I dont understand why publishers/devs dont learn these things.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

13. Likes daLa likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The servers will open up in time and things will run smoothly...I don't know of any other mainstream MMO that has had persistent server issues from launch till now. Give it sometime...

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bluehazeburnout
    it does not help that a lot of the population is still in city's. If you log out at a sanctuary rather then the inn you can generally get in quicker. or at least that is what it seems to me

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    $#@! $#@! $#@!

I was on a japan server last night, did a few quest and left. I go to play today, I cant get on the same server as last night, I get on a different server and I have to start all over again???????? What the $#@! is this $#@!? Please don't tell me you have to stay on one server for your stats to be saved? $#@! that if true, I'm going to try get my money back if true.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bluehazeburnout
    yep, characters are saved per slot per server and you can have up to 8 characters on the same server.

THey are working to relieve the servers and that will be in place next week. Kinda sucky but the game is really quite good when you can play.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Harharhahrar! Another complete failure in the FF franchise.
    And i thought they'd learn from the past.

I'm sorry for all the fans so please don't take this personally but SE lost their touch long ago.
    Just demand your money back mankind.

19. Likes daLa likes this post
    Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    The beta seemed to work alright but whats going on with the full game I did hear something with the EU/NA servers.
    Playing - Legend of Heroes:Trails Of The Sky (Steam)
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Went to play this tonight and guess what? It wouldn't let me on. Server is full and try later, WTF??? It didn't even put me in a queue. Can anyone explain why it never put me in a queue?

You give up too early. takes at least 15 - 30 mins. Sometimes shorter.
    Took me 10 minutes this morning.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    You guys need to get your head outta' your asses. MMORPG's always have problems at launch. Especially MMORPG's with a high demand.

They will fix it soon.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Nah dude the companies need to get their heads out off their turdcuters.

They are the ones telling us "Digital is the way to go" and micro transaction this, mmorpg that (ie milkemevenharder 2.0).

Goddamn it's not 2003 anymore and still every launch is a Desaster

Tapatalkin'

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    I thought i replied to this?

Keep trying, after a few tries it will stick you in a queue. Minimum of 10 minutes.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Nope, I tried for 30 mins and still couldn't get put in a queue. I payed for this game so I should be able to play it.

26. Likes daLa likes this post
    Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Further Details on Access Restrictions

This is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn producer and director Naoki Yoshida and I would like to take the time to personally apologize once again to all those players who have been affected by the extended World login and character creation restrictions which have been in place for the past several days. I also understand that apologies will not help you get logged in, so I would like to give you an update on the situation at hand and the various measures we are currently employing to alleviate the situation.

Concurrent Connections

On the night following the announcement of our plans to temporarily limit sales of the download version, A Realm Reborn recorded upwards of 218,000 concurrent connections. This is in spite of the fact that the peak login times for separate regions around the world arrive at differing intervals. We estimate that without time zone differences, the total number of concurrent connections would number anywhere from 300,000 to 350,000.

As many of you know, this is the second launch for FINAL FANTASY XIV─something unprecedented in the MMORPG market. Considering the outcome of our first launch, our sales estimates for this one were decidedly conservative, as we believed that there would be a more gradual rise in users over the opening weeks and months.

Instead, to our pleasant surprise, we experienced tremendous support from a great number of players who were eager to get into the game from day one. To ensure that these players, once logged in, were able to play in a stable environment, we were required to implement login restrictions which kept server population near maximum capacity without exceeding those numbers.

The fact that we had to implement these restrictions is a direct result of my inaccurate sales and login estimates, and as producer, I must accept complete responsibility for this misstep. Each and every player who has been affected has my deepest apologies.

The Reasoning behind Login Restrictions

Each FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn World server has been designed to support a maximum of 5,000 concurrent connections. This is not the maximum number of characters which can be created on a World, however, but the maximum number of characters which can be logged into that World simultaneously. When more than 5,000 characters log into a World at once, there is a higher risk of server crashes and login errors. The restoration of crashed servers is usually followed by a rush of players attempting to log back in, which, in turn, puts a strain on our lobby server, and can ultimately have an adverse affect on all of the Worlds.

To prevent this from happening, we felt that the safest course of action would be to limit logins. However, we would like you to know that the restrictions are under constant surveillance. We are currently monitoring login numbers on all Worlds 24 hours a day, and actively removing/applying restrictions as soon as we detect even the smallest fluctuation in concurrent connection numbers.

Currently, peak login times for each region are occurring from approximately 9:00 p.m. to midnight. During this three-hour window, Worlds are more likely to have login restrictions implemented. These temporary restrictions are expected to continue until the time that we can execute the measures we have planned to alleviate the current situation. Those measures, including the addition of new World servers, are listed, in detail, below.

Character Creation Restrictions

As stated above, the maximum number of simultaneous connections each World server can handle is 5,000, while the number of characters which can be created on a World is several times that amount. This estimate of 5,000, however, is based on those characters being somewhat distributed over all the in-game areas (zones).

At the game’s start, however, while everyone is still at a low level, the majority of players are concentrated in the three city-states and surrounding areas. This can not only lead to a lack of enemies to slay (preventing quest progression), but also see area servers overloaded, and ultimately lead to crashes.

Fortunately, differences in total individual play time, login times, and character/class progression will eventually lead to players being more spread out within each World. Once this happens, there will be less need for both login and character creation restrictions.

As is the case with logins, our team is working around the clock, monitoring the current population of each area in each World, as well as the class level of each character, and adjusting new character creation restrictions based on their findings. Unlike login restrictions, we believe that character creation restrictions may take slightly longer to be removed, as there are still great discrepancies in the distribution of characters across Worlds, and we thank players for their patience and understanding in this issue.

Adding Worlds and Alleviating Server Load Issues

A server is essentially a high-spec PC, with each FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn World being made up of several of these machines. Creating a new World involves physically acquiring the servers, installing the necessary programs, and conducting internal functionality tests...all before opening the World to the public.

As the login data gathered from the Open Beta test (in which anyone, including those who had not purchased the game, could participate) was inconclusive, it was during the Early Access period that we had a clearer picture of the scope with which we would need to increase World capacity, and on the 25th of August began making preparations to do so significantly.

As of this post, the servers have been acquired, the essential programs installed, and we are currently in the process of conducting our internal tests. Once these tests have concluded and the Worlds go live, we believe we will be able to better accommodate a greater number of our players, making logging in less of a hassle.

In addition to increasing the number of Worlds, we are also optimizing the Duty Finder (party matching) management servers in an effort to reduce server load and ensure better stability when using this feature.

Currently, the Duty Finder servers split our data centers into two groups of 25 Worlds, and then do the party matching from players from within the same data center. We have determined that by adding new Worlds, the Duty Finder servers will not be able to process the additional data as long as there are only two pairings of groups to match from. Therefore, we have decided to create additional groups to alleviate this problem before it occurs, and by doing so, reduce the burden on the Duty Finder servers, and ultimately allow more players to access the feature.

The development and operations teams are currently concentrating 100% of their efforts into the aforementioned tasks and are on pace to have both completed by the beginning of next week and then released to the public once our final tests have concluded. Once a date and time for the implementation of the measures have been solidified, we will release another announcement on Lodestone outlining the details. We ask that you bear with us for just a few days longer while we make the final push.

Resolving AFK Character Issues

From several users on some of our more congested Worlds, we have received requests for a feature which automatically logs out characters who are AFK for an extended period of time. We are actively looking into the implementation of such a feature, but have decided to first concentrate our efforts on increasing the number of Worlds and optimizing the Duty Finder servers.

In Conclusion

The development and operations teams are working diligently to combat the login issues which many of our users are currently facing, and ask for your continued patience and understanding over the next several days as we move to solve these problems.

To thank all of you for bearing with us for so long, we will be looking into different ways to reward our loyal fans and customers, such as an extension of the free trial period. Details on the plans we have in the works will be announced shortly.

In conclusion, I would like to say that we have been overwhelmed with the positive response for A realm Reborn, which is why it doubly pains us to implement any sort of measure that may restrict people from joining us in Eorzea. We sincerely apologize for the unwanted stress these restrictions have caused, and thank you immensely for the understanding you have shown over the past week. The fixes are almost in place and we look forward to seeing all of you very, very soon.

Thank you.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    ^Well good, they're fixing it. Luckily though we're on a US server, which makes it very easy for me to log in during morning and day/afternoon. A lot harder during late night though, when people in US are coming home from work/study.

Veteran
    He said it himself, sorry is not going to fix anything and it doesn't mean anything to me. They might be increasing their servers but seems to me they still won't have enough to fit all people, and login/server cap issues will go on further.

Thread Information