Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Dedicated Member
    But will the game install, start and then automatically trigger the 20 gig day one patches!!!

PSN = prison_inmate

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    yeah... im pretty sure they said this at the February announcement of the PS4....

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a ****load of bubble gum"

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    yeah... im pretty sure they said this at the February announcement of the PS4....
    was this yeah in response to my q above? If so, great, it's really annoying to have to download patches after a lengthy game download. You need to be able to trigger the download and actually be able to play as soon as you get home, not get home, start the game and be presented with more patches etc, that would suck.
    Last edited by mudshark; 08-30-2013 at 08:01.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    was this yeah in response to my q above? If so, great, it's really annoying to have to download patches after a lengthy game download. You need to be able to trigger the download and actually be able to play as soon as you get home, not get home, start the game and be presented with more patches etc, that would suck.
    Maybe the time of big updates is finished. I actually don't remember hearing anything but maybe Sony has changed approach when it comes to updates.

The best would be to always download the updated version directly, with no game "installs", and small (360 style) future updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Veteran
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    It sounds like what he meant.

That said, I'm not certain it's 100% black and white. In theory the game devs if they make a fix for the DL's they should also create a new DL image for those who haven't started the DL already. That said, I'd not count on this for day one patchs.

I'm sure for Offline play that the patches don't need to be a priority and should be able to be DL'd in background during initial play (unless there's something that's really F'd up.) But for Online, it may not allow you to connect to servers unless you've got the latest SW. I think this is fair.

All this said, these patches should not get DL'd automatically and it's at most an install when next you launch the game. Instead of you launching the game and you get the dreaded - need to download patch 1.0x message.

All this said, if it's DL'd the latest game overnight and a patch is already available, I'd expect that patch to be DL'd as well, it's only when you do the DL and want to start playing before full DL has completed when this is really going to be annoying.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Would be great if you could mange your entire digital library on the apps as well and via the PSN website.
    e.g
    Log in to the app or website shows your game library and which are installed and then you can install ones you feel like playing when you get home.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-30-2013 at 17:07.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    damn dbl posts

Thread Information