Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    u cant loan the game to a friend u will need it in the ps4 even though its installed on the hard drive sony is not stupid

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    They might (don't think they will), how about ms not allowing people to swap the internal hdd?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    A pain for sure. Although not everyone can swap an internal, but I think even idiots can plug a USB external in.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    A pain for sure. Although not everyone can swap an internal, but I think even idiots can plug a USB external in.
    Not If you make the internal as accessible as it is now. But I agree with you, a plug and play usb hdd will be more ideal (size wise).

I don't know why Sony did not put a usb port on the back side of the ps4, would have made for a clean setup

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

[DEBUNKED-OP updated]You can't install a disk version onto HDD. Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

I don't know why Sony did not put a usb port on the back side of the ps4, would have made for a clean setup

Completely agree. You'd think they'd have learned from the PS3. Having the ps camera setup on my stand just looked a mess where as a USB port on the rear meant it probably would have gotten more use as I took it down after every use as it became annoying at the front USB and untidy. Same with external HDD's. I'd prefer to just leave 1 plugged in and hidden at the back.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    u cant loan the game to a friend u will need it in the ps4 even though its installed on the hard drive sony is not stupid

Superior Member
    Items User name style
    After 7 years, I still don't know what my ps3 bluray drive sounds like. Why? Because its whisper quiet. Perhaps the old tech DVD drives spinning at 26x speed in the 360 make it sound like a jet engine taking off. I don't that's only one of the possibilities for why the xb360 was so noisy.

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    podcast...doesnt even look like it'll be supported on launch? so whose to say sony cant do the same if need be

Originally Posted by Major NelsonThe Xbox One will ship with a 500GB hard drive, all of them have that. The future plan is definitely to support external storage, much like we do on the Xbox 360.

My understanding is that feature won't be there at launch because the team's working on other things. It's definitely on the list, but I don't know when it'll come in though.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Shuhei confirmed you can't install to external HDD
    and with that we see
    MS not supporting external HDD as well

Both will probably add it down the line
    Last edited by Itachi; 09-02-2013 at 18:34.

PSN ID
    MichSpartan222
    But won't the PS4 preserve the ability to swap out hard drives like the PS3 and 360 do?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonLover View Post
    But won't the PS4 preserve the ability to swap out hard drives like the PS3 and 360 do?
    Yes you can swap ps4 drives unlike X1

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Then what's the problem?

Xbox One can't even play videos/music from the external hard drive.

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Shuhei confirmed you can't install to external HDD
    and with that we see
    MS not supporting external HDD as well

Both will probably add it down the line
    Well that's a bummer. XB1 impressed me when they said external storage could be used as internal storage, to install games and such. It beat the need to swap internal HDDs. Why go to the trouble to instal a HDD when you can just plug any USB drive lying around. Oh well. Puff. Gone.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Well, regarding the updated info, I'm rather happy. Hopefully there aren't any mandatory installs though.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Well, regarding the updated info, I'm rather happy. Hopefully there aren't any mandatory installs though.
    It will be like it is now, mandatory installs for part of the game, you'll need anywhere from 4 to 20gb depending on the game, but it being next gen games will be a lot bigger than current gen so I'm guessing you will be glad you can switch to a 1tb drive on PS4. I don't know what Xbox fans are going to do with only 500gb forever without any way to expand when it gets full, which it will definitely get eventually.
    I'm thinking MS will announce another change saying that you can use external USB drives to install games, but isn't it easier for hackers to access game files when there on a USB drive? If so then you probably won't see it happen. All my opinion, do not take anything I say as fact.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    I don't know what Xbox fans are going to do with only 500gb forever without any way to expand when it gets full, which it will definitely get eventually.
    I'm thinking MS will announce another change saying that you can use external USB drives to install games, but isn't it easier for hackers to access game files when there on a USB drive? If so then you probably won't see it happen. All my opinion, do not take anything I say as fact.
    This is what I have been trying to figure out since the rumor late last year. We knew MS was going to pull something like this. My worry is what happens after it gets full grant it they will say you have a cloud backup but what if your one that likes to keep every game saved. I would hate to have to delete and install just to play games.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    This is what I have been trying to figure out since the rumor late last year. We knew MS was going to pull something like this. My worry is what happens after it gets full grant it they will say you have a cloud backup but what if your one that likes to keep every game saved. I would hate to have to delete and install just to play games.
    Well, if enough people complain about it than we know what will happen.
    They've reversed every single thing that made them different from the PS4 so why should they stop now?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    It will be like it is now, mandatory installs for part of the game, you'll need anywhere from 4 to 20gb depending on the game, but it being next gen games will be a lot bigger than current gen so I'm guessing you will be glad you can switch to a 1tb drive on PS4. I don't know what Xbox fans are going to do with only 500gb forever without any way to expand when it gets full, which it will definitely get eventually.
    Um the xbJuan WILL allow game installs on external hdd...it just will not be there at launch. The drm reversal is most likely to be blamed (no way to authenticate what's on the hdd since 24hr check is no more required)

Thread Information