Veteran

Battlefield 4 Official Thread

Battlefield 4 Official Discussion thread

I decided to create the official Battlefield 4 thread for us to use when the game is out and to post any BF4 related news. I have compiled some of the features about Battlefield 4 and present them in a Q&A form so that people may have an easier time when reading it, so feel free to add any questions and I’ll add them to the OP if they have an official answer already.

BF4 Q&A

When will BF4 be released?
    October 29th on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. November 15th on PS4.

Can I buy BF4 digitally?
    Yes, you may purchase a digital copy of BF4 through the PSN Store for PS3/PS4 or Origin Store for PC.
    BF4 digital version is already available to preorder through the PSN Store (only for PS3 at the moment though).
    Digital version keeps the same prices as the physical copy which is $59.99.

What is the maximum player level cap on BF4?
    64 players plus 2 commanders on PS3, Xbox One and PC. 24 players plus 2 commanders on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Will there be a Premium service such as in BF3?
    Yes, there will be a separate Premium service for BF4 which will be available at launch for $49.99. There’s still no confirmation about a BF4 Premium edition game, but it’s likely to be available sometime 2014.

Will BF4 feature Spectator mode?
    Yes, spectator mode will now be available through the game itself on BF4.

What is Commander mode?
    With new to BF Commander mode you can get a strategic overview of the combat area and monitor the battle through the eyes of your squad leaders on the ground. Call in powerful gunships to circle strategic locations and help repel enemy forces. Deliver devastating cruise missile attacks to high value targets to turn the tide of battle. All of this will be made possible by a companion accessory which would be an Android/iOS powered tablet and PC, so you will be required to download a free app in order to make use of Commander mode, there’s currently no support for a Windows app but there might be in the future. There will only be 1 commander per team and will not be available on every gameplay mode.

Will Campaign mode (single player) come back to BF4?
    Yes, there will be a Campaign mode.
    More details about the Campaing

Will battlelog be available for BF4?
    Yes, a revamped 2.0 version with better features will be available.
    More details about Battlelog here

Will stats carry over from PS3/Xbox 360 to PS4/Xbox One?
    Yes, but unfortunately you need to purchase a Premium membership for it.

Is it true you can counter BF4 knife stab kills?
    Yes, you can try and counter knife stab kills now by pushing a button.

Will road, sea and air vehicles be available on BF4?
    Yes, from Humvees to Boats and Jets.

Which factions can we choose on BF4?
    U.S, Russia and China, and they’re not locked so you can mix up the factions on every match (dynamic factions).

Which kits can we choose on BF4?
    Support, Engineer, Recon and Assault. However there’s more customization available now and you can mix it up by having an Assault kit with say a sniper rifle.
    More here

What are field upgrades?
    BF4 will feature new field upgrades which you will gain during the match, such as AMMO, SPRINT, etc. Field upgrades are replacing Class specialization from BF3.
    More about it here and here

Will there be a BF4 Beta?
    Yes and it will kick off Early October. Available for all gamers on PC, X360, and PS3, the beta will feature the Siege of Shanghai map in the classic Battlefield Conquest mode. Battlefield 3 Premium members, those who pre-order Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition and owners of Medal of Honor: Warfighter (Limited or Digital Deluxe Edition) will have access to the exclusive beta early October for three days. Following that, the open beta will kick off.

What is Levolution?
    It’s a new insider term at DICE for a feature available in the multiplayer game where you can change the whole match; most known example is taking down the huge Skyscraper building in the map Siege of Shangai which is triggered by players and not by the map itself. This of course will also be available on other maps like Paracel Storm where you can make a huge ship come crash into the island. There’s also an urban map which can be flooded and turned into boat warfare. However, Levolution isn’t just about bringing down towering skyscrapers, flooding the streets, or crashing a ship into an island.
    For example, on the small side of the Levolution scale bollards can be used to deny vehicles entry into an area. Players can act as gate keepers to let their own vehicles through but hindering enemy progress by raising the bollards again when opponent vehicles approach.
    BF 4 also features little moments like metal detectors going off when a player passes through them, giving the opposing team a heads-up that danger is coming their way. Or moments like turning off the power for a building, plunging it into darkness. With skillful communication, a prepared player can use the darkness to their advantage, flipping on night vision goggles and taking out an unprepared opponent.
    Learn more here

Will the old game modes be back on BF4?
    Some of the confirmed game modes are Conquest, TDM, SQDM, Domination and Rush.

Will there be new game modes on BF4?
    Yes, but only a few have been made available to the public which are Obliteration, Defuse and Elimination.
    Learn more about Obliteration here

What are some of the new known maps on BF4?
    Siege of Shangai and Paracel Storm, both will be available from Day One.

Any improvements to Suppression on BF4?
    Suppression has been revamped in Battlefield 4. Suppression has been toned down on all weapons except the sniper rifles and light machine guns. There is no longer an accuracy penalty when under suppression, instead, players will experience a scope sway.

What about squads?
    Squads are no longer formed by 4 players but 5.

[/b]What is this Battlescreen?[/b]
    Players will be able to use tablets and smartphones as second screens in the game, which can serve as the minimap or a loadout screen.

Will there be a secondary screen support on BF4?
    PC players will be able to use their secondary monitors (or even a laptop) as a secondary screen, where they can view the minimap, and more.

Will there be DLC support for BF4?
    Yes, there will be and can also be accessed by purchasing a BF4 Premium subscription so that you don’t have to pay more for each DLC individually.
    DLC for BF4 will be the following:
    China Rising (free with the preorder of BF4)
    Second Assault (BF3 classics such as Operation Metro, Gulf of Oman, Operation Firestorm, Caspian Border)
    Dragon’s Teeth (urban combat in war-torn cities)
    Naval Strike (focus on naval based combat)
    Final Stand (the final DLC for the game)

Will there be a Test Range mode on BF4?
    Yes! No more newbie’s crashing helicopters lol. When in test range mode you will be able to try out weapons and vehicles.

Is it true there will be more than 1 grenade?
    Yes, BF4 will feature 7 types of grenades.

How many game modes and maps will BF4 launch with?
    10 multiplayer maps and 7 games modes.

What about camos?
    BF4 will have much more customization than BF3 did, offering over a 130 camos for both weapons and vehicles. Camos are sorted this way: Misc, Adaptive, Autumn, Desert, Naval, Snow, Urban, Woodland.

Is it true BF4 will now offer customizable emblems?
    Yes, players can now make their own custom emblems individually and put them on their players and vehicles.

Will BF4 offer new weapons and vehicles?
    Yes, BF4 will have lots of new weapons and new vehicle models also.

Will BF4 run at 60 FPS?
    Yes, it will.

VIDEOS
    Battlefield 4: Official 17 Minutes "Fishing in Baku" Gameplay Reveal

Battlefield 4: Official "Siege of Shanghai" Multiplayer Trailer

Battlefield 4: Official "Paracel Storm" Multiplayer Trailer

Battlefield 4: Official Premium Video

Battlefield 4: Official Levolution Features Video
    Last edited by daLa; 08-29-2013 at 17:42.

Forum Sage
    Shouldn't this be in the multiplat section?

Master Guru
    The thread needs more pics and videos. Then it will be the official Battlefield 4 thread.

4. Likes daLa likes this post
    Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    Please add those questions/answers to the FAQ (or just questions so others would know that no answers are available and would provide them):

1. Will PS4 digital download be available on Day 1?
    2. What will be the price of digital download? More expensive or not?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the multiplat section?
    Not really, we had a BF3 one on the PS3 games subforum, besides remember this is mostly a PS forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    The thread needs more pics and videos. Then it will be the official Battlefield 4 thread.
    Thanks, I will add some tomorrow. I was going to do that from the beginning but I've noticed there's plenty of users with data caps so I wouldn't want to go killing of their bandwidth lol, but I guess a few won't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by bat0nas View Post
    Please add those questions/answers to the FAQ (or just questions so others would know that no answers are available and would provide them):

1. Will PS4 digital download be available on Day 1?
    2. What will be the price of digital download? More expensive or not?
    I will add them, and to answer your questions.
    Yes it will be and it will be the same price.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Not really, we had a BF3 one on the PS3 games subforum, besides remember this is mostly a PS forum.

Thanks, I will add some tomorrow. I was going to do that from the beginning but I've noticed there's plenty of users with data caps so I wouldn't want to go killing of their bandwidth lol, but I guess a few won't hurt.

I will add them, and to answer your questions.
    Then explain to me the point of the other console section? Is it not for multiplat games? If we aren't going to use it, why does it exist?

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Same price? Is there a source on the Internet to prove that?
    I thought digitals will have at least price advantage comparing to retail copies.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    I thought digitals will have at least price advantage comparing to retail copies.
    It never had a price advantage. Maybe later with PS Plus.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Nice with an official BF4 thread. Is Premium really only going to be available separately? I was hoping for a possibility to preorder some kind of Premium pack that doesn't cost almost as much as two games. One of my friends preordered the BF3 Premium pack when that one was to be released and I think he got it cheaper than the price of (almost) two games. Anyhow, I really hope we'll see some kind of Premium pack available for preorder.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Then explain to me the point of the other console section? Is it not for multiplat games? If we aren't going to use it, why does it exist?
    It's not up to me, that's like asking why is there a COD and FF 14 subforum under the PS3 games, if they're both multiplatform. My guess it's since it's a PS forum there's no problem posting them in there because that's the place they get more interaction.

PS digital downloads never get a price advantage, only PC's do and I don't know why to be honest.
    I was going to link you to the PS Store through here but the site is down for maintenance so you can confirm this by going to the PS Store on your PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Libra-75 View Post
    Nice with an official BF4 thread. Is Premium really only going to be available separately? I was hoping for a possibility to preorder some kind of Premium pack that doesn't cost almost as much as two games. One of my friends preordered the BF3 Premium pack when that one was to be released and I think he got it cheaper than the price of (almost) two games. Anyhow, I really hope we'll see some kind of Premium pack available for preorder.
    Thanks. You might be able to preorder such edition if it ever gets announced for launch date but it's not too likely to happen until next year, BF3 Premium Edition was released like a year after the original release and yes you would basically save $50 because the price for the BF3 Premium Edition was $59.99 but that was the con about it that you had to wait over a year for that come out, so yeah I'm sure it will come but definitely not this year so as long as you don't mind waiting.

Thread Information