Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Same posts, one after another, somedudes over me are really funny! Nailed? nailed what? lol with an empty comment of a classic xbox fanboy I see here everywhere? lol, dude grown up or stay with your console of choice, glad not gonna meet likes of you on psn.

And talking about console wars is childish? If you think like that, don't log in to any forums, don't read any comments on the internet. Not just gaming, news websites, sports websites, any kind. Came here only because it is ps centered.Yes, I love PS and I hate xbox, deal with it.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I agree it is childish. But you will have an extremely tough time finding anywhere that isn't like it is here. I also don't expect many other forums to talk up another. Not really in people's nature to praise competition. The internet is full of the rabid fanboys. The internet feeds off negativity. Honestly though I know many come here for multi console discussion but with a site named PlayStation Universe you have to expect some heavy biased right from the start.
    Very true. I've been to all kinds of forums and they all have fanboys from both sides. But also like you said coming to a Playstation centric site and complaining about Playstation bias is kind of ridiculous. Thats like going to a site for Chevy truck fans and complaining that its too biased towards Chevy trucks and arguing that Ford is better or that the posters there are bashing Ford trucks. OMG makes a point and yes, it should be like he says in a perfect world but in a place called Playstation Universe its a given that theres going to be alot of Playstation bias. I had to learn that the hard way when I was more of an Xbox fan here. If thats an issue that really bothers somebody then maybe they should post at TXB where the atmosphere will be more pro Xbox and therefore less offensive for them and more to their liking. Not trying to be a $#@! about it but it makes more sense than being Xbox biased and joining a Playstation site and complaining about Playstation bias. Just my opinion on it.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-30-2013 at 21:15.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    What amazes me is that there are XBONE people on here, this is PSU.

Go get lubed up with XBONERs on your sites, it's like a sign of mental illness i think.
    What about us Xbox and PS fans that enjoy both? Is there room for us?

4. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Same posts, one after another, somedudes over me are really funny! Nailed? nailed what? lol with an empty comment of a classic xbox fanboy I see here everywhere? lol, dude grown up or stay with your console of choice, glad not gonna meet likes of you on psn.

And talking about console wars is childish? If you think like that, don't log in to any forums, don't read any comments on the internet. Not just gaming, news websites, sports websites, any kind. Came here only because it is ps centered.Yes, I love PS and I hate xbox, deal with it.
    It's your choice. There is certainly nothing wrong with loving your console, but does it mean you have to hate the other one? Is it because people like xbox so you think they hate PS?

6. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    What amazes me is that there are XBONE people on here, this is PSU.

Go get lubed up with XBONERs on your sites, it's like a sign of mental illness i think.
    I am glad there are all sorts of gamers on here, I love Playstation but I have no interest in hanging out on a forum that is a PS fap-party! It is also good to get other gamers views and opinions, I might not agree with them all, but it makes for good forum chat!
    Last edited by MonkeyClaw; 08-30-2013 at 22:07.

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

8. Likes JVH, Cuguy likes this post
    CaptainZ
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    I disagree. One side had 2 console generations of market dominance feeding their mindset. Remember how we were told that once the PS3 was released, it was game over for the 360? I sure do.
    Yes. You must apply w/e that person said to entire group of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    no it doesn't. Where is all this crap coming from. I mean, for the love of god all of a sudden out of nowhere there is a second GPU. Same thing happened on the IGN forums where some guy started saying that the Bandwidth for the Xbone is at 300+ GB/s which is pure bull$#@! at best. no where in the original OP article did I see anything about a second gpu.

If it is a 2nd GPU, it certainly won't be able to crossfire with the APU's GPU, speaking in PC terms of course but still. My goodness it's like all of a sudden roomers fly everywhere when it doesn't need to. LOL
    Some people will be blinded. Nothing is "Proven" here.

We had that case with X1 this upcoming generation. There were many "proven" theories or commonly referred to as wizards $#@! theory.

None of those came true so far because it was pretty much nonsense.

No point in arguing about it. Just book mark it and wait 2 more months.
    Last edited by CaptainZ; 08-30-2013 at 22:38.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's your choice. There is certainly nothing wrong with loving your console, but does it mean you have to hate the other one? Is it because people like xbox so you think they hate PS?
    I think it's uber good to have a choice

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    nope it does not mean I hate the other, I like nintendo indeed and their approach. and No I don't think xbox guys hate ps. I just wanted to state, me ( or anyone else) not liking xbox brand why suprise ( irritate ) someone so much on a PS Forum? Dudes wait for a ps fan to accept someones lame trolling about PS brand on a PS forum, yet same dude expect me to act wisely and not childish. This is not even funny...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    I see the professor is back at it again with psu history (should I say psforums)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

13. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    jeez... a little defensive? touchy maybe?
    defensive? no way jose.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    You know. A simi compelling possibility came up and all that came out of it (here anyways) is everyone getting there pannies in an atomic bunched quadruple wedgie, bleh........

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post

LOL. I have no problem with you and your brethren loving the PS and hating the Xbox. What I find disturbing is the fact that trashing the opposition make some people feel better and that your self worth depends on having the better console.

I guess someone of my age just doesn't get it. I'm proud of a lot of things in life, proud of a lot of accomplishments, but I'm not proud that my Ford or Chevy, Samsung or Panasonic or Xbox or PS is, in my mind or in actuality, better than the other brand.

I fully expect people at a PS centric site to favor the PS, that's a given. I just never imagined that people obsess over choosing the "better" console and go to any length to try to prove it.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    LOL. I have no problem with you and your brethren loving the PS and hating the Xbox. What I find disturbing is the fact that trashing the opposition make some people feel better and that your self worth depends on having the better console.

I guess someone of my age just doesn't get it. I'm proud of a lot of things in life, proud of a lot of accomplishments, but I'm not proud that my Ford or Chevy, Samsung or Panasonic or Xbox or PS is, in my mind or in actuality, better than the other brand.

I fully expect people at a PS centric site to favor the PS, that's a given. I just never imagined that people obsess over choosing the "better" console and go to any length to try to prove it.
    Do you support any team ? You have a NHL avatar on your account. I am sure you do favor some sports team. Or do you support all the teams on NHL, or you just go with the best , each season a new pick ,change it year by year?
    I am a die hard Galatasaray fan. I ONLY watch their matches, not interested the others. I enjoy their gameplay, even they are not the best. I am happy as they score. Even the opposing team scores a cool goal , I am not happy at all. I definitely like football, but I like football with Galatasaray.

It same goes with my gaming choice. I love gaming but I love to game with PS brand. I am not a common gamer. I game alot. Even small details are important for me. And I grown up with PS brand. Gaming is important part of my life. Yet you expect me to act , gaming is a simple matter. Well it is not. Sorry.

Oh btw, I am not entirely against xbox brand blindly, but yet again they failed hard, this is what I see from my point of view. What scared me most, they have most evil plans for next gen gaming, what we saw at E3 is just the tip of it. This is what I am sure of. But on the other hand, they definitely force sony to act better hence came out a better console. This is the only good thing MS did on this pre-nextgen time.

I am not a obsessed dude to prove anything. Some xbox die-hard fans here are. If you come to a PS Forum and post a "absolutely" wrong article about xbox being best or PS is bad, I will be there, hitting below the belt. Because, like someone stated, here being a die-hard xbox fan is just weird. not talking about the ones like you. Just wanted to state that.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    i'd just like to take the time to point out i wont be participating in this thread.
    +1
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Elite Guru

There is a slight chance a very very slight chance that there is a APU+dGPU setup in the x1.

There is alot of important info MS left out on purpose. They didnt give away everything, but we probably want see the full picture until September 29th when the NDA lift from what insiders are saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    And it's childish. So-called adults whose self-worth is based on console A being better than console B. We're all supposed to be gamers and enjoy whatever console(s) we choose. Instead several members here try to gloat when one console has better graphics or better this or that.
    It's part of the console war culture. It's always been there. Not sure why you are so surprised by it.

I come here to try to get real news and views and I try to sort out the rubbish but it gets difficult. When I was looking for a place to come for Xbox and Playstation news I was told to stay away from this site but a lot of different people at other forums. It's becoming clear why that it.
    If real news and views is all you were interested in you wouldn't be bothered by some negativity towards your console of choice. It's not hard to look over non-sense.

Perhaps the site manager should become aware of the reputation that this site has elsewhere. I'm sure it's effecting revenue and viewership.
    I would respond to this but you're probably serious.

21. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

Next gen wars is quite entertaining. All you have to do is sit back and watch. It's amazing how people expose themselves without even knowing it.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

23. Likes EHY893, mynd , PS4freak likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

Next gen wars is quite entertaining. All you have to do is sit back and watch. It's amazing how people expose themselves without even knowing it.
    Lol! That GIF is hilarious!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

Fark me, that's funny.

Edit: $#@! I just participated in this thread!
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

26. Likes MonkeyClaw, Lefein, EHY893, Sajuuk Khar likes this post
    Elite Guru

"We sort of talked a little bit about some of the... we talked about parallelism at an operating system level,

but even to get all of the processing out of the box in the first place, we had to really think about how efficient we are in all of the parts within the silicon.

So, Xbox 360, love it, In-order CPU though, not that efficient. You look at the GPU. It's a vector processor which, you know, is great, but it's a little bit brute force. It doesn't use all of the hardware every single possible cycle. So we went through, we analysed that.

We have the latest out-of-order CPU Technology. Each CPU core is capable of doing 6 operations per cycle so across the 8 cores, that's 48 operations.""
    But I was laughed at and was told I was talking out my ass. :/
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    But I was laughed at and was told I was talking out my ass. :/
    You mean this?

"No one picked up on the 48 thread CPU, the only thing folks picked up on from that architecture panel was 768 ops for the gpu.

The CPU is crazy and worth talking about all on its own. 8 cores 6 threads per core, wow!!"

operations do not equal threads.....

29. Likes on the rocks likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    You mean this?

"No one picked up on the 48 thread CPU, the only thing folks picked up on from that architecture panel was 768 ops for the gpu.

The CPU is crazy and worth talking about all on its own. 8 cores 6 threads per core, wow!!"

operations do not equal threads.....
    he has been told over and over again. Maybe it will sink in eventually.

Ultimate Veteran
    So.. What did I miss?

Is this popcorn butter-saucey or is it salty?
    Last edited by Itachi; 09-04-2013 at 20:34.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    So.. What did I miss?

Is this popcorn butter-saucey or is it salty?
    Not much Georgie Boy, just some weak sauce conversation.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Thread Information