Latest PSU headlines:

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Kinect is a much more integral part of the platform says MS

http://pixelenemy.com/xbox-one-kinec...ays-microsoft/ So no Kinectless sku for $399 in the future then? EDIT - According to Phil Harrison the answer is no I guess. http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/28/micros...inect-3939852/
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-29-2013 at 00:40.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    http://pixelenemy.com/xbox-one-kinec...ays-microsoft/ So no Kinectless sku for $399 in the future then? EDIT - According to Phil Harrison the answer is no I guess. http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/28/micros...inect-3939852/
    Isn't this something that we already knew? You can disable it if you want but MS wants it they're for devs so that they can make Kinect a standard part of their games.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ANDYENG
    Until Microsoft removes the kinect I'll sticking with a PS4.

4. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    I am glad MS is sticking to their guns with Kinect, so there is better support for it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Now i am sick of this Kinect crap... Why can we just have the console without this freaking stupid add-on
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I won't use Kinect 2.0 or at least I don't plan to. I would much rather the system be sold cheaper without it but that doesn't look like it is going to happen. You never know I might end up finding a use for Kinect 2.0.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Isn't this something that we already knew? You can disable it if you want but MS wants it they're for devs so that they can make Kinect a standard part of their games. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    Not really. I've heard alot of people saying they will wait for a Kinectless sku before buying an X1 and this kind of addresses that.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    But why not have it has a stand a lone option and you can buy it if you want, instead off forcing it down are throats
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    But why not have it has a stand a lone option and you can buy it if you want, instead off forcing it down are throats
    I agree. Why force people to pay $100 extra for a peripheral that theyre not interested in? People can spin it any way they want but I'll never agree with that policy.

Soldier 95B
    Because its the direction they want. They want core and casual. They haven't forced anything. Don't like their console, don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. You have a choice.

Superior Member
    The answer is pretty simple. They want devs to take advantage of it. Devs are reluctant this gen because not everyone had it.

Now more devs will implement it and every console will have one.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    The answer is pretty simple. They want devs to take advantage of it. Devs are reluctant this gen because not everyone had it.

Now more devs will implement it and every console will have one.

I wonder if MS is mandating some Kinect functionality in ever game. Be it menu control through audio or hand gestures or something else. Maybe they will have mandatory keywords for their games as metadata for Kinect. So if someone says "Xbox play Forza 5", the game has to support that data for Kinect to start up.

Super Elite
    People that don't want Kinect included can vote with their wallet.
    It's part of the Microsoft vision, part of the console.
    It's an interesting device, and it will get plenty of support now that it's standard.

Superior Member
    Now i am sick of this Kinect crap... Why can we just have the console without this freaking stupid add-on
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I agree. Why force people to pay $100 extra for a peripheral that theyre not interested in? People can spin it any way they want but I'll never agree with that policy.
    Curious. Why do you guy act like you don't know the answer to this $#@!? It been discussed a vast amount of times with you guys partaking in those discussions. Even if you don't agree with it the reasons are in the realm of common sense.

So again with the dance we go.

They do it because they want developers to know that every console has a kinect so they are more likely to use the kinect in some capacity.

Then your retort that we've had the pleasure of reading a thousand times:

'But that doesn't guarantee that developers will use kinect.'

When will this infinite loop end? <--- Rhetorical, I know when, when they take kincet out of the box. Until then I wish you all would shut up about it. Or at least be original and come at a different angle. Why must we go through the motions of your memory disappearing in every kinect related thread.

Never was a fan of the twilight zone.

or I could of just typed in reply to you:

shocked, shocked i tell you.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    Curious. Why do you guy act like you don't know the answer to this $#@!? It been discussed a vast amount of times with you guys partaking in those discussions. Even if you don't agree with it the reasons are in the realm of common sense.

So again with the dance we go.

They do it because they want developers to know that every console has a kinect so they are more likely to use the kinect in some capacity.

Then your retort that we've had the pleasure of reading a thousand times:

'But that doesn't guarantee that developers will use kinect.'

When will this infinite loop end? <--- Rhetorical, I know when, when they take kincet out of the box. Until then I wish you all would shut up about it. Or at least be original and come at a different angle. Why must we go through the motions of your memory disappearing in every kinect related thread.

Never was a fan of the twilight zone.

or I could of just typed in reply to you:

shocked, shocked i tell you.
    Nice post!

It's been beat to death but every time something comes up with Kinect we go through this.

I don't like it. I don't want to use it and I don't like having to pay an extra $100 for it. That being said, this is what MS chose to do. People can vote with their wallet if they want.

It won't stop me if I decide to go Xbox over PS next gen. It is what it is and I'll deal with it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Get this: xbox fans were touting voice command as a game changer (for the interface, game features etc.), but now it won't be ready for most markets?

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    lol. I don't believe it's an integral part and I see the kinect nothing more as a gimmick. Just like the WiiU, just like the PS Move, and kinect falls right in there with those two gimmicks. People can toute about the kinect all they want but you know what? After the kinect on the 360 was sold, you didn't here a damn thing about it after people bought it. That is because no one really cares about it and people are hyping it up because it's a new system. meh

Soldier 95B
    Oddly enough, I haven't seen a single person on this forum tout Kinect.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    People that don't want Kinect included can vote with their wallet.
    It's part of the Microsoft vision, part of the console.
    It's an interesting device, and it will get plenty of support now that it's standard.
    That's the only solution I see for right now. If you don't want it then go buy PS4 or wait until they offer it without kinect. I understand people don't want something they aren't gonna use, but it's really nice to have that option and the tech isn't some piece of crap. Just put it to the side and enjoy the gaming without it.

I can understand if the extra $100 is hurting your pocket, but if it's not, i wouldn't let the addition stop me from enjoying the console's games. It's like finding the perfect car, but you find out it comes with a cigarette lighter, so you pass because you're a non smoker. In the end it's all about choices, i guess.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I want the Xbox One more than I don't want Kinect. That makes it nearly impossible to vote with my wallet over the Kinect bundle, aka launch sku.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Oddly enough, I haven't seen a single person on this forum tout Kinect.
    Now, why doesn't that surprise me?

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I want the Xbox One more than I don't want Kinect. That makes it nearly impossible to vote with my wallet over the Kinect bundle, aka launch sku.
    Thats because youre part of the SUPER hardcore demographic remember? lol

Thread Information