Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 133
  1. #1
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Battlefield 4 on PS4 comparable to medium settings on PC


  2. #2
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,650
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    283,388 (888 Banked)
    just so people know, Jackfrags runs an overclocked i7 3770k with a GTX 680 i believe. don't get butt hurt over the article.

    being compared to half that is still a decent benchmark, though naturally, i'd imagine the final code will look and perform better the what was on show.

    also, Jackfrags plays on low settings (on his beastly rig) so he really doesn't care about the GFX much
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  3. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  4. #3
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    26,595 (0 Banked)
    I hate when people compare a console to pc without providing the specs of the pc they are comparing it to. You can't take a closed ecosystem that has a static pricing of $400 and compare it to an open ecosystem that has interchangeable components with pricing that can range into the thousands. Comparing electronics priced in the hundreds to ones priced in the thousands is apples to oranges.


    edit:
    seems Fiji beat me to the post
    Ok so I priced out those 2 components on my local pc shop. Thats nearly $1k for just those alone.
    Last edited by shepard; 08-29-2013 at 04:01.

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  5. #4
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

  6. #5
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,896
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    39,244 (0 Banked)
    So the PS4 is a medium level PC with games that are more fun to play. That's good enough for me. Count me in.


  7. Likes EHY893, 33x likes this post
  8. #6
    Superior Member
    SkarEffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Age
    30
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    3,939 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I hate when people compare a console to pc without providing the specs of the pc they are comparing it to. You can't take a closed ecosystem that has a static pricing of $400 and compare it to an open ecosystem that has interchangeable components with pricing that can range into the thousands. Comparing electronics priced in the hundreds to ones priced in the thousands is apples to oranges.


    edit:
    seems Fiji beat me to the post
    Ok so I priced out those 2 components on my local pc shop. Thats nearly $1k for just those alone.
    I do too, we get it already, console games will never have better graphics than PC gaming. Sheesh. Hardcore PC gamers are annoying lol.

  9. #7
    Superior Member
    TEST SUBJECT 83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    4,876 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    I do too, we get it already, console games will never have better graphics than PC gaming. Sheesh. Hardcore PC gamers are annoying lol.
    Lol!

  10. #8
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,029
    Rep Power
    137
    Points
    86,270 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Keep in mind this is also a split-gen title that's also designed for multiplatform hardware. Exclusives will be capable of squeezing more from the system, and things will generally improve as the console ages and developers optimize their work further. Bouncing off of what Fiji said, I imagine it'll be closer to a mix of med-high settings comparably once finished. But I have to wonder what that really looks like; something like the PC version of BF3 at ultra?

  11. Likes Omar likes this post
  12. #9
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,734
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    60,150 (0 Banked)
    Isn't this based on what was already posted about Jackfrags debunked tweets?


  13. #10
    Elite Guru
    Jabjabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,403
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    5,306 (0 Banked)
    For multiplatform games this is about what I expected we would get. Entirely true or not in the case is debatable but it's not an outlandish claim.

  14. Likes Omar likes this post
  15. #11
    Dedicated Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,182
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,192 (0 Banked)
    I don't play consoles for multi-platform games though. I play them for exclusives. Always have.

    I have my i7 3770k and gtx 670 for multi-platform :D

    Btw, some ppl are speculating that he's refering to the PS3 version, and not the PS4 version.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 08-29-2013 at 11:18.

  16. Likes Omar likes this post
  17. #12
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,379
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    7,116 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    We know that very good. EA or any other developers will never advantage from the console and always will look for short cut.


    CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

  18. #13
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,029
    Rep Power
    137
    Points
    86,270 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Btw, some ppl are speculating that he's refering to the PS3 version, and not the PS4 version.
    Considering the console version of BF3 looks like the PC version on low-medium, I very much doubt that. With how good BF4 looks there's no way he's referring to the PS3 version.

  19. Likes Omar likes this post
  20. #14
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,390
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    15,803 (0 Banked)
    I love it. You constantly see consoles compared "to PC" as though PC is a closed platform that can be compared to consoles. What they really mean is that they're comparing consoles to .00000000000001% of PC's that have super high specs and cost a lot of money. In 7 years from now when PS4 is still putting out games that look great but not as good as PC and PC owners have gone through 3 GPU's and purchased a whole new "rig" then you can tell me how console compares "to PC".

    I can see articles like this actually convincing the more casual gamer that when they go to buy a shooter that they should buy it for PC because OBVIOUSLY their PC from 2007 running Vista with 1GB of memory is going to outclass the PS4. I agree with those here saying, provide the specs of the PC. In fact I'll take it further, provide the specs or don't write the article in the first place.

  21. Likes Omar likes this post
  22. #15
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,274
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    It's going to look better than medium settings lol, that's a very uneducated guess right there. Because if true then only 1% of the PC community will be playing at over medium settings, even on single player. I wonder how likely that is....... Nope

    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    also, Jackfrags plays on low settings (on his beastly rig) so he really doesn't care about the GFX much
    Exactly. All these youtubers at least play on low settings with no v-sync and the game looks like arse. But nobody ever mentions that

  23. #16
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,029
    Rep Power
    137
    Points
    86,270 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    What they really mean is that they're comparing consoles to .00000000000001% of PC's that have super high specs and cost a lot of money. In 7 years from now when PS4 is still putting out games that look great but not as good as PC and PC owners have gone through 3 GPU's and purchased a whole new "rig" then you can tell me how console compares "to PC".
    I've spent less money gaming on the PC than I have the consoles. I built my current computer over two years ago, and it'll still be competing with the next-generation consoles, if not outright outperforming them at times. I'm not even a PC enthusiast. You're describing a few small sect of gamers, ones who demand the absolute best of their PC and have plenty of spare income. The guys who buy the latest badass GPU so they can run Crysis 3 on a triple-monitor setup at a stable 60fps.

    And post the specs? What specs? They're comparing the visuals to the PC version only. This isn't a benchmark comparison.

  24. #17
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,198
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    66,528 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    I love it. You constantly see consoles compared "to PC" as though PC is a closed platform that can be compared to consoles. What they really mean is that they're comparing consoles to .00000000000001% of PC's that have super high specs and cost a lot of money. In 7 years from now when PS4 is still putting out games that look great but not as good as PC and PC owners have gone through 3 GPU's and purchased a whole new "rig" then you can tell me how console compares "to PC".

    I can see articles like this actually convincing the more casual gamer that when they go to buy a shooter that they should buy it for PC because OBVIOUSLY their PC from 2007 running Vista with 1GB of memory is going to outclass the PS4. I agree with those here saying, provide the specs of the PC. In fact I'll take it further, provide the specs or don't write the article in the first place.
    Specs do not matter. It will look the same on the medium/high setting regardless of how powerful the GPU and CPU are the difference is frame rates.

  25. #18
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,522
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    53,287 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I've spent less money gaming on the PC than I have the consoles. I built my current computer over two years ago, and it'll still be competing with the next-generation consoles, if not outright outperforming them at times. I'm not even a PC enthusiast. You're describing a few small sect of gamers, ones who demand the absolute best of their PC and have plenty of spare income. The guys who buy the latest badass GPU so they can run Crysis 3 on a triple-monitor setup at a stable 60fps.

    And post the specs? What specs? They're comparing the visuals to the PC version only. This isn't a benchmark comparison.

    Don't let them reel you in. Everyone knows PC gamers buy 3 GPU's each year. Cause as everyone knows as soon as a new GPU is released the older model magically turns to $#@!. Look at the piece of crap GTX680. Barely useful for a paperweight now.

    So what if the game is only on medium settings. It's the gameplay that matters. At least you console only gamers can now finally experience what battlefield is about. Big ass battles!




    BBK. Tapatalking.

  26. #19
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,390
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    15,803 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I've spent less money gaming on the PC than I have the consoles. I built my current computer over two years ago, and it'll still be competing with the next-generation consoles, if not outright outperforming them at times. I'm not even a PC enthusiast. You're describing a few small sect of gamers, ones who demand the absolute best of their PC and have plenty of spare income. The guys who buy the latest badass GPU so they can run Crysis 3 on a triple-monitor setup at a stable 60fps.

    And post the specs? What specs? They're comparing the visuals to the PC version only. This isn't a benchmark comparison.
    You built your PC 2 years ago. Check your PC that was from 2005 when the Xbox 360 launched and see if it can run let say...Skyrim or The Witcher 2.

  27. #20
    Elite Member
    billm0066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,534
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    9,309 (0 Banked)
    I find it strange how people care about comparing consoles to pc every generation. Especially when it comes to multiplat and multi gen games. They are not going to take the time to truly optimize bf4 for ps4 so it wont reach it's full potential. You cant blame them, because at the end of the day they need to make a profit. If they spend a bunch of extra time on the ps4 version, it's doubtful they will recoup their money. There are only a million pre orders and what % of them will buy this game? I know I wont.

    Let the pc guys enjoy having a more powerful system. It costs a lot more, they miss out on a lot of great exclusives, and they typically play on small monitors with headphones.

  28. #21
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,198
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    66,528 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The thing about PC is the devs stop supporting hardware after a certain point. Bioshock is shader model 3 in DX9 mode so my old X850 card I bought in 2005 couldn't run it.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-29-2013 at 15:09.

  29. #22
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,724
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    34,758 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ive said it before and ill say it again............$#@! PC GAMERS/GAMING

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  30. Likes Omar, Two4DaMoney likes this post
  31. #23
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    26,595 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Specs do not matter. It will look the same on the medium/high setting regardless of how powerful the GPU and CPU are the difference is frame rates.
    Are you trolling or are you serious? Because this comment makes less than no sense...

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  32. #24
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,575
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    27,435 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    So the PS4 is a medium level PC with games that are more fun to play. That's good enough for me. Count me in.
    Exactly how I see it too lol

  33. #25
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,522
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    53,287 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Ive said it before and ill say it again............$#@! PC GAMERS/GAMING
    You're dead to me 33x!

    unless it is to do with F1, music or TV that is

  34. Likes Omar likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.