Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Didnt MS say they already passed through FCC? http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...hing-about-FCC
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-30-2013 at 21:22.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    While I agree they're in a Pre-production/Beta stage and they're preparing for a production ramp, they're not there until they submit for FCC approval. But w/ less demand based on pre-order numbers and dropping markets until 2014 they can afford to start production later (but how much later can the afford?)

The remarks regarding running on PC's instead of Dev kits goes back to E3, which Penello even states that they had stuff running on everything from Higher end Dev Kits to Higher performance PCs. The point here was what developers are currently showing stuff running on - which when reading between the line is Pre-production units. This is similar to what the games for PS4 where running on at E3 (Pre-production PS4's.)

It's obvious that MS is a little behind here, but they've still got time - but it's running out. If they don't have the XB1 submitted to FCC in the next couple of weeks then I think they will be seriously be risking their November Launch window.
    They pass FCC approval before Sony did. Not that I think the be all and end all.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Sorry if I'm doubtful that a posting on a forum, supposedly by Penello, is factual. FCC filings are public domain information. These filings are scoured daily for tidbits on filings. If MS (even under one of their many subsidiaries) filed something with the FCC, it would have made the news.

I'm going to call BS on this until MS makes a public statement on this and a Posting as someone claiming to be Penello doesn't cut the mustard.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Sorry if I'm doubtful that a posting on a forum, supposedly by Penello, is factual. FCC filings are public domain information. These filings are scoured daily for tidbits on filings. If MS (even under one of their many subsidiaries) filed something with the FCC, it would have made the news.

I'm going to call BS on this until MS makes a public statement on this and a Posting as someone claiming to be Penello doesn't cut the mustard.
    I posted the FCC filing numbers. You don't take Penello's word.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I posted the FCC filing numbers. You don't take Penello's word.
    Indeed. They are on gaf too.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Ok, I googled these and it looks potentially like they're XB1's - but there's a confidentially clause blocking a lot of details. This is new news to me. I figured this would have been splattered everywhere like these things usually are when and FCC filing occurs.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Ok, I googled these and it looks potentially like they're XB1's - but there's a confidentially clause blocking a lot of details. This is new news to me. I figured this would have been splattered everywhere like these things usually are when and FCC filing occurs.
    Meh, I made the case two weeks ago that these would probably be them and that MS is entitled to hide the details.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...til-2014/page4

Thread Information