Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    since the PS EYE has two cameras bring on 3D video chat
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I do not want Skype on my PS4 if i consider getting one. I do not want to chat to anyone

I just want to game
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I do not want Skype on my PS4 if i consider getting one. I do not want to chat to anyone

I just want to game
    Indeed....never used it....likely never will. I'm too old for that crap and even if I did have it anyone I would want to talk to won't have it. The few people I do talk to I have party chat etc for that....my PS4 is for gaming...my pc is for work...my phone is for talking. Guess I'm just not up with this generation lol.

Edit: A couple Christmas' ago I tried to use video chat with my parents.....wanted to shoot myself in the head....try teaching a 60 yr old woman to video chat.....yeah...thought so.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Then just don't use it?

5. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Edit: A couple Christmas' ago I tried to use video chat with my parents.....wanted to shoot myself in the head....try teaching a 60 yr old woman to video chat.....yeah...thought so.
    How about a 77 year old woman? I tried to teach my parents to use skype a few years back, but they never quite got the hang of it. I just gave up and started using it to call the home phone (I was in Korea at the time) but Skype is a great thing for me.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Like Flumbooze said,

Too bad the only reason they want it on PS4 is because it's hugely tied into the NSA's spying program. You never hear Microsoft wanting to share anything with console competition. NSA is paying them big time for this.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodie_CI5 View Post
    Hi Terminator 101,

In what way is Skype crippled on the Vita? Lack of video calls? (not being a smartarse, genuinely want to know)
    Sorry for the late response. Anyway, there is no instant messaging on Vita version of Skype. Actually, there is no messaging at all, so the only way to contact someone is to call them. No way to ask them if you can.

You should see me when I play with friends. PS Vita for cross game voice chat, iPod touch for messaging, and a PS3 for playing.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    The NSA wants you to have Prism........ errr, Skype, on your PS4.

Especially if they can't watch and listen to you through your Kinect all day long.
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    Like Flumbooze said,

Too bad the only reason they want it on PS4 is because it's hugely tied into the NSA's spying program. You never hear Microsoft wanting to share anything with console competition. NSA is paying them big time for this.
    And we officially have the two winners for this thread. This is purely to make it easier for the NSA to spy on all the activities people do. Since Microsoft owns Skype and since they have a standing agreement with the NSA with regards to the PRISM program, why not make a deal with your competitor?

Super Elite
    It's a great marketing ploy for Microsoft free promotion of their own product
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    hmm, first the "you can plug a PS4 into an XBOX1 thru HDMI", then "Skype on PS4 is good", seems to me Microsoft know they already lost the next generation and want to get close to Sony to save what they can ; maybe a "good behavior show" to address the game developers they're not the bad guys

Thread Information