Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3

Isn't this strange?

I have a friend I met him when I played MW2 online and since than he been my friend and he is good person. He lives in USA Georgia and last night. He asked me to send him 20 dollars PSN card so he can buy the Walking Dead. He is 23 years old and he said he has no money and going through difficult time and his parents doesn't' help him as they pay only for the internet. I remember 2 years ago I had no job but I had some money which it was good but with this guy its kind strange. I haven't seen him playing any games for more than 2 months and just sign in and that is all that's why I sent him the 20 dollars PSN lol.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

2. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    better hope to see him playing the walking dead within the next few days then haha

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Woah! Didnt know trust was given so easily!

5. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Veteran
    Good gesture, not sure if I would do it myself...

Hope you don't get burnt..

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Well, it is only 20 dollars after all, but still lol

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I have a friend I met him when I played MW2 online and since than he been my friend and he is good person. He lives in USA Georgia and last night. He asked me to send him 20 dollars PSN card so he can buy the Walking Dead. He is 23 years old and he said he has no money and going through difficult time and his parents doesn't' help him as they pay only for the internet. I remember 2 years ago I had no job but I had some money which it was good but with this guy its kind strange. I haven't seen him playing any games for more than 2 months and just sign in and that is all that's why I sent him the 20 dollars PSN lol.
    You didnt read my thread did you?

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...nds?highlight=

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Nice, i wish i had a friend that was so

" i amazing and so nice "
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    better hope to see him playing the walking dead within the next few days then haha
    I know man lool. I will check on him tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MW2-LgNd View Post
    Woah! Didnt know trust was given so easily!
    Its only 20 dollars and I have known for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Good gesture, not sure if I would do it myself...
    Hope you don't get burnt..
    Well, I felt sorry for him and he might have hard time and I have seen people like that to say the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by MW2-LgNd View Post
    Well, it is only 20 dollars after all, but still lol
    Yeah, not much loooooooooool.
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    That is sick story man.

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Nice, i wish i had a friend that was so

" i amazing and so nice "
    I know friend and I wish too if I had friends like that.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    A true Canadian well always help people out

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    Not you.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Hard to say really..

My experience...

I met a few people online, and we have been friends for 8+ years. I mean real friends. I've been loaned money, several hundred dollars; and I've done the same thing in return. I've bought games for people in this community.

That being said, you never know when you'll be befriended and used.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    very kind gesture, but im a bit perturbed that he asked for money for a game...if he was that broke i'd ask for money for food or essentials....but that is just me. although, i NEVER ask no matter how broke i am, its a pride thing....

i really hope you don't get burned Syphon Filter

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    i just did, and might vomit

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    very kind gesture, but im a bit perturbed that he asked for money for a game...if he was that broke i'd ask for money for food or essentials....but that is just me. although, i NEVER ask no matter how broke i am, its a pride thing....

A while ago my video card broke on me, it was an BFG 8800GT which at that time BFG gave lifetime warranty on all their cards no matter what, so I got it sorted and boxed it up and sent it off, but it took about 3 months to et to me because of the volcano eruption in Iceland.
    When it did turn up it worked great and I was well pleased but about a month later it FUBAR and made strange noises and got mega hot and eventually died.
    Bastards

this is how it sounded
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...o/bearings.mp3

Turns out within that month BFG went out of business so I was $#@! out of luck to get a replacement under warranty again but a guy I met on a clan meet a couple years before said if I paid for the psttage he would ship me his old X1950XT so I agreed.
    Couple days later I got a 1950XT for a 10, 5 for postage 5 for the card.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-01-2013 at 03:48.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92

I completely agree, I never ask. Obviously its good to never speak big, because u never know whats gonna happen in the future, u might have to ask after all but in this case, just no. I mean yeah ask for food or something, not a game! Id rather give 200 dollars to a beggar on the streets than giving it to a stranger online, i really dont believe in online friendships, it just feels so wrong and sad, thats just my opinion, so dont take it personally.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Can I have a $20 PSN card to buy some games?

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

19. Likes MW2-LgNd likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    I find it strange that u gave someone $20 on psn. Btw can I have $80 for gta5?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Thank you. What can we do my friend? You have to help sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Hard to say really..

My experience...

I met a few people online, and we have been friends for 8+ years. I mean real friends. I've been loaned money, several hundred dollars; and I've done the same thing in return. I've bought games for people in this community.

That being said, you never know when you'll be befriended and used.

No friend I don't he lied. I have known him for long time and Iam like you. I will never ask but I have seen people like him and even its worse for them. I think he can't find job and also the parents are putting pressure him as well.
    i just did, and might vomit
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Can I have a $20 PSN card to buy some games?
    If I have known you for 12 years maybe yeah, I would loool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    I find it strange that u gave someone $20 on psn. Btw can I have $80 for gta5?

Why do you find it strange? If you can help people even with a little bit, than do it. If I have known you for 14 years I would give you 80 dollars to get GTA 5.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Why do you find it strange? If you can help people even with a little bit, than do it. If I have known you for 14 years I would give you 80 dollars to get GTA 5.
    Just weird, internet friends aren't real friends. I met this guy back in the gamefan forums over 12 years ago and kept in touch with him. You know what I would give him if he asked for money? Not a damn thing, he's a grown ass man who should be able to pay his own way and be able to ask the people in his life for monetary help if he needs it. Not some guy he talks to in aim. But that's just my thought process on it, what the hell do I know.

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Just weird, internet friends aren't real friends. I met this guy back in the gamefan forums over 12 years ago and kept in touch with him. You know what I would give him if he asked for money? Not a damn thing, he's a grown ass man who should be able to pay his own way and be able to ask the people in his life for monetary help if he needs it. Not some guy he talks to in aim. But that's just my thought process on it, what the hell do I know.

Your right friend and its true about the internet friends. But I know this person for some time and the way he talked and told his story. He doesn't get help from no one and I think he can't find job there and as I said. I have seen people like him and even older. So, hopefully he will have a better live condition soon.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Not you.
    i always help people, not like you that has a very bad history of hate
    Last edited by -Dj-; 09-01-2013 at 11:48.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I do think it's good that you're helping the guy out though, I was wondering if I'd do the same thing but I remembered that I have given money to people I've never met in person.

I used to play some MMO RPG's and befriended people on there, then they introduced me to some of their own friends and I'm still friendly with them now 8-9 years on. I've sent money to them before when they've posted up donation sites for a charity that they're raising money for when they take part in race for life events and things like that.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Only if there were more people in the world as nice... And that would make gaming experiences more off an experience
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

27. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    i always help people, not like you that has a very bad history of hate
    Keep dreaming. You've been trolling so hard when the new management was announced around here.

Thread Information