Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Checked last night and on the Digital DL version you do get the 4 Items.

• "The Hero’s Journey" – A Legendary shoulder item that includes a “Journey” style scarf
    • "Drake's Amulet" – A Legendary amulet that bears a striking resemblance to the ring that Drake wears around his neck in Uncharted
    • "Leoric's Gauntlets" – These Legendary gloves summon a ghostly skeleton to fight for you
    • "Leah's Ring" – A Legendary ring, originally given to Leah by Deckard Cain, that's usable at level 1 and provides bonuses to Magic Find and Gold Find

The Hero's Journey was already surpassed by a Rare Mantel that i had with several attributes (was at beginning of lvl 13 when I found the stuff.) It would have been good for about lvl 1-10.

Drake's Amulet and Leah's Ring are two awesome items that I'm sure I'll wear for a good while yet.

Leoric's Gauntles - Well I've got 12 lvls to go to get to it now (I'm sitting at Lvl 18 currently at the beginning of act II.) Looks pretty kick as right now, but with the way things are dropping - who knows. I've had a few Legendaries drop already - Went from a Sword/Shield to Big Ass 2 Handed Bone last night. Trading off various states as my shield and axes were pretty damn good.

I've got something like 45% Gold and 35% Magic drop adders right now (I had 45% Magic drop, but I swapped out a couple of items that just had too many other killer attributes.)

I made a kick as Journeyman's helm w/ a Socket - Now I need to get the Jeweler and some Gems. Need to make sure I don't F'up the Jewlers training. I trained my Blacksmith a bit too early and quickly and clicked on some items I can't even use because I saw a lock sign on the other items (Doh!) but I'm not to worried as I'm pretty decked out for my level and I didn't do it after Blacksmithing items beyond lvl 23.

This game kicks ass - officially addicted.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    I've been playing D3 a bit on PS3. Have a level 33 Barbarian, add me to smash stuff up.
    Contributing Writer @ PSU | Amateur Games Journalist | Internet Media Guy

Tumblr Blogs: Josh Likes Games | Coffee and Controllers | Follow me on Twitter
    Spooky Mobley's Conspiracy Corner | Pixel Power Art

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Once I hit level 60 I will start teaming up more for loot. As for now I just want to get to max level.

8 years and counting!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Once I hit level 60 I will start teaming up more for loot. As for now I just want to get to max level.
    Do you know if Paragon levels made it over to the console version? Or is that still only a PC feature. It was an interesting idea on the PC version but I never got clarification if they brought it over.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Yes, Paragon levels are on the Console version. There's some Gameplay on IGN on Console on Inferno Lvl 60 where they are working on Paragon Lvls.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/09/11...inferno-part-1 Lvl 60 working on 1st Pargon
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/09/13...inferno-part-4 Lvl 60 Paragon 1.

6. Likes Justin likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    We should start posting our Legendary drops.

8 years and counting!

8. Likes TAZ427 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    We should start posting our Legendary drops.
    That would be cool, I actually got a really bad ass Axe fr my barbarian that I've been using throughout my nightmare difficulty.

YouTube Editor
    My Legendary weapon is badass for a level 30 guy.

8 years and counting!

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    I picked up Boneshatter towards the end of Act I - It was enough to make me move from a 1H+Shield (both with very good set of stats) to 2H. It upped my DPS about 12% and a number of other good stat buffs (at the cost of some other nice stats that were less important to me - at least at the time.)

Even though I've come across a few legendary items, several of them were junk compared to what I had. I've tossed these in my Stash to hold for future build chars.

I need to look them up and write them down.

I got over 80 magic/rare/legendary drops during the last part(s) of Act I (Trailing the Coven & The Imprisoned Angels) I know this because I stopped and dropped everything that wasn't at least magical, and I went back and to town and broke them all down and when I was finished I still had 20 something in my inventory that I had to look at and determine if I should break down.

There's so many that are good and figuring out the right trade-offs can be a challenge especially when one has a single state I want and the other has 2 or 3 that I need overall. Mainly STR+VIT vs Magic Drop%. I want to keep the Magic Drop% up, but I don't want to start falling behind in the STR+VIT stats.

YouTube Editor
    Strength+Vitality is all you need to truly worry about. Attack Speed is always a nice bonus as well! Magic Find is nice and all, but will it actually help you beat through monsters on Inferno? No. Concentrate on building your DPS, and increasing your health. Whatever else is just bonus after that.

8 years and counting!

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Strength+Vitality is all you need to truly worry about. Attack Speed is always a nice bonus as well! Magic Find is nice and all, but will it actually help you beat through monsters on Inferno? No. Concentrate on building your DPS, and increasing your health. Whatever else is just bonus after that.
    I'm sure my focus will change as I progress. This being my first play through, I'm hoping to find some Uber equipment (Yes, I know better Uber equipment will drop in the higher modes.) So, I want to balance at least as much as I can this. Right now, I'm still going through mobs like a hot knife through butter, and I will prioritize items with Really good STR+VIT but I want to keep as much Magic find as I can in hopes of even better drops with even better stats.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Looks like Blizzard is shutting down the Auction House on the PC side next March and moving them to a better drop system like the Console's are using.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...ource=facebook

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Loot 2.0 is what will be coming to the pc. It seems like its already on the console versions.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Loot 2.0 is what will be coming to the pc. It seems like its already on the console versions.
    I've seen the PC Diablo III players referring to the console one as Loot 1.5, and are all up in arms about the drops.

To be honest, I think Blizzard hated the Auction House but wasn't certain if a tweaked Loot system would be good enough. And so the console version made a great Guinea Pig. It turns out that the feedback on the console loot system has been very positive and has given them the backbone to now kill the Auction House.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is shutting down the Auction House on the PC side next March and moving them to a better drop system like the Console's are using.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...ource=facebook
    This actually makes me happy. I'm kind of a Blizzard fan boy and I defended the auction house till I played the PS3 version. Now I'm happy to see it go! I have a feeling I'll be buying this game a third time next year for the PS4 XD unless there is going to be some kind of upgrade program.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I've seen the PC Diablo III players referring to the console one as Loot 1.5, and are all up in arms about the drops.

To be honest, I think Blizzard hated the Auction House but wasn't certain if a tweaked Loot system would be good enough. And so the console version made a great Guinea Pig. It turns out that the feedback on the console loot system has been very positive and has given them the backbone to now kill the Auction House.
    I've yet to see anything being touted by Blizzard as 1.5 Loot.. rather, it definitely follows the 2.0 rules as far as I can tell.

The auction house was a disaster, and I'm glad it's going to be gone.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I've yet to see anything being touted by Blizzard as 1.5 Loot.. rather, it definitely follows the 2.0 rules as far as I can tell.

The auction house was a disaster, and I'm glad it's going to be gone.
    The only reason the auction existed to begin with was to combat gold farmers and it only seemed to make the problem worse. The way loot is dropping on the PS3 is a million times better then the PC version is. Can't wait till they actually fix the PC version so I can go back and actually enjoy it again.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    If I recall right the director of D3 regretted putting the AH into the game, so Im not shocked its being shut down. (Lack of it in the console version currently makes it a by far superior game)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

YouTube Editor
    Superior in many ways as now you have to go out and obtain your loot opposed to just buying it.

8 years and counting!

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Ok, well I made it to lvl 24 last night - currently doing Black Soulstone quest (completed one of the three legs at the end of it.) Found a couple more legendary items.

So Far besides the 4 that came w/ the PS3 version (Not counting the Wings.) Here's the Legendary items I have in the order I found them.

Bone Shatter - Recently Switched to a different weapon
    Odyn Syn - 37% Chance to chain lightening - Had on Templar until I just had to upgrade - Makes for nice visuals though.
    The Executioner - Decent status but not as good as Bone Shater
    Dire Tunic - Decent Armor +21 STR, +24 VIT +5 Life/s - Had on my Templar for a while but found a couple Rare items with better stats all around.
    Heart of Iron - Great Armor Rating of 121, but crap other stats - Didn't even put it on my Templar.
    Faithful Memory - Switch to this one at lvl 21 when I found it.
    Vigilante-Belt - Great STR+VIT boast and +Life Per Hit, +Life Per Sec, +210 Life from globe/potion.

STR 248, DEX 28, INT 28, VIT 138
    Health 1810, Armor 795, Weapon 157 - DPS > 200, Magic Find Boost 48%

Magic Find had dropped down to 32% boost but I lucked into some good equipment w/ good STR & or VIT boosters that also had some +Magic Find.

While legendary items tend to be very good, I've found a number of Rares that are better at around the same time. Part I'm sure is how the dice roll.

Looks like I'll be constantly changing equipment for a very long time.

EDIT 9/18/13: Didn't get much game time in, but gained a couple levels to lvl 26.

Picked up Leoric's Crown as my only Legendary drop in the 2hrs of play. Very nice helm, and I just put a flawless Ruby in my previous helm - Time to pry that sucker out. That said I did find some good stat boasting rares, and made a couple rares more than doubling my Vitality and increasing my Strength by 77% in just two lvls.

STR 439 DEX 33 INT 44 VIT 292

Health 3152, Armor 1386, Weapon 299 -> DPS climbed up 50% to just over 300

Already gave up the Legendary Faithful Memory for a Rare that I picked up that knocked it's socks off in just about every way except lost the 3.4% Damage to Life - Meh if the enemy is dead, you're not bleeding.

EDIT 9/20/13: Up to level 30 with some more Legendary's.
    Girdle of Giants - Massive increase on my belt
    Scrimshaw - Nice but the the one I had my Blacksmith make was was just a bit better.
    Wildwood - Pretty damn good but not as good as my Blacksmith made 1h Axe but it did have a socket, add Flawless Ruby and gave to my Templar after I proved that my DPS went down with it, but was superior on my Templar

Finally got to equip Leoric's Gauntlets. They're a bit better than the guantlets I had but I'm guessing I'll be moving on from them in < 5lvls.
    Last edited by TAZ427; 09-20-2013 at 13:55.

Are there many people playing this?

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by SprSynJn View Post
    Are there many people playing this?
    Uhm, yes. Largest PC launch day sales of any game when it launched last year. The console versions had a good opening 3 days w/ > 300K in sales, and then there's been a lot of TV advertisement that I noticed after the launch for the console version.

I haven't seen any new stats but I expect some really good console numbers over time.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    Uhm, yes. Largest PC launch day sales of any game when it launched last year. The console versions had a good opening 3 days w/ > 300K in sales, and then there's been a lot of TV advertisement that I noticed after the launch for the console version.

I haven't seen any new stats but I expect some really good console numbers over time.
    I suspect it is doing very well.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Anyone know how to see what all sidequests you've done?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    Anyone know how to see what all sidequests you've done?
    Check your challenges. They should tell you what side quests you haven't completed. However I think it's account wide and not character specific, so that's one downside.

Thread Information