Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Banned

Well next-gen is about moving forward, not taking steps backward. PS3 had pressure sensitive buttons and the PS4 doesn't. PS3 could use 7 controllers and the PS4 only 4. So I guess no PS4 for me.

Then again..... Xbox went from 360... all the way back to ONE.

So I guess I'll be going with Amazon's rumored console for my next-gen gaming.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Any more than 4 IMO is overkill. Don't know why Sony went with 7 on PS3 and they are doing this with XBone. To each their own though. Not really a big deal though. Maybe 5 max if you want to have an add on remote for blu ray but hey. At least this option is there for those that want it.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Well next-gen is about moving forward, not taking steps backward. PS3 had pressure sensitive buttons and the PS4 doesn't. PS3 could use 7 controllers and the PS4 only 4. So I guess no PS4 for me.
    Doesn't matter if it wasn't practical.

I'd rather have them trim the fat than put stuff in their consoles that wouldn't get utilized. Something they did a lot with the PS3.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I do like the fact that the new xbox controllers have an emitting ir signal so the console can track where you are in the room and who has what controller.
    Last edited by mynd; 09-04-2013 at 06:07.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Psssh 8 controllers when Kinect 2.0 is present? Blasphemy!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Doesn't matter if it wasn't practical.

I'd rather have them trim the fat than put stuff in their consoles that wouldn't get utilized. Something they did a lot with the PS3.
    My post was all joke. Nothing serious about it. Ya gotta read between the lines better Sufi!

4 controllers is enough for 99% of gaming....... but hey..... 8 is better then 4......that's what she said!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    This is cool, but I thought last Gen with the PS3 having 7 was going to significant, but it wasn't. I know some games will use this but with most online inspired games, I think 8 may be a little too much.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    PS3 dd 7 and never used them all. Useless feature.
    Was it 7 controllers or 7 bluetooth accessories including move controllers, headsets, chatpads etc?
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    My post was all joke. Nothing serious about it. Ya gotta read between the lines better Sufi!

4 controllers is enough for 99% of gaming....... but hey..... 8 is better then 4......that's what she said!
    $#@! i barely use one, i usually just sit there and look at the screen lol.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    No..not a bad thing..and we know PS4 only supports 4...but this is something that clearly is only viable in a handful of situations and people. I imagine this is .1% feature...that will only get used by 1% of people 1% of the time. Still...its something Sony isn't doing this time around.
    Triple screen support in Forza is a .1% feature, but it's a feature I use. I won't use 8 controller feature though.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    $#@! i barely use one, i usually just sit there and look at the screen lol.

LMAO totally me.

8 people at once, IMO only certain "board game" style games could pull that off. Party games, like You Don't Know Jack, or something.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    LMAO totally me.

8 people at once, IMO only certain "board game" style games could pull that off. Party games, like You Don't Know Jack, or something.
    i think kinect having the ability to have multiple people is more practical. move has been a mediocre experience at best. my son would love the kinect due to its ease of use.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    i think kinect having the ability to have multiple people is more practical. move has been a mediocre experience at best. my son would love the kinect due to its ease of use.

my twins use Kinect right now for Happy Action Theater... them and two others can play together flawlessly and it is awesome. For me, I haven't found much use in Kinect outside of video chat and voice commands. Hopefully, Kinect 2.0 will change that

Forum Overseer
    To me, Move is designed for the casuals (but not all games, only mini and its difficulty of use may confuse/deter them, wii remote is much easier to use as it was pure waggle), not cores and only older kids.

it seems that kinect is also designed for casuals (but lack of buttons may confuse them), not cores and definitely kids of all ages.

Kinect is doing more.

Now with 2.0, maybe they will finally capture the cores, at least somewhat. we'll have to see.

15. Likes Cuguy likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    To me, Move is designed for the casuals (but not all games, only mini and its difficulty of use may confuse/deter them, wii remote is much easier to use as it was pure waggle), not cores and only older kids.

it seems that kinect is also designed for casuals (but lack of buttons may confuse them), not cores and definitely kids of all ages.

Kinect is doing more.

Now with 2.0, maybe they will finally capture the cores, at least somewhat. we'll have to see.

I still think at this point, Kinect will be a good modifying bit to games... but as for the sole input device for a core (hate that term) game? Maybe... we will see

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Triple screen support in Forza is a .1% feature, but it's a feature I use. I won't use 8 controller feature though.
    Pretty sure up to 5 are supported.

Forum Overseer
    I still think at this point, Kinect will be a good modifying bit to games... but as for the sole input device for a core (hate that term) game? Maybe... we will see
    people are too quick to change and i feel like MS will not be able to move forward in the core (<lol) dept as much as they wanted to, with the recent announcement.

but i think we're still going to see some awesome stuff on all sorts of games.

i think kinect would truly be effective if a console was completely based off it. yes that means limited sort of games but unique and something that can't be done anywhere else. that would be cool.

the issue is that MS is trying their best to bring that uniqueness to the traditional side and people just won't have any of it. there's really no other way it can even be attempted imo than how MS wanted to do it at first.

there's a lot of potential there that i don't know how will be used.

i would love a console with a kinect-like device as the only controller. I'd pay $200-$300 for that $#@!.

19. Likes Cuguy likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    people are too quick to change and i feel like MS will not be able to move forward in the core (<lol) dept as much as they wanted to, with the recent announcement.

but i think we're still going to see some awesome stuff on all sorts of games.

i think kinect would truly be effective if a console was completely based off it. yes that means limited sort of games but unique and something that can't be done anywhere else. that would be cool.

the issue is that MS is trying their best to bring that uniqueness to the traditional side and people just won't have any of it. there's really no other way it can even be attempted imo than how MS wanted to do it at first.

there's a lot of potential there that i don't know how will be used.

i would love a console with a kinect-like device as the only controller. I'd pay $200-$300 for that $#@!.

true.. you'd have to go ALL IN to make it truly magical. Right now, everyone (except nintendo) is treating motion control as a ploy, or a gimmick if you will.

It needs to be balls deep to be taken seriously, and so far, Sony or MS hasn't done that. I think MS TRIED to with the initial policies on XB1, but it was a major, major slap to the "hardcore" and they had to right the ship.

Odd that in this day and age with people clamoring for innovation that a company who tried to advance (maybe for good, or bad) gaming to a different area was slammed. Status quo seems to be good for hardcore guys.

21. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    People would definitely appreciate the Kinect more if it were its own console. That's just my opinion. If you see something hot out there that's "different" than what you are used to? You will jump in.

Nintendo did that with the original Wii in a way...it definitely brought a unique experience. Traditionals/hardcores tried it and didn't like it but they gave it a try. I was also very curious in it because I couldn't just do that on my console.

The problem is the traditional gamers. They want things to stay the same. Casuals want the next cool thing. and people that want both, are collateral.

23. Likes Cuguy likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Oh $#@!, looks like I will have to cancel my PS4 Order.

Oh, wait a minute. I never used more than 4 controllers simultaneously on my PS4 and both times I used 4 was so I could get a trophy.

Never Mind - I don't give a rats ass that it only supports 4 controllers. I also don't give a rats ass that the XB1 supports 8.

Really WTF is going to use this, FIFA?

EDIT: Please read the above knowing that it is dripping with Sarcasm. This is a feature that wasn't really used on the PS3 and thus removed and I don't see it being used on the XB1. I questioned the 7 controller support usefulness on PS3 when it was announced and feel that I was right in doing so, now I question the 8 controller support on the XB1.
    Last edited by TAZ427; 09-04-2013 at 20:13.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Oh $#@!, looks like I will have to cancel my PS4 Order.

Oh, wait a minute. I never used more than 4 controllers simultaneously on my PS4 and both times I used 4 was so I could get a trophy.

Never Mind - I don't give a rats ass that it only supports 4 controllers. I also don't give a rats ass that the XB1 supports 8.

Really WTF is going to use this, FIFA?
    Why are you getting so mad, bro?

26. Likes Cuguy likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    exactly... jeebus...

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I imagine this is a bad thing.
    Confirmed.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    exactly... jeebus...
    Looks like the dripping of Sarcasm Joke didn't translate to well on the interwebs, LOL.

I figured I'd toss in some fake rage regarding the PS4 not supporting a feature that frankly wasn't used when it was actually supported on the PS3.

EDIT: FWIW, I wondered the same thing when the PS3 supported 7 controllers.
    Last edited by TAZ427; 09-04-2013 at 20:03.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    like oil and water, drugs and booze... the internet and sarcasm do not mix

31. Likes PS4freak , TAZ427 likes this post

Thread Information