Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)

Exclamation Killzone: Shadowfall - New MP info!

New Info!

Player Mechanics:
    Most of the player mechanics available in the single-player campaign are now also available in multiplayer. This includes the cover system that allows you to snap in to/lean out of/vault over cover, as well as the sliding mechanic. In addition, the brutal melee system has been expanded with drop-down melees (as seen in the single-player playthrough).

Weapons:
    Multiplayer features 22 different weapons, all of them unlocked from the get-go. Your ability to master the weapons is key, as each weapon has very different dynamics. For an in-depth look at the new weapons, read our “Guerrilla Armory” articles about the StA-55 assault rifle, the VC-15 shotgun pistol, the M55 assault rifle and the VC-30 shotgun. More weapon articles are coming to Killzone.com soon!

Attachments:
    There are 19 different weapon attachments in multiplayer, unlocked by completing specific challenges. You can use these to extend the functionality of your weapons in a variety ways, from enhanced scopes to new ammo types to secondary fire options. Adding attachments that complement your playing style can greatly enhance your combat effectiveness.

Classes & Abilities:
    There are three distinct classes and 12 unique special abilities in multiplayer. Each of the classes can be enhanced with up to two special abilities, allowing for some highly specialized playing styles. We’ll cover the three classes and their available abilities in more detail in the coming weeks, but we can already reveal that there will be a Placeable Spawn Beacon ability.

Custom Warzones:
    Warzones, with their trademark rotating mission modes, return to multiplayer with supercharged customization features. There are eight mission modes in total, four of which are new to Killzone. More importantly, you can customize these modes to your heart’s content and share your favorite settings with the rest of the community. We will regularly highlight popular and interesting community-created Warzones for you to try out.

Combat Honors:
    Combat Honors are temporary bonuses that can be activated by earning enough points during a round. These bonuses stay active for as long you continue play - when your play session ends, you lose your Combat Honors. Combat Honor bonuses range from an increase to movement speed to reduction in recoil.

Post-Launch Support:
    We aim to keep the post-launch multiplayer experience fresh through the frequent release of paid DLC expansion packs that offer new gameplay and customization features. At the same time, all DLC multiplayer maps will be released free of charge to prevent the player base from becoming fractured.

So the single players Cover system and slide-to-cover will finally be in multiplayer!

Free DLC maps!

2. Likes Mael Duin, mistercrow likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    I am so excited for this game now, and now meaning I've always looked forward to this title but, ever since the MP reveal I've been all about this game. Not only does it look the best of any next gen title, with the exception of Fortza or Drive Club, but I don't count racing games, anyways it has some extremely promising MP. I've never played a Killzone title and think the weighty feel of the weapons is just what I'm looking for in a FPS. I've always though all the guns in CoD felt like they weighed the same, and I hear you can feel the difference between each weapon when it fires.
    Anyways it looks $#@!in dope and I can't wait to finally feel that new DS4 shape in my hands when I can finally stick that KZ disc deep inside that sexy PS4 slot and then I...woah, woah woah, wait a minute...this is getting awkward. Lol. Jk. I'm not into consoles like that, I swear.

Superior Member
    They released even more info today, detailing the terrorist group that split off from the Helghasts.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Have they gotten rid of the cloak ?!

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Superior Member
    Killzone (PS4) - Best looking game I saw running on a next-gen console. The game is similar to just another BF or COD but it's just more fun to play. Shadow Fall really felt like a blast and a dream to play. I can't explain it, it's just a damn good shooter and unbelievably fun to play. The gameplay was quick paced and fun but not over the top. It assured me that it's the first game I'll pop into my PS4 on launch day.

From an admitted 360 fanboy who played Killzone:SF at PAX

7. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    This dude played it at pax prime, heres his impressions

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    This dude played it at pax prime, heres his impressions

PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Man this game just keeps looking better and better. I already have the game preordered but if I didn't I definitely would after this thread.

Thread Information