Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Question Why are there more ads for the PS4?

If both consoles are coming out around the same time in the US at least (as I don't know much about the rest of the world), why aren't MS advertising the X1 yet? Am I just not seeing it?

So far, I have seen at least two advertisements in person and tons online. I've seen two ads at my local Walmarts and none about the Xbox 1.

Is Xbox 1 coming out a little later? Did I miss something? Usually MS markets the crap out of their products.

Any ideas?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Probably because of the release date? As in, MS doesn't have a clear one yet, and Sony does. I'm sure once that's been released we'll see more ads from them.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    If both consoles are coming out around the same time in the US at least (as I don't know much about the rest of the world), why aren't MS advertising the X1 yet? Am I just not seeing it?

So far, I have seen at least two advertisements in person and tons online. I've seen two ads at my local Walmarts and none about the Xbox 1.

Is Xbox 1 coming out a little later? Did I miss something? Usually MS markets the crap out of their products.

Any ideas?
    I've been seeing advertisements for it during video game advertisements. At the end of the EA commercial they promoted the Xbox One.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Sony's new ad agency is on the grind

I guess MS will try and heavily market the xbone once Oct hits. It's rumored that the xbone has already cost MS 4.5billion(3b with amd;1b on game dev;400m nfl deal, 100m on controller). They'll likely spend another 500m when advertising the xbone considering that they spent around that amount to advertise Kinect. Then there's this investor that has just been given a seat on the board and he doesn't like the xbox division and wants it gone. Balmer is leaving within a year after he laid out his plans for the future for MS. Obviously they don't trust his vision. It's a bit shakey over there atm. Now Stephen Elop is about to lead the xbone division just after some woman was given the job a month or so ago lol.

MS has to get their $#@! together fast. Losing the states means that they've going to struggle with Sony.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I don't question it, I'm just glad Sony are coming out fighting!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Sony's new ad agency is on the grind

I guess MS will try and heavily market the xbone once Oct hits. It's rumored that the xbone has already cost MS 4.5billion(3b with amd;1b on game dev;400m nfl deal, 100m on controller). They'll likely spend another 500m when advertising the xbone considering that they spent around that amount to advertise Kinect. Then there's this investor that has just been given a seat on the board and he doesn't like the xbox division and wants it gone. Balmer is leaving within a year after he laid out his plans for the future for MS. Obviously they don't trust his vision. It's a bit shakey over there atm. Now Stephen Elop is about to lead the xbone division just after some woman was given the job a month or so ago lol.

MS has to get their $#@! together fast. Losing the states means that they've going to struggle with Sony.
    I guess you are a MS insider now...lol You forgot they just bought nokia for 7.2 billion so i guess money isn't an issue. MS is concerned but it's not with sony's advertising.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Because it was announced first
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I guess you are a MS insider now...lol You forgot they just bought nokia for 7.2 billion so i guess money isn't an issue. MS is concerned but it's not with sony's advertising.
    They are terrified of the juggernaut thay will be the ps4.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    They are terrified of the juggernaut thay will be the ps4.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm sure they are shaking right now....

Extreme Poster
    even if the PS4 was announced earlier. Do we know the release date for X1? I thought they were coming out the same month.

also did not know they spent that much money, do we have an official statement?

Elite Sage
    even if the PS4 was announced earlier. Do we know the release date for X1? I thought they were coming out the same month.

also did not know they spent that much money, do we have an official statement?
    500m on advertising is my specualtion. 3b with amd is rumored and other pricing is confirmed by MS.

edit: I guess the 3billion amd deal isn't a rumor.
    http://www.gamechup.com/amd-xbox-one-project-cost/
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 09-03-2013 at 16:45.

Forum Sage
    500m on advertising is my specualtion. 3b with amd is rumored and other pricing is confirmed by MS.
    Which basically adds up to nothing...lol

Extreme Poster
    what did they spend 3B on? The new interface/OS? I don't know much about costs but it seems like 3B is a lot and MS would rather spend that on Live than hardware...so technically that could be the OS but why so high?

They can't possibly recover those losses if they did spend that much, so it doesn't add up to me. I think they'd rather spend more money on exclusivity. Maybe if it's to do with Live then it may be plausible but i donno, seems like a big figure.

maybe a combined figure for acquiring studios/OS/Live/exclusivity? even then it seems high.

EDIT: Xbox One: Microsoft needs to “cough up” the release date, says EA’s Moore

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/02/xbox...ays-eas-moore/

i guess that explains the ad thingy. it's interesting to note that we started seeing PS4 advertisement before the release date. i'm assuming this means Sony is much further in development than MS. So far anyway, they might still launch around the same time.
    Last edited by Omar; 09-03-2013 at 16:59.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I guess SONY has the best ability to make more ad's than MS
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Sage
    what did they spend 3B on? The new interface/OS? I don't know much about costs but it seems like 3B is a lot and MS would rather spend that on Live than hardware...so technically that could be the OS but why so high?

They can't possibly recover those losses if they did spend that much, so it doesn't add up to me. I think they'd rather spend more money on exclusivity. Maybe if it's to do with Live then it may be plausible but i donno, seems like a big figure.

maybe a combined figure for acquiring studios/OS/Live/exclusivity? even then it seems high.

EDIT: Xbox One: Microsoft needs to “cough up” the release date, says EA’s Moore

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/02/xbox...ays-eas-moore/

i guess that explains the ad thingy. it's interesting to note that we started seeing PS4 advertisement before the release date. i'm assuming this means Sony is much further in development than MS. So far anyway, they might still launch around the same time.
    MS has this weird belief that they'll sell 200+million xbones during it's life cycle.

I'm not making this $#@! up either. It gives you an idea where their head is at.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/54712/microsoft...-gen-consoles/

Microsoft,
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 09-03-2013 at 17:18.

16. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Sony's new ad agency is on the grind I guess MS will try and heavily market the xbone once Oct hits. It's rumored that the xbone has already cost MS 4.5billion(3b with amd;1b on game dev;400m nfl deal, 100m on controller). They'll likely spend another 500m when advertising the xbone considering that they spent around that amount to advertise Kinect. Then there's this investor that has just been given a seat on the board and he doesn't like the xbox division and wants it gone. Balmer is leaving within a year after he laid out his plans for the future for MS. Obviously they don't trust his vision. It's a bit shakey over there atm. Now Stephen Elop is about to lead the xbone division just after some woman was given the job a month or so ago lol. MS has to get their $#@! together fast. Losing the states means that they've going to struggle with Sony.
    Wow. That woman is already being replaced? She didnt even get a chance. lol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    If both consoles are coming out around the same time in the US at least (as I don't know much about the rest of the world), why aren't MS advertising the X1 yet? Am I just not seeing it? So far, I have seen at least two advertisements in person and tons online. I've seen two ads at my local Walmarts and none about the Xbox 1. Is Xbox 1 coming out a little later? Did I miss something? Usually MS markets the crap out of their products. Any ideas?
    Yeah no X1 advertisements here either. Everything seems to be PS4 related ads right now. And I still see that Playstation live action commercial on TV sometimes. The Madden commercial shows Xbox at the end but thats about it. The Diablo 3 commercial comes on almost constantly. lol

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    MS has this weird belief that they'll sell 200+million xbones during it's life cycle.

I'm not making this $#@! up either. It gives you an idea where their head is at.

Microsoft,
    LMFAO!!!!

It certainly makes me proud that I'm supporting Sony. PC & PS4 for me and their aggressiveness with the marketing, indie dev support, other devs partnerships, conferences, and just getting their name out there and pushing the PS4 more and more. Well, I'm quite surprised that Sony turned over a new leaf with a completely opposite effect.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yeah no X1 advertisements here either. Everything seems to be PS4 related ads right now. And I still see that Playstation live action commercial on TV sometimes. The Madden commercial shows Xbox at the end but thats about it. The Diablo 3 commercial comes on almost constantly. lol
    Yes, that's where I seen the Xbone commercial. I'm certainly not ashamed to admit that I am more for the PS4, in fact, I'm about 100%. When I seen that commercial with the Xbone at the end I kind of did this........Pffffft.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 09-03-2013 at 19:36.

Forum Sage
    Most core gamers know xb1 is coming. They are the target for launch.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    LMFAO!!!! It certainly makes me proud that I'm supporting Sony. PC & PS4 for me and their aggressiveness with the marketing, indie dev support, other devs partnerships, conferences, and just getting their name out there and pushing the PS4 more and more. Well, I'm quite surprised that Sony turned over a new leaf with a completely opposite effect. Yes, that's where I seen the Xbone commercial. I'm certainly not ashamed to admit that I am more for the PS4, in fact, I'm about 100%. When I seen that commercial with the Xbone at the end I kind of did this........Pffffft.
    Yep, same here. Forza 5 is really the only appealing exclusive on X1 for me. PS4 has a way better lineup imo. And we all know that Sony never has a shortage of good exclusives. And KZ SF and Infamous SS are the two most impressive looking next gen games that I've seen yet. So yeah I'm right there with ya.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-03-2013 at 21:25.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I've seen no ads for either. I'm sure MS will have the more consistent advertising at launch and throughout XB1s life though just like the 360. PS4 will still easily outsell and win next gen though.

Microsoft,

They said 1 billion lol, didn't Nintendo just do that with total combined hardware?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I've seen no ads for either. I'm sure MS will have the more consistent advertising at launch and throughout XB1s life though just like the 360. PS4 will still easily outsell and win next gen though.

They said 1 billion lol, didn't Nintendo just do that with total combined hardware?
    They said that for all consoles combined.

Extreme Poster
    Most core gamers know xb1 is coming. They are the target for launch.
    I don't think that'd be a good idea. It doesn't matter who you're targeting. You need to get the message out. I'm thinking they don't want to say something yet because while their target is this year, they aren't 100% sure yet. No one can be 100% sure but they can be certain.

Forum Sage
    I don't think that'd be a good idea. It doesn't matter who you're targeting. You need to get the message out. I'm thinking they don't want to say something yet because while their target is this year, they aren't 100% sure yet. No one can be 100% sure but they can be certain.
    The message is out there. People know. It's being advertised in the most important places right now, which are outlets, the web, and most important of all, xbox-live. It will pick up during the holidays with tv ads.

Extreme Poster
    The message is out there. People know. It's being advertised in the most important places right now, which are outlets, the web, and most important of all, xbox-live. It will pick up during the holidays with tv ads.
    that's what i'm saying, i haven't seen it anywhere. but then again, maybe i haven't been to these outlets. my point is that if you're seeing one product everywhere and not the other, what do you think will happen? not smart imo. MS proved this generation how important marketing is. i know they know their $#@! so to me, it seems like they're not certain about the window of launch.

Thread Information