Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    It was a stupid buy. The future of it is unknown but for a business stand point as of right now, it was a very dumb purchase.
    The chart I posted says otherwise.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    IS that what it says? I couldn't make head nor tail of it.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Gutted nokia has gone...but, you make your bed. Windows phones have been playin catchup for years, always lacked that killer feature...told ya you shoulda gone android nokia...

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Well you could say that's one unbreakable deal.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    just wait and watch. a lot of things start out good at first but end up crashing and burning. It would have been smarter if they would have bought Nokia a good few years ago rather than now. It's the timing.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    You do know the head of Nokia is a ex top Microsoft employee? Hell the second he joined windows phones came out.

The future of phones is Android and Apple.
    This is the future of mobile photography.

20mp 3x optical or 18mp and 10x optical.
    Last edited by mickice; 09-05-2013 at 15:58.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Forum Sage
    just wait and watch. a lot of things start out good at first but end up crashing and burning. It would have been smarter if they would have bought Nokia a good few years ago rather than now. It's the timing.
    So you want MS to have bought nokia/nokia's phone division for much more money without having the lumia line prove it to be a good acquisition? Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    You do know the head of Nokia is a ex top Microsoft employee? Hell the second he joined windows phones came out.

The future of phones is Android and Apple.
    This is the future of mobile photography.

20mp 3x optical or 18mp and 10x optical.
    Do you even think before you post? Or do you just type whatever comes to mind first and hit the submit button?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Well, because when corporations buy late, they are basically late to the party. Sales end up slowing down. Do you honestly think that sales are going to pick up at a much more rapid pace? it's already peaked in the phone market already. That is why this purchase was dumb to begin with. they should have bought before the peak hit. now no one could possibly know if whatever company was going to peak but that is the risk businesses take. Without the risk you won't profit like you should. What MS did wasn't a risk, it was a safe bet but a stupid one and because it was a late purchase it is more along the lines of a mediocre bet. in fact it just shouldn't have happened.

This is just my opinion though and I am not talking as if it was fact. It's just my take on this purchase that Microsoft did.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 09-05-2013 at 18:39.

Forum Sage
    Well, because when corporations buy late, they are basically late to the party. Sales end up slowing down. Do you honestly think that sales are going to pick up at a much more rapid pace? it's already peaked in the phone market already. That is why this purchase was dumb to begin with. they should have bought before the peak hit. now no one could possibly know if whatever company was going to peak but that is the risk businesses take. Without the risk you won't profit like you should. What MS did wasn't a risk, it was a safe bet but a stupid one and because it was a late purchase it is more along the lines of a mediocre bet. in fact it just shouldn't have happened.

This is just my opinion though and I am not talking as if it was fact. It's just my take on this purchase that Microsoft did.
    The sales numbers suggest otherwise. Also do you really think you are smarter than everyone involved in this transaction? I mean seriously? You don't think they would have gone over every possible scenario, every positive and negative before pursuing this deal and finalizing it.

What this does is allow MS to have tighter integration between their software guys and hardware guys to have even better and more refined products. All while providing a decent blueprint for other companies to follow/take cues from.

The marketplace is constantly changing, it is foolish to say that everything is set in stone. That is what people said when MS said they would enter the market of videogame consoles, and look how that turned out for them.

Sorry, but the smartphone marketplace is anything but set in stone. You have apple losing marketshare (hence their efforts to put out a lower priced iphone) and android really only being dominated by one manufacturer with the rest fighting for meager scraps. The only reason android is where it is, is due to it being the default alternative to the iphone. That is changing with the existence of WP and it's constant improvements making it an even better option as time goes by.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Windows phones are terrible though, I'll be sticking with Android.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Windows phones are terrible though, I'll be sticking with Android.
    Reviews from tech sites and users say otherwise.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    The only advantage Lumia had going for it was the camera, SONY has fixed that with a genuine proper lense for Android / Apple phones. If successful enough, will only get better next year.
    Microsoft should cut their losses and make bussiness apps for the other 85% mobile market share. Which will jump over 90% once they exit.

This move was dumber than Skype.

Steve Ballmer coasted along on the success Bill Gates grew.
    Last edited by mickice; 09-06-2013 at 00:30.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    The sales numbers suggest otherwise. Also do you really think you are smarter than everyone involved in this transaction? I mean seriously? You don't think they would have gone over every possible scenario, every positive and negative before pursuing this deal and finalizing it.

What this does is allow MS to have tighter integration between their software guys and hardware guys to have even better and more refined products. All while providing a decent blueprint for other companies to follow/take cues from.

The marketplace is constantly changing, it is foolish to say that everything is set in stone. That is what people said when MS said they would enter the market of videogame consoles, and look how that turned out for them.

Sorry, but the smartphone marketplace is anything but set in stone. You have apple losing marketshare (hence their efforts to put out a lower priced iphone) and android really only being dominated by one manufacturer with the rest fighting for meager scraps. The only reason android is where it is, is due to it being the default alternative to the iphone. That is changing with the existence of WP and it's constant improvements making it an even better option as time goes by.
    that doesn't matter. What is going to matter is a year or two from now. When you buy something like this you are looking for volume that is consistent.

Forum Sage
    that doesn't matter. What is going to matter is a year or two from now. When you buy something like this you are looking for volume that is consistent.
    Have you been paying attention to the sales numbers? They are increasing at a good rate.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Have you been paying attention to the sales numbers? They are increasing at a good rate.
    like I said, a year or two from now. you quote my damn post but somehow failed to read the $#@!ing thing. come on.

Volume, which means later on down the road with gradual increases instead of a big boom in money and a solid ERRRRRRRRR! stop in cashflow. Give it a year or two and see where that company is (company as in the Nokia phone division). I never observe quick cash flow from a company to determine successful divisions, that's not how it works.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 09-06-2013 at 03:02.

Forum Sage
    like I said, a year or two from now. you quote my damn post but somehow failed to read the $#@!ing thing. come on.

Volume, which means later on down the road with gradual increases instead of a big boom in money and a solid ERRRRRRRRR! stop in cashflow. Give it a year or two and see where that company is (company as in the Nokia phone division). I never observe quick cash flow from a company to determine successful divisions, that's not how it works.
    OK, BRB in 2 years.

Thread Information