Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT

Distance between PS4 and the players

Hi,

What is normal distance between the two?
    In E3 demos the players were sitting on the couch. And the camera covered just a bit of the carpet and tips of the heads. So if the players would stand - they wouldn't fit.

I don't have a big room and have problems with Xbox 360 Kinect (just 1.7m between Kinect and me). Just curious how Eye will behave.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by bat0nas View Post
    Hi,

What is normal distance between the two?
    In E3 demos the players were sitting on the couch. And the camera covered just a bit of the carpet and tips of the heads. So if the players would stand - they wouldn't fit.

I don't have a big room and have problems with Xbox 360 Kinect (just 1.7m between Kinect and me). Just curious how Eye will behave.
    Not sure what E3 demo's you were watching, but the PS4 Camera Tech Demo's from E3 that I've seen posted had a fair amount above the head and below the feet and they seem to be on the order of 2-2.5m from the TV. While 1.7m is pretty tight w/ the 85deg field of view on the PS4 camera I don't think this will be a problem.

Thread Information