Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Man, all I can think of is Microsoft passes for child kidnapping plot elements a la every other prime time TV detective series in the last 10 years but GTA V, hey, no problem. MAKE IT RAIN!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    This is why Sony will always be better than MS when it comes to publishing games. Glad they did turn it down, because it would have flopped on the Xbox like Alan Wake.
    Are you saying Microsoft messed up the marketing of Alan Wake or that Alan Wake was a mediocre game? The former I agree with, they did nothing with something that should have been a BioShock-level out-of-nowhere hit -- but I absolutely loved the game. I wish MS would let Remedy take the property back so they could take it to Sony as an exclusive and make a couple proper sequels and round out a trilogy. I think Sony would let them shine.

But, fairly, it happens the other way, too. Heavenly Sword was a really good game with, yes, some gameplay flaws, but stellar story, dialogue and acting. And Sony just kind of yawned at Ninja Theory after that and Ninja Theory, though never an exclusive platform developer, went full multi-platform. They got the kiss off, too, from Sony, and they left.

Veteran
    Its funny that on TV , not even the movies tho its there aswell, but on tv alone you can have mass murders, child murders, rape, kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, etc.. etc.. all in just 1 episode without issue, yet any one of these things in a video game rated M for mature and its automatically an issue. o_O?
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    I think it's because less and less but still somewhat so right now, games, even M rated games, are considered toys. And you can't have certain content or themes in toys. There are insane multiple standards in gaming. Sony had to change the darkly humorous GoW Ascension trophy Bros Before Hoes, a reference to existing pop cultural slang, to the miserably anodyne Bros Before Foes. By that standard Rockstar should have to buy back every copy of GTA V and landfill them a concrete-lined vault. On the moon. There's no sense to any of it but it won't last. Before too long there will be no one who grew up without games and the few ascetics who denied themselves every playing will be considered serious oddballs rather than some kind of intellectual elite.

Thread Information