Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nqwazi
    Sony seem to be working with Google a lot, my guess would be chrome, especially as the architecture is basically PC

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    As long as they keep updating the Adobe Flash Player. Then we'll be able to see everything ,

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    As long as they keep updating the Adobe Flash Player. Then we'll be able to see everything ,
    I would not count on Flash being used. We are in an increasingly non-flash world nowadays.

A decent HTML5 compatible browser is all they need. Like I said earlier, if Nintendo can build a really decent browser inhouse using Webkit then so can Sony.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Quote Originally Posted by nqwazi View Post
    Sony seem to be working with Google a lot, my guess would be chrome, especially as the architecture is basically PC
    Chrome has a long way to go in the security department doubt it'll be chrome, I think it's gonna be a plain old in house developed no frills simplistic browser... No bells and whistles just a plain standardized browser.

People get over the flash player it's dead technology it's slowly being phased out of the Internet because its not functional anymore HTML5 is all you need now, no special plugins just HTML 5 support and it does everything flash does and more.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    If they implemented Chrome, I might actually use it a tiny bit. Only because I use chrome on all my equipment from phones to PCs so that I have my full set of bookmarks available to me no matter what piece of equipment I'm using. That said, I'm sure I wouldn't use it very much as I'll always have one of my Laptops, a Tablet and a phone with me while I'm on the PS4.

I'd still hazard to guess that the average console user won't use the browser to any significant extent and I'm not sure if it's Sony's best use of it's time. Sorry to burst any Console Browser users bubbles.

Thread Information