Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

CNET: Xbox One ESPN And NFL Integration: A Look At What's Coming

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7-...-whats-coming/

This will sell systems in the U.S. Market.
    Last edited by The Sith; 09-04-2013 at 09:19.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sorry, the website www.reviews.cnet.com cannot be found.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Link fixed.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah it will be a hit among the football nuts for sure...

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Regardless the complaints about TV, this NFL app is actually pretty cool...

6. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    I wish the NFL didn't look to have an official item for everything so they could spread the love to other developers and companies again

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7-...-whats-coming/

This will sell systems in the U.S. Market.
    I agree, but unfortunately it's not going to work in my AV setup.

Having 2 TiVo HD's, 1 HDDVD, 1 PS3, 1 PS4, 1 HTPC -> AV Receiver w/ Audio Decode -> TV and only wanting Audio coming via my AV Receiver only to my HT Speaker system.

This means my AV receiver becomes my HDMI Switcher as well - I don't want everything always passed through my XB1 (assuming I get one next year) to be passed on to my TV.

It's theoretically possibly but then how do I pull out my XB1 audio? I suppose I could output optical out to the receiver.

My wife barely can get things turned on as it is with macro's on my remote - she'd be totally lost sticking the XB1 in the middle.

This works well for Joe Blow that just has a single Cable Box / other input and no AV Receiver Setup (i.e. using TV speakers) it doesn't work to well with a decent amount of equipment in a HT Setup.

That said it is probably a very large percentage of TVs w/ Game Consoles that do not have a HT setup.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post

Having 2 TiVo HD's, 1 HDDVD, 1 PS3, 1 PS4, 1 HTPC -> AV Receiver w/ Audio Decode -> TV and only wanting Audio coming via my AV Receiver only to my HT Speaker system.

This means my AV receiver becomes my HDMI Switcher as well - I don't want everything always passed through my XB1 (assuming I get one next year) to be passed on to my TV.

It's theoretically possibly but then how do I pull out my XB1 audio? I suppose I could output optical out to the receiver.

My wife barely can get things turned on as it is with macro's on my remote - she'd be totally lost sticking the XB1 in the middle.

This works well for Joe Blow that just has a single Cable Box / other input and no AV Receiver Setup (i.e. using TV speakers) it doesn't work to well with a decent amount of equipment in a HT Setup.

That said it is probably a very large percentage of TVs w/ Game Consoles that do not have a HT setup.
    I'm right there with you on the complex home theater setup.

Couldn't you just run one of the Tivos through the XBox before it goes to the receiver? You wouldn't have to run everything through it just the TV signal. Then you run the XBox to the receiver and you're good to go. Receiver still does your switching and the only macro you have to change is to add the XBox to your TV macro.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post

Does your Receiver have ARC, Audio Return Channel?
    My TV has it, and that's how i get my audio from my TV apps out to the receiver. If you have ARC, your XB is hardwired through for passthrough, so, the XB1 will do ARC from it's own HDMI input and when it's off your XB1 will just passthrough physically.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Does your Receiver have ARC, Audio Return Channel?
    My TV has it, and that's how i get my audio from my TV apps out to the receiver. If you have ARC, your XB is hardwired through for passthrough, so, the XB1 will do ARC from it's own HDMI input and when it's off your XB1 will just passthrough physically.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately my Denon receiver was made in early 2010, a bit earlier in the same year that the HDMI 1.4 standard came into play, which is when ARC was added. It's only HDMI 1.3a capable, which is sufficient for everything I've needed up until now.

That said if the XB1 is HW for passthrough when powered off, then I'm satisfied and would be willing to route one of my TiVo's through it.

If I route this TiVo HD -> XB1 -> AV Receiver -> TV there's no need for ARC and I'd just use one HDMI input to my AV Receiver. Given that XB1 when off would be passthrough and when on would be able to drive the HDMI on it's own or supplement w/ the TiVo HD's feed.

This is one thing that always irritates me about just about every electronics manufacture. They almost never include the fine details that I want and need up front and end up leaving more questions on the table than answers.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Is the NFL/ESPN deal for USA only? I'm a big fan of the NFL and I have ESPN over here in the UK. I'm hoping this deal works for us too.

Thread Information