Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Master Guru
    Wrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,437
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    32,562 (0 Banked)
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

    RIME trailer has arrived!

    I'm in love with the music...




  2. Likes Morganator, Admartian likes this post
  3. #2
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    7,674 (0 Banked)
    So this is the direct feed version or something? Because I remember this not being new =D

    I don't think I'll be able to like this game since it's such a plagiarised version of ICO, SotC and TLG (I know it tries to hide it with a different theme and aesthetics, but still).

  4. #3
    Master Guru
    Wrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,437
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    32,562 (0 Banked)
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    So this is the direct feed version or something? Because I remember this not being new =D

    I don't think I'll be able to like this game since it's such a plagiarised version of ICO, SotC and TLG (I know it tries to hide it with a different theme and aesthetics, but still).
    Yeah, it really looks a whole lot like ICO (especially the at the end of the trailer where the protagonist defends himself against shadow beasts with a stick).

    But maybe that's a GOOD thing (given that Last Guardian will probably never see the light of day).



  5. #4
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    7,674 (0 Banked)
    I'm not worried about The Last Guardian. I'm sure it'll release any time now.

  6. #5
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,863
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    20,540 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's like ICO and Journey combined. Loving the trailer. Will most likely get the game too.

  7. #6
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,539
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    55,120 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    It's like ICO and Journey combined. Loving the trailer. Will most likely get the game too.
    My thoughts exactly.


  8. #7
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,336
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    824 (0 Banked)
    It looks beautiful in all honesty. I definitely see the resemblance to ICO and SITC but I don't think that fact will deter me from giving this game a shot.

  9. #8
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    793
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    5,855 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    So this is the direct feed version or something? Because I remember this not being new =D

    I don't think I'll be able to like this game since it's such a plagiarised version of ICO, SotC and TLG (I know it tries to hide it with a different theme and aesthetics, but still).
    Apparantly only FPS and just about every car game can plagiarize...but as soon as we get a game like PSBR or this game that has similarities to something else than by ALL means its a rip off and shouldn't be played. Game has a great art direction and seems to have a compelling universe and hopefully a great story. People that enjoy these types of games should enjoy this. Because by all means ICO or SotC should be be the only thing ever played again....we aren't allowed as gamers to try a new game that might be similar in style...we have those...and we should never have another....EVER!

  10. #9
    Forum Elder
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    13,812 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    The music has a bit of a Braveheart like-flourish in there.

    I love it.

  11. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
  12. #10
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    26
    Points
    84,666 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Apparantly only FPS and just about every car game can plagiarize...but as soon as we get a game like PSBR or this game that has similarities to something else than by ALL means its a rip off and shouldn't be played. Game has a great art direction and seems to have a compelling universe and hopefully a great story. People that enjoy these types of games should enjoy this. Because by all means ICO or SotC should be be the only thing ever played again....we aren't allowed as gamers to try a new game that might be similar in style...we have those...and we should never have another....EVER!
    Yup and on top of that there's so little known about the game, for all we know when we actually play the game the experience and gameplay will be completely different from ICO

    Edit-Cute playing dislike tennis Kung
    Last edited by MartyRules; 09-05-2013 at 17:40.

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  13. Likes Merchant likes this post
  14. #11
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    7,674 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Apparantly only FPS and just about every car game can plagiarize...but as soon as we get a game like PSBR or this game that has similarities to something else than by ALL means its a rip off and shouldn't be played. Game has a great art direction and seems to have a compelling universe and hopefully a great story. People that enjoy these types of games should enjoy this. Because by all means ICO or SotC should be be the only thing ever played again....we aren't allowed as gamers to try a new game that might be similar in style...we have those...and we should never have another....EVER!
    Lol. So which FPS are you refering to specifically? Because while people throw around "cod copy this" and "cod copy that", it doesn't really mean anything. Because battlefield sure ain't like it, which other games are like it? Besides, cod copied counter-strike with its simple game mechanics on small maps. And COD is the only game that copied counter-strike, no other FPS did.

    Also, what's with this forum having so many people with low reading comprehension and high insecurity? If you had reading comprehension, you wouldn't have to write that long ass butthurt post. I was so $#@!ing obviously not targeting anyone whatsoever, and I definitely wasn't telling anyone not to enjoy this game.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 09-04-2013 at 19:53.

  15. #12
    Superior Member
    INFAMOUS8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    1,821 (0 Banked)
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    Lovely

  16. #13
    Apprentice
    XtraTrstrL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    4,813 (0 Banked)
    Really loving the feel of this game so far.

  17. #14
    Superior Member
    Flumbooze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    1,663 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Lol. So which FPS are you refering to specifically? Because while people throw around "cod copy this" and "cod copy that", it doesn't really mean anything. Because battlefield sure ain't like it, which other games are like it? Besides, cod copied counter-strike with its simple game mechanics on small maps. And COD is the only game that copied counter-strike, no other FPS did.

    Also, what's with this forum having so many people with low reading comprehension and high insecurity? If you had reading comprehension, you wouldn't have to write that long ass butthurt post. I was so $#@!ing obviously not targeting anyone whatsoever, and I definitely wasn't telling anyone not to enjoy this game.
    This is the second member with low reading comprehension... Huh, maybe something's wrong with what you write?

    He wasn't butthurt, he was just amazed at how narrowminded your post was.

  18. Likes Merchant likes this post
  19. #15
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    7,674 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    This is the second member with low reading comprehension... Huh, maybe something's wrong with what you write?
    Or maybe both of you just happen to have bad reading comprehension skills?

    He wasn't butthurt
    Pretty $#@!ing sure he was butthurt. Like I've already said, I never told anyone to ditch this game. If he could comprehend that, he wouldn't have to indirectly accuse me of telling people to do so.

  20. #16
    Superior Member
    Flumbooze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    1,663 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Or maybe both of you just happen to have bad reading comprehension skills?



    Pretty $#@!ing sure he was butthurt. Like I've already said, I never told anyone to ditch this game. If he could comprehend that, he wouldn't have to indirectly accuse me of telling people to do so.
    He was talking in general and he was mocking what you wrote. If you take that as an accusation, then maybe you're not the best reader either.

  21. #17
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    2,027 (0 Banked)
    "Lol. So which FPS are you refering to specifically? Because while people throw around "cod copy this" and "cod copy that", it doesn't really mean anything. Because battlefield sure ain't like it, which other games are like it? Besides, cod copied counter-strike with its simple game mechanics on small maps. And COD is the only game that copied counter-strike, no other FPS did".
    LOL? Same gameplay with other FPS where you point a (+) to kill a "graphical 3D image" of a person.

    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    So this is the direct feed version or something? Because I remember this not being new =D

    I don't think I'll be able to like this game since it's such a plagiarised version of ICO, SotC and TLG (I know it tries to hide it with a different theme and aesthetics, but still).
    If my "reading comprehension" is right, the bolded text means that you won't like the game because it has similar art, gameplay (probably) with ICO, SotC and TLG.

  22. #18
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Loving the art direction here. ICO was indeed on my mind when watching that as Wrath had mentioned.

  23. #19
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,153
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    14,377 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    So this is the direct feed version or something? Because I remember this not being new =D

    I don't think I'll be able to like this game since it's such a plagiarised version of ICO, SotC and TLG (I know it tries to hide it with a different theme and aesthetics, but still).
    99% of games out there are copies of something and something else. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy them for what they are.


  24. Likes Merchant likes this post
  25. #20
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    7,674 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by neogenesus View Post
    "Lol. So which FPS are you refering to specifically? Because while people throw around "cod copy this" and "cod copy that", it doesn't really mean anything. Because battlefield sure ain't like it, which other games are like it? Besides, cod copied counter-strike with its simple game mechanics on small maps. And COD is the only game that copied counter-strike, no other FPS did".
    LOL? Same gameplay with other FPS where you point a (+) to kill a "graphical 3D image" of a person.
    Really? You considering that plagiarising? Wow...

    If my "reading comprehension" is right, the bolded text means that you won't like the game because it has similar art, gameplay (probably) with ICO, SotC and TLG.
    Yes? And? Doesn't change the fact that you can't comprehend a text. Because you were basically implying that I was telling people to ditch this game, which I wasn't. All I said was that I (which means me personally) can't enjoy a game that's a blatant copy of 3 different games created by the same person. In the end it has next to 0 originality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    He was talking in general and he was mocking what you wrote. If you take that as an accusation, then maybe you're not the best reader either.
    Go away. Shoo.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 09-07-2013 at 14:43.

  26. #21
    Superior Member
    Flumbooze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    1,663 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Really? You considering that plagiarising? Wow...
    No, he said CoD is copying some stuff, which isn't exactly plagiarising.

    Yes? And? Doesn't change the fact that you can't comprehend a text. Because you were basically implying that I was telling people to ditch this game, which I wasn't. All I said was that I (which means me personally) can't enjoy a game that's a blatant copy of 3 different games created by the same person. In the end it has next to 0 originality.
    You can tell that just from one 1 minute trailer? Wow.

    Go away. Shoo.
    That's not why I'm on this forum.

  27. Likes Merchant likes this post
  28. #22
    Elite Member
    Merchant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,512
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    2,743 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Really? You considering that plagiarising? Wow...
    And you are accusing others of poor reading comprehension? Read that post again. It is not saying what you think it is saying.

  29. #23
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    7,674 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    And you are accusing others of poor reading comprehension?
    Wow, facepalm. You clearly also don't have good reading comprehension. I guess I already knew after all your spammed post likes. I know what he meant, I don't need to read it again.

    Really? You considering that plagiarising? Wow...
    No, he said CoD is copying some stuff, which isn't exactly plagiarising.
    yes, I know. And your point is? I myself brought the fact that COD copied counter-strike to attention. It doesn't change the fact that RIME is plagiarising Ueda's work in basically every single aspect except the aesthetics. Even some of the aesthetics are exactly the same.

  30. #24
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This game looks really cool. I definitely want to play it.

  31. #25
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    872
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    2,273 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    The music has a bit of a Braveheart like-flourish in there.

    I love it.
    same here redorb!!! i got chills from it! it looks like ico and prince of persia vibe to me, and i'll def check it out if i can!



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.