Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

RIME trailer has arrived!

I'm in love with the music...

2. Likes Morganator, Admartian likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    So this is the direct feed version or something? Because I remember this not being new =D

I don't think I'll be able to like this game since it's such a plagiarised version of ICO, SotC and TLG (I know it tries to hide it with a different theme and aesthetics, but still).

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    So this is the direct feed version or something? Because I remember this not being new =D

I don't think I'll be able to like this game since it's such a plagiarised version of ICO, SotC and TLG (I know it tries to hide it with a different theme and aesthetics, but still).
    Yeah, it really looks a whole lot like ICO (especially the at the end of the trailer where the protagonist defends himself against shadow beasts with a stick).

But maybe that's a GOOD thing (given that Last Guardian will probably never see the light of day).

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I'm not worried about The Last Guardian. I'm sure it'll release any time now.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's like ICO and Journey combined. Loving the trailer. Will most likely get the game too.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    It's like ICO and Journey combined. Loving the trailer. Will most likely get the game too.
    My thoughts exactly.

Forum Sage

It looks beautiful in all honesty. I definitely see the resemblance to ICO and SITC but I don't think that fact will deter me from giving this game a shot.

Superior Member

Apparantly only FPS and just about every car game can plagiarize...but as soon as we get a game like PSBR or this game that has similarities to something else than by ALL means its a rip off and shouldn't be played. Game has a great art direction and seems to have a compelling universe and hopefully a great story. People that enjoy these types of games should enjoy this. Because by all means ICO or SotC should be be the only thing ever played again....we aren't allowed as gamers to try a new game that might be similar in style...we have those...and we should never have another....EVER!

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    The music has a bit of a Braveheart like-flourish in there.

I love it.

11. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Apparantly only FPS and just about every car game can plagiarize...but as soon as we get a game like PSBR or this game that has similarities to something else than by ALL means its a rip off and shouldn't be played. Game has a great art direction and seems to have a compelling universe and hopefully a great story. People that enjoy these types of games should enjoy this. Because by all means ICO or SotC should be be the only thing ever played again....we aren't allowed as gamers to try a new game that might be similar in style...we have those...and we should never have another....EVER!
    Yup and on top of that there's so little known about the game, for all we know when we actually play the game the experience and gameplay will be completely different from ICO

Edit-Cute playing dislike tennis Kung
    Last edited by MartyRules; 09-05-2013 at 17:40.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

13. Likes Merchant likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Lol. So which FPS are you refering to specifically? Because while people throw around "cod copy this" and "cod copy that", it doesn't really mean anything. Because battlefield sure ain't like it, which other games are like it? Besides, cod copied counter-strike with its simple game mechanics on small maps. And COD is the only game that copied counter-strike, no other FPS did.

Also, what's with this forum having so many people with low reading comprehension and high insecurity? If you had reading comprehension, you wouldn't have to write that long ass butthurt post. I was so $#@!ing obviously not targeting anyone whatsoever, and I definitely wasn't telling anyone not to enjoy this game.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 09-04-2013 at 19:53.

Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    Lovely

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Really loving the feel of this game so far.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Lol. So which FPS are you refering to specifically? Because while people throw around "cod copy this" and "cod copy that", it doesn't really mean anything. Because battlefield sure ain't like it, which other games are like it? Besides, cod copied counter-strike with its simple game mechanics on small maps. And COD is the only game that copied counter-strike, no other FPS did.

Also, what's with this forum having so many people with low reading comprehension and high insecurity? If you had reading comprehension, you wouldn't have to write that long ass butthurt post. I was so $#@!ing obviously not targeting anyone whatsoever, and I definitely wasn't telling anyone not to enjoy this game.
    This is the second member with low reading comprehension... Huh, maybe something's wrong with what you write?

He wasn't butthurt, he was just amazed at how narrowminded your post was.

18. Likes Merchant likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    This is the second member with low reading comprehension... Huh, maybe something's wrong with what you write?
    Or maybe both of you just happen to have bad reading comprehension skills?

He wasn't butthurt
    Pretty $#@!ing sure he was butthurt. Like I've already said, I never told anyone to ditch this game. If he could comprehend that, he wouldn't have to indirectly accuse me of telling people to do so.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Or maybe both of you just happen to have bad reading comprehension skills?

Pretty $#@!ing sure he was butthurt. Like I've already said, I never told anyone to ditch this game. If he could comprehend that, he wouldn't have to indirectly accuse me of telling people to do so.
    He was talking in general and he was mocking what you wrote. If you take that as an accusation, then maybe you're not the best reader either.

"Lol. So which FPS are you refering to specifically? Because while people throw around "cod copy this" and "cod copy that", it doesn't really mean anything. Because battlefield sure ain't like it, which other games are like it? Besides, cod copied counter-strike with its simple game mechanics on small maps. And COD is the only game that copied counter-strike, no other FPS did".
    LOL? Same gameplay with other FPS where you point a (+) to kill a "graphical 3D image" of a person.

If my "reading comprehension" is right, the bolded text means that you won't like the game because it has similar art, gameplay (probably) with ICO, SotC and TLG.

Soldier 95B
    Loving the art direction here. ICO was indeed on my mind when watching that as Wrath had mentioned.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style

99% of games out there are copies of something and something else. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy them for what they are.

24. Likes Merchant likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by neogenesus View Post
    "Lol. So which FPS are you refering to specifically? Because while people throw around "cod copy this" and "cod copy that", it doesn't really mean anything. Because battlefield sure ain't like it, which other games are like it? Besides, cod copied counter-strike with its simple game mechanics on small maps. And COD is the only game that copied counter-strike, no other FPS did".
    LOL? Same gameplay with other FPS where you point a (+) to kill a "graphical 3D image" of a person.
    Really? You considering that plagiarising? Wow...

If my "reading comprehension" is right, the bolded text means that you won't like the game because it has similar art, gameplay (probably) with ICO, SotC and TLG.
    Yes? And? Doesn't change the fact that you can't comprehend a text. Because you were basically implying that I was telling people to ditch this game, which I wasn't. All I said was that I (which means me personally) can't enjoy a game that's a blatant copy of 3 different games created by the same person. In the end it has next to 0 originality.

Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    He was talking in general and he was mocking what you wrote. If you take that as an accusation, then maybe you're not the best reader either.
    Go away. Shoo.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 09-07-2013 at 14:43.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    No, he said CoD is copying some stuff, which isn't exactly plagiarising.

Yes? And? Doesn't change the fact that you can't comprehend a text. Because you were basically implying that I was telling people to ditch this game, which I wasn't. All I said was that I (which means me personally) can't enjoy a game that's a blatant copy of 3 different games created by the same person. In the end it has next to 0 originality.
    You can tell that just from one 1 minute trailer? Wow.

Go away. Shoo.
    That's not why I'm on this forum.

27. Likes Merchant likes this post
    Elite Member
    Items User name style
    And you are accusing others of poor reading comprehension? Read that post again. It is not saying what you think it is saying.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    And you are accusing others of poor reading comprehension?
    Wow, facepalm. You clearly also don't have good reading comprehension. I guess I already knew after all your spammed post likes. I know what he meant, I don't need to read it again.

No, he said CoD is copying some stuff, which isn't exactly plagiarising.
    yes, I know. And your point is? I myself brought the fact that COD copied counter-strike to attention. It doesn't change the fact that RIME is plagiarising Ueda's work in basically every single aspect except the aesthetics. Even some of the aesthetics are exactly the same.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This game looks really cool. I definitely want to play it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    The music has a bit of a Braveheart like-flourish in there.

I love it.
    same here redorb!!! i got chills from it! it looks like ico and prince of persia vibe to me, and i'll def check it out if i can!

Thread Information