Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nice indeed, i am turing to enjoy this game again and might pick it up when the 360 version comes out
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSN ID
    Xaivion5D
    can't decide if i want to buy for 360 when it comes out, or to wait until i get my ps4..either way this video sets the purchase in stone
    stay aware | pineal gland | consciousness

Elite Member
    PS4 version for me as im saved up!!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    Can't wait for this game, however I hope that you can turn the multiplayer off. I see it getting annoying after awhile, no matter how cool it is.
    Contributing Writer @ PSU | Amateur Games Journalist | Internet Media Guy

Tumblr Blogs: Josh Likes Games | Coffee and Controllers | Follow me on Twitter
    Spooky Mobley's Conspiracy Corner | Pixel Power Art

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    I was excited for this game from the start, but now that they hype has kinda died of for me, I realised that this game will probably be pretty short and repetitive, all the AC games were. But this is still a great game!

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    The ending was pretty sweet, looks like you can be pretty clever with this game

Elite Member
    Already been posted.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmobley View Post
    Can't wait for this game, however I hope that you can turn the multiplayer off. I see it getting annoying after awhile, no matter how cool it is.
    I was hoping that as well. I'd hate to have to play disconnected to the PSN just to play the single player.

A few other things disappointed me as well.

Pedestrians weren't phased at all when he started running around with his pistol within that security gate. There was a group of people with some faced his way, so they should have reacted or at least acknowledged that there was a guy with a gun running around.

Then, nobody reacted at all to the explosions or gunfire other than the guards. He left that area and everyone was casually walking around without a care in the world.

Also when he did the optional saving of the woman, when the person starting running away he said that the guys' actions will be unpredictable. Then skip a minute into the chase and the player is predicting the route the bad guy will take through that fence. I don't think it's a case of having it scripted just for demo sake, but rather it's scripted the same way that GTA chase missions are (which was going to be a nice thing to get away from).

I'm still excited about the game, but just a little less so than before.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I am looking forward to the single player and exploring the city and hacking the $#@! out of it...
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

10. Likes sterritt likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    Already been posted.
    Thanks for letting me know. I missed it. Found it, and reported this thread to be merged.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...meplay-footage

Finally You Are Free
    Threads merged for et al's convenience.

Master Sage
    Gamersyde has it up now.
    Hopefully doesn't have that ugly blur seen on the youtube version...

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_14_min...-14579_en.html

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I heard that you can go beyond the limits of the city, now that is really interesting

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmobley View Post
    I saw an interview where they said people could come in your game "if you allow it"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I guess i could let that happen, when i get the game

It would make things extremely interesting

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I've been watching the video some more, it's filling the hunger I have for GTA:V gameplay, and I just can't stop thinking about the lack of NPC reaction to the player (during the first gunfight you can see people walking outside the fence, unaware of the gunshots or explosion). Other things just don't make sense. Forklift moving equals distraction, mechanical lift raising equals nothing. Also a guy almost getting hit by a car at the beginning of the chase doesn't even flinch, nor does he seem interested in what's going on behind him.

That's all in the first 6:30.

I'm still definitely interested in getting the game, but I hope those things are fixed. It really shouldn't be too hard.

And good to hear you can turn off the ability to have people jump into your game.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I've been watching the video some more, it's filling the hunger I have for GTA:V gameplay, and I just can't stop thinking about the lack of NPC reaction to the player (during the first gunfight you can see people walking outside the fence, unaware of the gunshots or explosion). Other things just don't make sense.
    They're probably used to it since it was a suburb

That said, he passes the people so fast that it's hard to see their reactions. I don't think people realise that quickly that he carries a gun.
    Last edited by Flumbooze; 09-07-2013 at 13:26.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I am hoping you can spend money on other things and it does not become useless

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    They're probably used to it since it was a suburb

That said, he passes the people so fast that it's hard to see their reactions. I don't think people realise that quickly that he carries a gun.
    It's about 3:20 in you see him with the gun and a group of people on the other side of the fence. When he takes out the guard it's also in view of those people.

I think they're trying to keep what happens in the ctOS Control Center limited to that area. With that in mind it makes sense that nobody outside the gates react to what is happening, but it really kills immersion and takes out some of the feel of being a true open world game (and I remember people having that fear when the game was first announced, and then again when the first non-E3 gameplay footage was almost the exact same of the E3 gameplay footage).

I admit it's a bunch of nit-picking. But like I said, it's not something that's going to keep me from picking up the game and it might just be me having high expectations.

claud3's post... the first time I heard you could hack bank accounts I wanted to hack a rich person's bank account and transfer money to someone in need and see the effects. Like maybe they were going to commit a crime in order to earn some money but now they won't.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Ah, right, I thought you were talking about when he was chasing that one guy. I see what you mean now, you're right.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    It's about 3:20 in you see him with the gun and a group of people on the other side of the fence. When he takes out the guard it's also in view of those people.

I think they're trying to keep what happens in the ctOS Control Center limited to that area. With that in mind it makes sense that nobody outside the gates react to what is happening, but it really kills immersion and takes out some of the feel of being a true open world game (and I remember people having that fear when the game was first announced, and then again when the first non-E3 gameplay footage was almost the exact same of the E3 gameplay footage).

I admit it's a bunch of nit-picking. But like I said, it's not something that's going to keep me from picking up the game and it might just be me having high expectations.

claud3's post... the first time I heard you could hack bank accounts I wanted to hack a rich person's bank account and transfer money to someone in need and see the effects. Like maybe they were going to commit a crime in order to earn some money but now they won't.
    Unfortunately we're faaar away from having the level of AI that we want to get a 100% immersion >.<

23. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Hacking accounts is all well and good and getting rich, but what then

Besides weapons and ?, you see after weapons what else do you spend the money on

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Unfortunately we're faaar away from having the level of AI that we want to get a 100% immersion >.<
    Yea, that's what I was saying with high expectations. I want next-next-next gen to be here.

I remember all the way back to San Andreas hoping that each NPC had their own life. They will drive into a homes driveway and park but that's about as far as it goes. I want Sims but merged with a GTA style game.

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Hacking accounts is all well and good and getting rich, but what then

Besides weapons and ?, you see after weapons what else do you spend the money on
    I'm interested to hear what they have in mind. The announcer talks about the economy playing a big part but then only mentions weapons and tools. And from what I've seen this game isn't similar to GTA in that you won't find yourself buying homes or businesses.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if money was almost worthless to your character. At the end it shows things like skills for vehicles, investigations and ATM hacking. They might be going for satisfaction in upgrading your character rather than from gaining money (which with ATM hacking, sounds like it would be easy to gain money).

26. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    true.. But they might limit the stealing off money to a few 1,000 or 100,000 when you can get into the bigger and harder hacking... And that means more powerful weapons and advance skills you buy etc...

28. Likes ttech10 likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    true.. But they might limit the stealing off money to a few 1,000 or 100,000 when you can get into the bigger and harder hacking... And that means more powerful weapons and advance skills you buy etc...
    Yea that's true. Plus weapons may get extremely expensive. The ones they showed went up to $20,000 and there seems to be bio-metric weapons, which would likely be a huge increase from the regular weapons.

Maybe they'll even have it to where the ctOS system can recognize something happening with a certain ATM (multiple high dollar withdrawals) and lock that one down for a time.

30. Likes claud3 likes this post

Thread Information