Latest PSU headlines:

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat

Jack Nicholson Retires from Acting

He’ll still sit court side at Los Angeles Lakers’ games, but Hollywood legend Jack Nicholson has quietly retired from the movie business, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.The 76-year-old icon has no plans to appear in films again after a career spanning five decades.
    “Jack has — without fanfare — retired,” a well-placed Hollywood film insider confirmed to Radar.
    “There is a simple reason behind his decision — it’s memory loss. Quite frankly, at 76, Jack has memory issues and can no longer remember the lines being asked of him.
    The three-time Academy Award winner has not worked sinceHow Do You Know in 2010 starring Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd and Owen Wilson.“His memory isn’t what it used to be.”
    Tellingly, producers for the forthcoming film Nebraska had wanted him to play the key role of an aging, booze-addled father who makes the trip from Montana to Nebraska with his estranged son in order to claim a million dollar Mega Sweepstakes Marketing prize.
    The role ultimately went to Bruce Dern, after Nicholson advised the filmmakers that he was not interested, the source said.
    The New Jersey-native made his film debut in a low-budget teen drama The Cry Baby Killer, in 1958, playing the title role.Nicholson began his Hollywood career in the 1950s, first working as a gofer for animation legends William Hanna and Joseph Barbera at the MGM cartoon studio. He left soon after to pursue his dream to star on screen.
    He’s best remembered for his Academy Award winning roles as Best Actor for One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and for As Good as It Gets. He also won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the 1983 filmTerms of Endearment.
    Nicholson has been nominated for a record-setting 12 Oscars, eight for Best Actor and four for Best Supporting Actor, making him the most nominated male actor in Academy Awards history.
    “He’s not retiring from public life, at all. He just doesn’t want a tribute,” added the insider. “He’s happy to tacitly join the retirees club like Sean Connery.”Jack has no intention of retiring from the limelight,” said the source, who noted his regular appearances on the Hollywood party circuit, court side at his beloved Lakers and his co-presentation of the Academy Award for Best Picture with First Lady Michelle Obama, earlier this year.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...s-from-acting/

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Gene Hackman
    Sean Connery
    and now Jack Nicholson..

What the $#@!.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Well it's understandable, he's getting on in age and he doesn't exactly need the money.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    He's had an incredible career, but I can completely understand. One of the best.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    More legends leaving and these $#@!ting twilight type actors are coming in and ruining movies

Sorry to see him retire, but it is understandable and after all. He has done so much and made an incredible mark on the industry

Bye JACK.NICHOLSON, will miss you on the silver screen
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    There are always negatives to focus on but there are still incredible young actors about. Look at the likes of Leonardo Dicaprio and Ryan Gosling.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    You know who I wouldn't care if they retired?

Robert DeNiro
    Al Pacino
    Adam Sandler
    Adam Sandler
    Adam Sandler

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    yeah and matthew mcconaugheeeeeeyyyy

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    You know who I wouldn't care if they retired?

Robert DeNiro
    Al Pacino
    Adam Sandler
    Adam Sandler
    Adam Sandler
    This.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Damn! This sucks. Many of my favorite movies are from him. At least he had the courtesy to bring us that amazing role in the Departed! Man he nailed that role.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    yeah and matthew mcconaugheeeeeeyyyy
    I wouldn't mind if he retired, but I'd miss him. He's actually been in some good films. Killer Joe and Lincoln Lawyer are some that come to mind. With Adam Sandler, he takes any script because it's just money to him. He doesn't give a $#@! about his credibility, which is why you see so many turds come out with him in them. He literally needs a great director to cast him in a movie for it to be good. Have you seen Punch Drunk Love by PT Anderson? That was an amazing script and an amazing movie. Adam Sandler was a great actor in it. And Funny People was good too. It was literally the fictional story of his actual life.

Remember Rob Scheinder? He did $#@!ty movies and now he's doing straight to dvd. Why can't Adam Sandler be straight to dvd? We can't have nice things in life.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Adam sandler can retire...$#@!in $#@! actor...

Elite Member
    Items BowserDoom
    Shia LaBeouf should retire IMO
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I wouldn't mind if he retired, but I'd miss him. He's actually been in some good films. Killer Joe and Lincoln Lawyer are some that come to mind. With Adam Sandler, he takes any script because it's just money to him. He doesn't give a $#@! about his credibility, which is why you see so many turds come out with him in them. He literally needs a great director to cast him in a movie for it to be good. Have you seen Punch Drunk Love by PT Anderson? That was an amazing script and an amazing movie. Adam Sandler was a great actor in it. And Funny People was good too. It was literally the fictional story of his actual life.

Remember Rob Scheinder? He did $#@!ty movies and now he's doing straight to dvd. Why can't Adam Sandler be straight to dvd? We can't have nice things in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Adam sandler can retire...$#@!in $#@! actor...
    I haven't seen those films but I'll have to check them out. I watched Billy Madison last night and it was utter bollocks

Thread Information