Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder

Xbox One pre-orders break all Microsoft records, more Day One Editions made available

Xbox One pre-orders have entered Microsoft history books, the firm has announced - according to vice-president of marketing, strategy and business Yusuf Mehdi, the firm has "sold out of our pre-order supply faster than at any other time in our history and we are on path to have the biggest launch of an Xbox ever".

Pre-orders in Europe are apparently up 200 per cent since Gamescom, during which Microsoft announced that all Xbox One pre-orders would receive a free download code for a copy of FIFA 14. The firm later changed its policy, however - the FIFA 14 offer only applies to the Day One Xbox One Edition, a commemorative pre-order exclusive that's sold for the same price as the standard edition - 429 or $499. Microsoft is making more Xbox One Day Editions available, following retailer shortages.

"As a result of this incredible consumer demand and the development progress on Xbox One, I am thrilled to share that today we are making available a limited number of additional Xbox One Day One consoles for pre-order," Mehdi added. "We have coordinated with our retail partners to make it easy for you to reserve your Xbox One today."

xbox-one-pre-orders-break-all-microsoft-records

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    This doesn't mean $#@! without some numbers behind it.

The 360 only had 400K units available at launch. No idea of what the pre-order numbers they had, I'm sure it would have been higher than this if they thought they could meet the production numbers (which they struggled w/ on the 360.)

Soldier 95B
    Great news. So great pre-orders, leading to great sales, and a $#@! ton of great games. Gonna be the best Xbox yet, no doubt. Hard to imagine it topping the 360, but it looks like we have another winner.

Dedicated Member
    Free Forza 5 FTW!
    PSN = prison_inmate

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Great news. So great pre-orders, leading to great sales, and a $#@! ton of great games. Gonna be the best Xbox yet, no doubt. Hard to imagine it topping the 360, but it looks like we have another winner.
    ??? You do realize that 360 had only 400K launch day units available total right? I don't see how it's hard to blow this out of the water. It can blow this out of the water and still be 1/2 of the PS4 launch day pre-orders. I don't know what the numbers are, but w/o numbers it really doesn't mean crap. "Show me the numbers - Jerry Maguire."

Soldier 95B
    ^Thanks for sharing about the PS4 launch, but we are discussing the success of the XBOX One launch here, which is breaking records and has an awesome game line up. We are looking forward to it!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Bo0m!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    ^Thanks for sharing about the PS4 launch, but we are discussing the success of the XBOX One launch here, which is breaking records and has an awesome game line up. We are looking forward to it!
    Point still stands, surpassing a $#@!ed up launch of the 360 does not necessarily make for a magically delicious launch of the XB1. I want numbers. Is this 500K? Is it 1M Units?

Because it says it's breaking MS's past records doesn't mean it's got Great Pre-order numbers like you've suggested. I wasn't sharing about the PS4 Launch, I was saying provide numbers like has been done with the PS4 so we can see how good this is. I really want to know how much traction the XB1 gained since the E3 announcement debacle.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    "than at any other time in our history" he says. lol

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    I want numbers, solid numbers. How MANY were pre-ordered MS? Give me a number.

8 years and counting!

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm guessing it's around 800k

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

12. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    I get that, but if we limit by such a large margin of what can and cannot be said in threads discussions will crumble. If we state all comparisons must be made in the PS vs. Xbox sub forum what is the point of everything else? I fail to see how a healthy discussion can continue and a thread build in length without comparisons.

If we compare the 360 pre-orders to the Xbox One it can truly show a dynamic of the increase or decrease in sales figures at launch. Would this be more proper then since we are comparing MS to MS? From the logic I am being presented it is OK to compare companies past consoles to current ones, but we are not allowed to compare the competition?

8 years and counting!

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Point still stands, surpassing a $#@!ed up launch of the 360 does not necessarily make for a magically delicious launch of the XB1. I want numbers. Is this 500K? Is it 1M Units?
    I agree, your point still stands for you. We prefer to keep this on topic and prevent threads here from getting off topic.

Because it says it's breaking MS's past records doesn't mean it's got Great Pre-order numbers like you've suggested.
    Looking back at my posts, I have never suggested any numbers. Are you maybe confusing this thread or these posts with someone elses posts?

Dedicated Member
    I agree, your point still stands for you. We prefer to keep this on topic and prevent threads here from getting off topic.

Looking back at my posts, I have never suggested any numbers. Are you maybe confusing this thread or these posts with someone elses posts?

I would say its more to do with your use of the suffix "Great" in connection to, pre-orders and sales, that could have lead people to assume you meant larger numbers. Words such as "Better" or "Improved" would cause less confusion and also allow room to adjust ones point of view once actual numbers become available.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I get that, but if we limit by such a large margin of what can and cannot be said in threads discussions will crumble. If we state all comparisons must be made in the PS vs. Xbox sub forum what is the point of everything else? I fail to see how a healthy discussion can continue and a thread build in length without comparisons. If we compare the 360 pre-orders to the Xbox One it can truly show a dynamic of the increase or decrease in sales figures at launch. Would this be more proper then since we are comparing MS to MS? From the logic I am being presented it is OK to compare companies past consoles to current ones, but we are not allowed to compare the competition?
    Agreed. And in another thread awhile back where people crying about PS4 being brought up one of the staff came in and said it was ok to bring up the competition in these type of threads. But I'm sure certain people from this section wouldn't mind PS4 being brought up in this thread if X1 preorders were ahead of the PS4. lol

Who is this "we" that youre always referring to? lol
    Last edited by PS4freak; 09-05-2013 at 21:29. Reason: Double post

YouTube Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Who is this "we" that youre always referring to? lol
    If you knew they would have to ban you.

8 years and counting!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    If you knew they would have to ban you.
    Its the PSU illuminati. lol

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    I would say its more to do with your use of the suffix "Great" in connection to, pre-orders and sales, that could have lead people to assume you meant larger numbers. Words such as "Better" or "Improved" would cause less confusion and also allow room to adjust ones point of view once actual numbers become available.
    Going by what MICROSOFT stated, maybe you should question their statement, not mine. I am going by what THEY stated.

"Xbox One pre-orders have entered Microsoft history books, the firm has announced - according to vice-president of marketing, strategy and business Yusuf Mehdi, the firm has "sold out of our pre-order supply faster than at any other time in our history and we are on path to have the biggest launch of an Xbox ever".

Pre-orders in Europe are apparently up 200 per cent since Gamescom, during which Microsoft announced that all Xbox One pre-orders would receive a free download code for a copy of FIFA 14. The firm later changed its policy, however - the FIFA 14 offer only applies to the Day One Xbox One Edition, a commemorative pre-order exclusive that's sold for the same price as the standard edition - 429 or $499. Microsoft is making more Xbox One Day Editions available, following retailer shortages.

"As a result of this incredible consumer demand and the development progress on Xbox One, I am thrilled to share that today we are making available a limited number of additional Xbox One Day One consoles for pre-order," Mehdi added. "We have coordinated with our retail partners to make it easy for you to reserve your Xbox One today."
    Nope, not seeing any numbers by me there either.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 09-05-2013 at 18:21.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Preorders up 200 percent compared to what? Gamescom? What were the preorders numbers at that time? I remember when Sony used to also use vague percentages regarding PS3 and I said the same thing in those threads. We need hard numbers to see how good this actually is.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-05-2013 at 18:36.

YouTube Editor
    If I said "Pre orders are up 200%.", it sounds great doesn't it? However, that statement can be very misleading. 200% looks and sounds great, but the important piece of information is what is the 200% being added onto? That is the number I want to know.

8 years and counting!

22. Likes on the rocks, mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Elder
    an expensive next gen console that has unprecedented demand for MS. says so much about the quality of the games that are coming to it.

Soldier 95B
    If I said "Pre orders are up 200%.", it sounds great doesn't it? However, that statement can be very misleading. 200% looks and sounds great, but the important piece of information is what is the 200% being added onto? That is the number I want to know.
    Yup, we all want numbers. We all want official sales numbers, game score numbers, pre-order numbers, launch numbers, and more numbers.

So anyway, I am beyond pumped that pre-orders are breaking all the Xbox history numbers. It shows that there is an increasing demand for gaming out there. The more gamers, the better. We want Xbox to succeed, so it's better that the numbers are up instead of down.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    How is asking for numbers and details on the specific topic and saying that without those details the statement is worthless actually going off topic? I wasn't the one making this a friggin console war, I simply want numbers. Otherwise based on the information we actually have it doesn't really mean $#@!. I want to see both consoles do well, it's good for the industry in general. I also want to see how well MS has recovered since E3 and the actual numbers gives me a much better idea than saying "We're crushing our old numbers - but hey, never mind the fact that those old numbers were pretty damn low because we had severe production problems on the 360 and would have had a lot higher numbers if we didn't have those production problems."

I didn't say you suggested specific numbers. I stated "Because it says it's breaking MS's past records doesn't mean it's got Great Pre-order numbers like you've suggested."

I said you suggested it had, I didn't say you gave specific numbers. Let me help you with where you made this implication.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    I said you suggested it had, I didn't say you gave specific numbers. Let me help you with where you made this implication.
    MS suggested it, not me. HTH.

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    I'll say the same thing I said in the thread claiming PS4 had higher preorders than the PS2 and PS3.

Hardly any companies were taking preorders for consoles last generation. Now it is hard to find a company that isn't doing the preorder thing.

Not to mention the numbers. The gamestop I got my PS3 from got 6 PS3s in stock launch day, and 10 Xbox 360s.
    This time they are getting 35 PS4s. (Probably more, since that was the number the day after E3)

Preorders being better than last gen mean nothing. It is completely expected.

28. Likes Cuguy likes this post

Thread Information