Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Nextgen too soon?!

Given the point in time we are at a part of me feels next gen is coming to fast, and the other part of me (who has had a pre-order since they started taking them) can't wait for the PS4 to arrive. On Tuesday I grabbed my copy of Diablo 3 and began replaying a great game on my PS3. I look to the near future and see GTAV on the horizon followed by Beyond Two Souls, and more. So many great games on the horizon I am not sure if I will devote the time these titles rightfully deserve, and I will perhaps chuck them aside in order to harness everything the PS4 will provide.

Am I the only one who feels this way? In all honesty it pisses me off so many great PS3 titles are launching at or around the PS4 launch. $#@!.

8 years and counting!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I kind of wish it was coming next November, instead of this November.

We still got Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Dark souls 2 coming many months after PS4 launch.
    Thankfully I got room.. but it may be hard to go back, despite all the PS3 games I still have to play.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru

With GTA 5 coming I'm not planning on buying any next gen console for a while yet.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Friendship is Carrots
    Oh god no. I've been waiting for a sign of the next-generation since 2010. This has been the longest console generation in history, and I'm happy it's finally being put away for something new and exciting. That, and the aged consoles were seriously dragging back gaming technology as a whole.

5. Likes D3seeker likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    It may sound a bit sad and pathetic but when a new console arrives I hate going back to the previous instalment. I am also a neat freak, and having more than one console hooked up in my living room drives me bananas. However, in my "man cave" I currently have 11 consoles hooked to my TV.

But back on track, I feel with the PS4 release coming in 2 months time I will miss out on many great PS3 titles. In fact I see myself (since playing Diablo 3 for the near future seems more than likely) not concentrating on GTAV as much as I should be since the PS4 is right around the corner. In my opinion this can also hinder R* sales. I said from the beginning I wish GTAV was a PS4 launch title. Grrr....

8 years and counting!

Forum Sage

Too soon? 2 Years too late if you ask me

8. Likes Beast of Bourbon, berts08 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Too soon?

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

YouTube Editor
    Does anyone else feel with next gen coming in 2 months you will forget certain PS3 titles which will be released?

8 years and counting!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    There is still lots of great current gen games coming out well into next year, yeah.

But NO WAY. This gen has lasted at LEAST 2 years too long. New consoles are WAY overdue.

But no, I won't forget new PS3 titles. I do and will still have PS3 of course

Forum Sage

Not a problem to me. My excitement for next generation games outweigh the excitement i have for current generation games. Not a single game would stop me from moving to next generation.

YouTube Editor
    Don't get me wrong I am super excited for next gen, but I just know I will end up missing out on a few killer PS3 titles because of it. Hell just Diablo 3 alone could keep me busy for the next 4 months, easy.

8 years and counting!

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Not too soon at all. GTA5 and Beyond two souls are the last games I'm buying on my ps3.

I plan on picking up my ps4 when Infamous Second Sons is launched. I'll be keeping an eye on how every game turns out until then.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

15. Likes Justin likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    Given the release dates of certain PS3 titles over the next few months I would be more open to a PS4 launch in March instead of this November, but I do understand the need to get the PS4 out there this November. This gen has certainly been a long one.

8 years and counting!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Given the point in time we are at a part of me feels next gen is coming to fast, and the other part of me (who has had a pre-order since they started taking them) can't wait for the PS4 to arrive. On Tuesday I grabbed my copy of Diablo 3 and began replaying a great game on my PS3. I look to the near future and see GTAV on the horizon followed by Beyond Two Souls, and more. So many great games on the horizon I am not sure if I will devote the time these titles rightfully deserve, and I will perhaps chuck them aside in order to harness everything the PS4 will provide.

Am I the only one who feels this way? In all honesty it pisses me off so many great PS3 titles are launching at or around the PS4 launch. $#@!.
    That's basically it though! Other than Lightning Returns in January there is nothing else. This has been the longest generation yet and we are long overdue for a new set of consoles.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Nope not too soon at all. In fact I've been renting PS3 games rather than buying. When a new gen launches I move on and dont look back. And I'm playing Diablo 3 as well but will buy it for the PS4. http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/15/di...e-ps4-in-2014/
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-05-2013 at 14:21.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Like BBK, vince and mankind said the ps4 is way past due.
    I would've bought it 2 years ago even if they asked 600 bucks for it (again).

And rad is right, buying Ps3 games feels like a waste of money at this point.
    I'll keep my PS3 for my old games but once i've got a PS4 i'll probably never go back

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    That's basically it though! Other than Lightning Returns in January there is nothing else. This has been the longest generation yet and we are long overdue for a new set of consoles.
    Yeah, well there is Dark Souls II, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, and Tales of Xillia 2 due out next year that I plan to get, and Puppeteer and the new R&C this year. Plenty of stuff in the PS3 pipeline.. but doesn't mean I can't play a PS3 AND a PS4

21. Likes Justin likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I've been wanting for next gen since 2011 actually.

23. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    i stopped gaming from January as i lost interest and all the graphics started impressing me less and less. i now refuse to buy anything other than the GTA till the ps4 and xboxone come out.

but im not happy ive missed out and will miss on some games......

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Forum Sage
    All I want is for rockstar to stop screwing around with us and confirm or deny that they will bring GTA V to the X1/PS4.

I would be really pissed if I got it now and then they come out with a next gen console version within a year. I would also be really pissed if I waited a year (or more) for nothing.

But to answer the question in the OP, no this generation has been too long. The only reason it seems like it hasn't is because dev's are rushing to get out all their games for current platforms this year before the next gen consoles launch.

So people tend to feel that they don't have enough time to catch up with current games. I can only hope the next gen consoles have a more normal lifecycle than what we saw with the ps3/360.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    It's not too soon for next gen, but I won't be looking at it for at least a couple of years. Best thing with Sony, they support their older consoles even after releasing their new ones. Not to mention Namco seems to have no interest whatsoever in next gen, all their upcoming games are for PS360 and Vita/3DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    My PS3 will probably be played more than My PS4 for the first year and I've got many reasons, I'm still to play many many of the games i've bought on PS3 and I'm yet to finish many games, and with PS PLUS giving me more than I can currently handle there's more great games to come to PS PLUS on the PS3. AND AND ... there's absolutely no fighter games for PS4 (none announced either) and I'm a fighting game fanatic and it's unfortunate that BRANDX gets everything on launch day.

My PS3 will one day be retired to a home made arcade cabinet along with my Hori Arcade sticks that's where it will end up, I'm probably going to get plenty of use out of it for the next 4-5 years at least not all the time but casually here and there, when friends come around etc.

Sure there's going to be many many great PS4 games... looking forward to KillZone and Knack, but until they bring me next gen Dance Dance Revolution, TEKKEN and more platform games I'm going to be half excited about it..... I might sniff the console from all angles for the first 5 minutes I have it out of the box but then it just becomes a current system... just hope sony brings me more party games, why can only Nintendo do this ! I hope like hell we have a new singstar on the way and an eye toy 3 or something cool like that which we can utilise the new camera for.

Now the masses will hate My beloved game franchises but seriously for every hardcore gamer there's probably 5 casual gamers that don't play a single game they own.. My sister back in the day only played Singstar and GTA 3 (she liked singing and running people over) that's the simplistic fun the PS4 needs to provide.

with GTA 5 releasing soon the PS3 will get plenty of play time, I'm not buying it pretty much done with PS3 purchases forever... ever.... ever except for "Dragon's Crown" coming out in AUS next month (should've imported it oh well) and that's it..... PS PLUS is my only way of obtaining new titles.

think of it this way if sony bundles in a years PS PLUS membership with a PS3 console and say gives the consumer access to 5 games immediately Sony has provided supreme unmatched value for money and that will sell a console fast.

PS3 will more than likely outdo the life of PS2, the way it's made it's never going to leave you... it doesn't want you to put it to sleep.

I can honestly see Sony providing PS PLUS for PS3 for the next 3 years but imagine if they still offer PS PLUS for the next 6 that would be insane but would definitely live up to the 10 year promise it would be like 12 years of support .

Remember what Mr House said the PS3 will live beyond the life cycle of PS2 and PS4 will provide amazing entertainment experiences for the next decade and beyond.

PS4 will probably be the longest console cycle in history I can see the 8th or 9th year announcing a PS5
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    This generation has ran for far too long and while it will last a long time again, they had better do something mighty for the PS5. The current technology in R&D right now will, I feel, change the way PC components are going to be manufactured, in fact in the last 10 years technology has changed majorly and it is only speeding up more. I do wonder if there will be a console generation when a presumed PS6 arrives.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    These last 7 years of the PS3 felt a lot shorter than the 6 years of the PS2 for me.

Partly because as we get older, we have less time to pay attention to gaming, and probably partly because the development cycle for this generation has been so much longer, and thus we got a lot less games this generation with the 360/PS3 combined than we did with the PS2 alone, so it felt like this gen had to take longer just to get really underway.

I'm fine with the PS4 coming out but I have too massive backlog of PS3 stuff--and still games I need to get soon, for me to hop on that wagon anytime soon. I'll probably get a PS4 in 2015.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 09-07-2013 at 18:30.

30. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Do not think its to soon, just not for me yet
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information