Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

PSN ID
    uzair121
    im not buying next gen until gta v comes out on ps4

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by uzairshaz View Post
    im not buying next gen until gta v comes out on ps4
    So never then?

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

3. Likes DarkVincent07, Alpha2 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Given the point in time we are at a part of me feels next gen is coming to fast, and the other part of me (who has had a pre-order since they started taking them) can't wait for the PS4 to arrive. On Tuesday I grabbed my copy of Diablo 3 and began replaying a great game on my PS3. I look to the near future and see GTAV on the horizon followed by Beyond Two Souls, and more. So many great games on the horizon I am not sure if I will devote the time these titles rightfully deserve, and I will perhaps chuck them aside in order to harness everything the PS4 will provide.

Am I the only one who feels this way? In all honesty it pisses me off so many great PS3 titles are launching at or around the PS4 launch. $#@!.
    I think about how long ago PS3 came out...and how much has changed in my life over all the years the PS3 has been on the market. It's time for next gen, this generation was so long that I felt a lot of game series became stagnant and failed to improve as they hit the wall in what they could do, and instead just made the same experience with a new number on the cover.

It's great how many new games are still coming out, glad to experience a game like The Last of Us, a unique gem, but I'd rather see where the tech can take us. I don't wanna see a current gen Uncharted 4, GOW 4, Gears 4 or Halo 5.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Time has gone so fast it unbelievable . Feels like not that long ago when i brought my 60 GB PS3 which broke.Never the less i got heaps of stuff on my PS3 to play so i got all the time in the world to buy a next gen console.
    Playing - Tales of Hearts R,Persona 4 Golden,
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/

Forum Overseer

My guess is that Rockstart will not come out with next-gen version of GTAV for at least a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I can only hope the next gen consoles have a more normal lifecycle than what we saw with the ps3/360.
    I would expect an 8 year cycle moving forward.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    Time has gone so fast it unbelievable . Feels like not that long ago when i brought my 60 GB PS3 which broke.Never the less i got heaps of stuff on my PS3 to play so i got all the time in the world to buy a next gen console.
    Feels the opposite for me. It feels like the last year/year and a half has been so long. I personally was hoping they would have had these new consoles released last year but I guess 2 months isn't all that long to wait now we're here. It'll still feel like ages til I get a PS4 though.

Elite Guru
    There are plenty of people who feel like this next generation is coming too soon. With previous generations people started to notice a distinct drop off in big name titles just before the PS3 came along, granted a lot of developers were unsure where to lay their allegiance at first. Most japanese Developers who were unsure of the whole HD thing elected to stick with PS2 for a while but all that meant was that the period was loaded with a lot of niche japanese import titles and RPGs until some of them responded to MS flashing their giant wallet (but also of course Sony being 6 months late which led to them coming a year after the 360).

This time we have dozens of games that not only are already sitting in our collections that haven't gotten enough burn, but also a whole wave of new titles that only seem to be on the next gen consoles because they dont want to lose sales from wave of early adopters who wouldnt otherwise be able to buy the games on the old consoles because they'll likely trade them in for credit on the new systems. They may look slightly better on the new hardware but for the most part they're still the exact same games as their current gen counterparts.

Sony stated the PS3 to have a 10 year life cycle, Now I never expected it to mean that they'd wait to 2016 to release a new system, but, and I said this years ago when people were first doubting the 10 year plan (I'd even post a quote from myself if I had the patience to find it), if previous generation sony systems took about 2 years to die off completely after a new one was released, if they waited til (at earliest) fall 2015 it would give people a year to ween themselves off of this gen, allow the PS3 to burnout naturally, and allow people to be relatively excited for the next gen as developers put their full energy into it. Instead what happened was Nintendo, who'd been in "first place" (using the term lightly), feared losing their surprising lead with the Wii as the next generation started, so they jumped the gun (way too early) thinking all the casuals that had picked up their first Wii would follow them to the WiiU. Unfortunately none of them cared because they were casuals and if they did care then they would already have bought a PS3 or 360 and had no need of another Nintendo system that was only barely on par with the current gen PS3 and 360. MS was already in reactionary mode thinking that if Nintendo got the drop on them they'd be "second place" again, so they wanted to be out fast enough to combat a lead. When nintendo didn't get that lead they had time to relax, but they'd already committed to the impending next gen so it was coming no matter what which meant Sony was going to have to push up their time table too. So basically it's all Nintendo's fault, because if they'd waited maybe 6 or 7 months they might actually have a system that people would care about again.

Personally, between the lack of firm income right now in this horrible economy, the fact that Sony has gone to the dark side by asking for a subscription just to play online, and the fact that I still have dozens of PS3 games to complete that I havent even bought yet, this will probably be the first time I havent bought a sony system in it's first year.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    After watching the PS3 montage at E3 and again at the SCEJ conference, it destroys anything that the other consoles have on the way for me, there's much more variety and originality. I personally couldn't care less for AC4 or Watch Dogs which Sony are constantly shoving down our throats. Not into shooters or racers either (except a small few) and that's the majority of the lineup.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Ultimate Veteran
    well if u feel that next gen is comeing to fast dont buy a ps4 it sounds like u have plenty of ps3 games to keep u busy.
    for me the timeing is perfect. this gen last 7 years thats long enough and the ps4 should have came sooner

Ancient
    I been saying this since before the consoles was announced and was told I was crazy and current gen has been going on too long, and now we two months away from nextgen and the same people are saying its now too soon lol
    Just have both.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Ultimate Veteran
    I have also had my ps3 since launch nov 17.06 so the time is now

Forum Guru
    ~5 years would have been a close to the sweet spot.
    ~7-8 years for generation was way too long.

Generation change doesn't mean that one should drop the old machine, we saw amazing games on ps1 and ps2 long after the launch of new generation.
    Last edited by jlippone; 09-11-2013 at 12:46.
    -------
    Couple of nice blog posts about OpenGL.
    The Truth on OpenGL Driver Quality
    Things that drive me nuts about OpenGL

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by jlippone View Post
    ~5 years would have been a close to the sweet spot.
    ~7-8 years for generation was way too long.

Generation change doesn't mean that one should drop the old machine, we saw amazing games on ps1 and ps2 long after the launch of new generation.
    PS3 came out technically almost 7 years later. Due to rising costs and longer development times, I think the consoles may continue to have a longer cycle.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    PS3 came out technically almost 7 years later. Due to rising costs and longer development times, I think the consoles may continue to have a longer cycle.
    I agree, I don't mind the longer cycle and it does seem to benefit the nextgen consoles as people are hungrier for them and it may sound weird but I don't think we would have had great games like TLOU because of the nextgen transition would interrupt creativity in development and moved focus to the teething problems of New hardware, yes PS4 is easy to dev for But we won't get a game with that much put into it like TLOU in the early life of a console unless its a crossgen title, so I hope PS4 last as long as PS3 did.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I agree, I don't mind the longer cycle and it does seem to benefit the nextgen consoles as people are hungrier for them and it may sound weird but I don't think we would have had great games like TLOU because of the nextgen transition would interrupt creativity in development and moved focus to the teething problems of New hardware, yes PS4 is easy to dev for But we won't get a game with that much put into it like TLOU in the early life of a console unless its a crossgen title, so I hope PS4 last as long as PS3 did.

There will always be a TLOU, no matter how difficult or easy the hardware is to utilize...i mean, look at GTAV...insane.

But we might start seeing TLOUs and GTAVs of this generation much earlier...which is better for me. I'd rather see the consoles virtually maxed out within 3-4 years than later down the line. meaning, I would rather see it get to the point where the improvements are smaller increments in the end than large.

so we might see improvement due to engine changes but not due to coding inefficiencies...technically having a better engine also means that but there's only so much you can eventually do. i want the devs to be able to make engines that would virtually max out the consoles much earlier.

cross-gen titles are actually bleh...think about it, they're not good for either generation. BF4 is a little different but the reason why they're able to scale it so low on the PC (look at PC spec requirements for BF4) is because it was made for weak platforms as well.

the foundation will always be weak, they can add stuff to it but really, it's still a current gen title. I have no doubt in my mind that if they had made BF3 and 4 specifically for PS3/360, we would see better performance.

each time PC is involved, it is technically a cross-gen title. not a big fan.

PSN ID
    KLR09
    I was torn between wanting PS4 and wanting to stick to my PS3; then my PS3 broke...

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Alphabud311 View Post
    I was torn between wanting PS4 and wanting to stick to my PS3; then my PS3 broke...
    it was a sign from god.

19. Likes Justin likes this post

PSN ID
    markgrindcore
    Not too soon, not soon enough.

Thread Information