Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    he talks as if he knows everything about the ps4 customized hardware. Starting to sound like prereveal threads again.
    Lol why don't you share all your ps4 "customized" knowledge. We wait with baited breath.

Elite Guru

he talks as if he knows everything about the ps4 customized hardware. Starting to sound like prereveal threads again.
    Well you have done the same thing. :/
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Well, the need for speed devs said there will be a noticeable difference between the two, so. SHUT-UP PANTYHOSE!

Soldier 95B
    If this was Cerny it would be legit .

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Lol why don't you share all your ps4 "customized" knowledge. We wait with baited breath.
    I'm sure that "knowledge" will come in the form of a gif...lol

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    If this was Cerny it would be legit .
    He talks primarily of his own baby though. This guy sounds like he's designed and/or understands every nook, cranny, cravace, and nuance of both machines, almost out of nowhere, might I add. He also seems to have an attitude about it which doesnt help his case

7. Likes Demi_God , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Warframe developers, Avalanche, all the interviews with developers (I cannot even remember them all) praising the architecture.

If the Xbox One is so great, like Panello and legion are claiming, where's the proof? Where are the third party developers?

I'm not buying what this guy is selling. Xbox One might have something in the realm of a 10% CPU advantage from what scattered information we know, it has 6 less CU's half the ROP's and much fewer ALU's. It has a slightly higher clock rate.. It's using slower primary RAM well and simply. It has 32MB of ESRAM to use as a 'scratchpad' and in certain instances this may provide some nice advantages but at significant drawbacks which are clear.

The GPU power gap is significantly greater this generation then it was between PS3-->360. Much greater.

They use the same CPU's with the Xbox One, probably, having a 10% clock increase and perhaps whatever advantages its gaming portion of the SMART audio block grants it in audio processing (though the PS4 does have its own audio DSP).

The "Swizzlers"\DME are there in principle there to help with the ESRAM issues. Those don't grant magical powers that bridge a GPU gap.

I think the GPU gap will be big and it will rear its head much sooner than alot of people would prefer to admit.

Finally, as mentioned, Penello likes to claim "well there's stuff about our box people don't know!" while subtly implying everything about the PS4 is known and, apparently, found wanting in terms of efficiency.

That doesn't smell like cow manure to anyone?
    You have an assumption on how those parts work, just like everybody else. You have to gauge the entirety of a system on how it works and not just the CPU + GPU. You have CPU + GPU, ESRAM, MOVE ENGINES + 15 CO PROCESSORS SHAPE Audio etc, as well as a significant portion of tech that MS left out on purpose (possibly dGPU). Hell besides the esram every things else including the move engines and 15 co processors have coherent access to memory even the SHAPE audio which you can argue X1 having HSA+
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    He talks primarily of his own baby though. This guy sounds like he's designed and/or understands every nook, cranny, cravace, and nuance of both machines, almost out of nowhere, might I add. He also seems to have an attitude about it which doesnt help his case
    /thread

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

10. Likes Shingo likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    The fact that you legitimately used the pr number of "15 coprocessors" really, really does your argument no favors. Btw? Both are APUs so the whole is greater then the sum of its parts mantra is a two way street. Panello is on the bloody payroll of MS. I don't trust him on this issue any more than I would Cerny coming out amd speaking specifically about xbox one vs ps4 hardware, though at least he's a bloody dev and engineer who was behind building the damn thing.

Elite Sage
    The fact that you legitimately used the pr number of "15 coprocessors" really, really does your argument no favors. Btw? Both are APUs so the whole is greater then the sum of its parts mantra is a two way street. Panello is on the bloody payroll of MS. I don't trust him on this issue any more than I would Cerny coming out amd speaking specifically about xbox one vs ps4 hardware, though at least he's a bloody dev and engineer who was behind building the damn thing.
    Nice to see this thread injected with some more common sense.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Even on what we know, the system does a lot of heavy lifting without employing the GPU or the CPU.
    Something that helps it tremendously, and it levels the playing field significantly.
    Anyone expecting 1.3tf vs 1.8tf to matter, better not be expecting things like sound or physics in their game.
    What's all this heavy lifting that it's doing? so far jack $#@! has been said about the Xbox One and it's so called "heavy lifting". lol
    Last edited by Demi_God; 09-06-2013 at 02:28.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Wait, hold up. Did you REALLY just quote the Misterxmedia rumor of the dGPU for your hardware rebuttal of my points?

Good God..

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/132131.html

You actually entertain that rumor? Really? Alright, I'm walking out of this thread.

15. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Guru

Nice to see this thread injected with some more common sense.
    Yes it is but we're still waiting on yours. :/

PSU Technical Advisor
    Yea, let me know when that 48 thread AMD CPU the Xbox One is packing finally shows up X2.

I will say one last thing to clarify my position: I'm not saying that the PS4 will 'literally be' 40-50% better on its games or whatever. What I am saying, though, is that the performance disparity will be obvious. You will see it.

I'm out.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    lmao that gorilla dipped!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    oh gross. People still think the Xbone is packing 2 GPU's in crossfire?

Elite Guru

Wait, hold up. Did you REALLY just quote the Misterxmedia rumor of the dGPU for your hardware rebuttal of my points?

Good God..

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/132131.html

You actually entertain that rumor? Really? Alright, I'm walking out of this thread.
    Multiple sites are reporting on that rumor.

http://wccftech.com/rumormicrosoft-x...cked-main-soc/

The biggest german PC-Gaming magazine published an article about the dGPU findings here:

http://pcgameshardware.de/Xbox-One-K...e-GPU-1086649/

http://www.developer-tech.com/news/2...ful-ps4-maybe/

PSU Technical Advisor
    http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/130334.html?page=2

But seriously, I'm out this time. You'd have to be high to believe this man.

Elite Guru

Yea, let me know when that 48 thread AMD CPU the Xbox One is packing finally shows up X2.

I will say one last thing to clarify my position: I'm not saying that the PS4 will 'literally be' 40-50% better on its games or whatever. What I am saying, though, is that the performance disparity will be obvious. You will see it.

I'm out.

That gif was perfect lmao!!!

Elite Sage

I'm out.
    That's exactly it. But they'll throw words in your mouth as if you said that we should expect 60fps vs 30fps and high end pc-like ps4 graphics vs wiiU-like xbone graphics.

It's to the point that I'm glad things are going the way they have been since the reveal of these consoles. It pisses some people off and there's not really a damn thing they can do about it but have hope that difference don't show up. I love it. Sue me
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 09-06-2013 at 02:59.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Warframe developers, Avalanche, all the interviews with developers (I cannot even remember them all) praising the architecture.
    Praising architecture isn't exactly indication of anything other than it's much easier it is than last gen.
    Which is the context in which Avalanche used it.
    If the Xbox One is so great, like Panello and legion are claiming, where's the proof? Where are the third party developers?
    Where are they on the Ps4.
    You confusing "thank god they didn't $#@! it up/make it complex like last time" with "this be the bees knees".

I have yet to hear one significant droplet of information about the differences between the two other than the cryptic message from NFS devs.
    Because they are the only ones who have even compared the two.

Have we heard form Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs, or any of the other multiplatform devs?

And whats Avalanches launch title again?

That's exactly it. But they'll throw words in your mouth as if you said that we should expect 60fps vs 30fps and high end pc-like ps4 graphics vs wiiU-like xbone graphics.
    I think that's reserved for Jonathon Blow.

Although, of course the Witness is coming to both these days, so he's back tracking a little .
    Last edited by mynd; 09-06-2013 at 03:22.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I think that's reserved for Jonathon Blow.

Although, of course the Witness is coming to both these days, so he's back tracking a little .
    I haven't heard from Blow since he and phil fish pissed off Marcus Beer lol

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I haven't heard from Blow since he and phil fish pissed off Marcus Beer lol
    He's always tweeting, which is annoying me, because the more I read his tweets the more I start to like him.
    He does need to learn to be a bit more reserved in his initial opinions of things however.

He is, a quintessential case of said PS4 hardware praise...

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Blow/st...92821602377728

4 days later..admits...

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Blow/st...53457898733570

Meh.

And remember all those people pointing to the Witness as proof of more than 5gb available in the PS4?

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Blow/st...65461765812224
    Last edited by mynd; 09-06-2013 at 03:40.

Superior Member
    That doesn't smell like cow manure to anyone?
    Why yes it does smell like a mountain of cow fecal mater. enough to cover the earth many times over.

i'd like to know how he knows the ps4 specs. whatever he's smoking, i want some!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Thread Information