Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    this guy can say whatever he wants to about the x1, because i know for a fact that it won't have the games that are on caliber that the ps4 will have.

this is just my totally biased opinion here. no use arguing semantics.
    Lol, I think you need to learn the definition of "fact".

@Ghost-Many have beliefs. This whole place runs on those. It ran on them last gen, nothing will change this gen. Don't expect any differences this time around. Short of one of these systems pissing all over the other which I understand most believe here.

Soldier 95B
    Holy mother $#@!ing $#@! people are pissed at how good the Xbox One has turned out. Now they are saying the Xbox makers don't know their own hardware, lol. $#@! HAS HIT FAN!

Fun to watch...as I boot up my machines in November baby!!!

I seriously doubt that MS would give 30 percent of power, advantage to PS4.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingSmile64 View Post
    I seriously doubt that MS would give 30 percent of power, advantage to PS4.

there is zero chance of that

Forum Elder
    Neither company gave anyone anything. These things are developed in secret.

Not to mention it was widely believed sony was only going to have 4 gigs of ram.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Which explains all the clock increases right?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Which explains all the clock increases right?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

no?

they have said that they realized they had enough cooling to compensate, so why not bump the clock?

oh yeah, i forgot, I know....

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Holy mother $#@!ing $#@! people are pissed at how good the Xbox One has turned out. Now they are saying the Xbox makers don't know their own hardware, lol. $#@! HAS HIT FAN!

Fun to watch...as I boot up my machines in November baby!!!
    and what makes albert think he knows everything about the ps4 hardware?

and that first part of your post leaves no doubt about your saltiness.

10. Likes VayMasters86, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    FYI im onto you members who are hell bent on killing any xbox one threads. This is your 1st warning to STOP otherwise i will invoke ghosts new rules. You know who are and i know who you are.

33x

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    and what makes albert think he knows everything about the ps4 hardware?

and that first part of your post leaves no doubt about your saltiness.

To be fair, he said there are things about both consoles we don't know... he never claimed to know everything about the PS4 hardware.

Superior Member
    insider sources? lets see the receipts!

Soldier 95B
    To be fair, he said there are things about both consoles we don't know... he never claimed to know everything about the PS4 hardware.
    I shouldn't have had to say that. He said exactly that in the video interview AND on Gaf.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    insider sources? lets see the receipts!
    disgraced.jpg

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    I shouldn't have had to say that. He said exactly that in the video interview AND on Gaf.
    exactly...

Superior Member
    so instead of a proof, you offer a gif?

smh

nice way to dodge the question

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    LMAO! Cool story bro. Like I already said this all started just because I posted a direct quote from AMD that you didnt like but couldn't dispute. So you got all upset about it and resorted to personal attacks on me. End of story. Even in your comment here that I have quoted youre still trying to bait me. lol And again spare us your unbiased gamer act. Its bs and you know it. Anyway, that being said its time for bed now so I really am out this time. Go easy on the salt now. Peace.
    Exactly. That's just the sort of stuff I was talking about when I said I knew what would happen if i had posted the article. I'm not baiting you nor did anyone bait you into posted that link. You know why you did it, and it's most likely not because you actually wanted to have a APU discussion. It's cool bro, no need to be so confrontational. I wasn't attacking you for your opinion, I was pointing out the different set of principles you now have. I'm done with this now. Feel free to have the last word if you please.

Yea, i do believe there is still plenty out there that we don't know about both consoles.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Why am i having to post this AGAIN?

FYI im onto you members who are hell bent on killing any xbox one threads. This is your 1st warning to STOP otherwise i will invoke ghosts new rules. You know who are and i know who you are.

Stop with the insults also

33x

STOP NOW
    Last edited by 33x; 09-06-2013 at 16:40.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    People DO understand that Microsoft has some of the smartest graphics programmers IN THE WORLD. We CREATED DirectX, the standard APIís that everyone programs against. So while people laude Sony for their HW skills, do you really think we donít know how to build a system optimized for maximizing graphics for programmers? Seriously? There is no way weíre giving up a 30%+ advantage to Sony. And ANYONE who has seen both systems running could say there are great looking games on both systems. If there was really huge performance difference Ė it would be obvious.

I get a ton of hate for saying this Ė but itís been the same EVERY generation. Sony claims more power, they did it with Cell, they did it with Emotion Engine, and they are doing it again. And, in the end, games on our system looked the same or better.
    First of all developing an API for graphics is about as opposite as you can get from optimizing for maximizing graphics for programmers. It's a layer of obfuscation that lets people that don't know the nitty gritty to be able to utilize the graphics engine at a major cost. There's a reason people develop their own graphics engines.

As for the games looking the same or better. I can't really say much about XBOX vs PS1 - I was 100% PC gaming at this time. But on the 360 vs PS3. As has been pointed out, when developers did it right, the graphics were far superior on the PS3. The problem with the PS3 was that the Cell was hard as $#@! to do it right without investing major development time upfront to learn and figure out how you can do it. So with multiplat's the majority of the time the focus was getting it right on the 360 and porting to be sufficient on the PS3. It's really too bad that it was hard as hell for most developers to get their heads wrapped around the Cell and get the most out of it.

This generation, the general architecture's are much more simple and similar to PC (not the same, but many of the same basic fundamentals are there.) It's not going to take near the same amount of efforts to utilize raw potential that these systems have. There will be different area's of focus to optimize - XB1 memory optimization to get the throughputs will be a challenge to say the least, PS3 offloading of physic's engines will be a challenge, etc. Many comparisons can be made, but they won't be as difficult as last generation, and they won't be as far apart in the overall development process.

The major point I'll agree on here is that we really don't know what magic the developers will be able to shake out of these architectures. But at this point, if I were to place a bet, I'm going with the higher horsepower engine, especially when the PIA development factor has been lifted by going with the APU.

21. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Exactly. That's just the sort of stuff I was talking about when I said I knew what would happen if i had posted the article. I'm not baiting you nor did anyone bait you into posted that link. You know why you did it, and it's most likely not because you actually wanted to have a APU discussion. It's cool bro, no need to be so confrontational. I wasn't attacking you for your opinion, I was pointing out the different set of principles you now have. I'm done with this now. Feel free to have the last word if you please.
    Wow. You really are salty. No, I was merely taking part in the discussion and provided a direct quote from AMD regarding this topic. If you want to read something more into that then go ahead. Youre being way too sensitive. And it wasnt my opinion but it was a direct quote from AMD that you didnt like hearing. On the previous page I gave Turn 10 and 343 respect as well as other positives but of course you convienently ignored that. As for my "change in principle" thats due to MS going a different direction that I dont like and Sony righting their wrongs and going a direction that I do like. And I find it laughable to see you keep mentioning that you didnt want to post this article because of the reaction considering how in the past (since you like bringing up the past) you used to bombard the PS3 sections with troll bait FUD articles from N4G and the like. And I'll be taking part in discussions in this section so get used to it. Or rather #deal with it. lol EDIT - I didnt see 3x other post since I just clicked reply on the quoted post. So I'm done. Back to the topic.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-06-2013 at 17:46.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Lol, I think you need to learn the definition of "fact".

@Ghost-Many have beliefs. This whole place runs on those. It ran on them last gen, nothing will change this gen. Don't expect any differences this time around. Short of one of these systems pissing all over the other which I understand most believe here.
    bad choice of words, how about in my sincere and honest opinion? it was 330 am lol!

Superior Member
    This article is dated Feb 28, only 8 days after the PS4 reveal and a full 3 months before the Xbox One reveal. AMD would not have been permitted to even mention the One or it's design. This article needs to be taken with a grain of salt due to the timing of the conversation in relation to the PS4 and One reveals.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Forum Elder
    Responding to Penello's words on Reddit, Microsoft's Larry Hryb said that his colleague was right.

"We have some of smartest programmers in the world working on Xbox One," Hryb said. "I am very much looking forward to the next few months (and beyond) as the truth comes out."
    microsoft_no_way_ps4_has_a_30_power_advantage_over _xbox_one

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That all depends on what month it was...lol
    Truth:fact
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 09-06-2013 at 22:31.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    This article is dated Feb 28, only 8 days after the PS4 reveal and a full 3 months before the Xbox One reveal. AMD would not have been permitted to even mention the One or it's design. This article needs to be taken with a grain of salt due to the timing of the conversation in relation to the PS4 and One reveals.
    Well its there in black and white straight from AMD. I'm sure they already knew what was in both systems that they put their components in. Time will tell I guess.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Well its there in black and white straight from AMD. I'm sure they already knew what was in both systems that they put their components in. Time will tell I guess.
    The Ps4 is an modified APU.
    The xbox one is a fully custom chip. Its not an APU.

It's pretty simple, and also a little bit more proof against those arguing we don't know what else Sony has in the CPU.

Last edited by mynd; 09-06-2013 at 23:30.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Ultimately the proof will be in the pudding and all that, bluster and fan talk regarding who has what power wont mean much if all the multiplats come out near identical.
    It will just be last gen all over again if that happens.

One of the reasons I ain't picking up anything day one, two, or three.
    You'll be picking up an Xbox One (probably a lot sooner than you are letting on.) That is my prediction. No doubt about it (well, maybe a little bit.)
    Last edited by sainraja; 09-06-2013 at 23:49.

Thread Information