Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    You'll be picking up an Xbox One (probably a lot sooner than you are letting on.) That is my prediction. No doubt about it (well, maybe a little bit.)
    Jeez, way to cover your butt, LOL.

I have so many games to complete, I wont even be deciding for some time, but I will be watching all the comings and goings and Digital foundries and lens of truths, and of course, all the stuff on here.

Should make the time go faster
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Jeez, way to cover your butt, LOL.

I have so many games to complete, I wont even be deciding for some time, but I will be watching all the comings and goings and Digital foundries and lens of truths, and of course, all the stuff on here.

Should make the time go faster
    haha, yes, no way I can be wrong now. Time will pass, guess we will see!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    haha, yes, no way I can be wrong now. Time will pass, guess we will see!
    These are all the games I've either made starts in or yet to start sitting on my shelf...

Red Dead Redemption, GTA 4, Batman AA, Batman AC, Doom 3 BFG, Borderlands 2, Splinter Cell:BL, Sleeping Dogs, Kingdoms of Amulur, Dark Sider, Dark Siders II, Dark Souls, Dead Space 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, XCOM:EU, Hitman Absolution, Bioshock Infinite, Assassins Creed 3, Deus Ex, Gears of War: Judgement, Castlevania, Halo Wars, Civilization, Forza Horizon, COD:Black Ops, COD:Black Ops 2, COD:MW3, LA Noire, Crackdown, DMC HD collection, Dead Rising 2, C&C Red Alert 3, Fallout New Vegas, Resident Evil 4.

Yeeeah it will be a while.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    You'll be picking up an Xbox One (probably a lot sooner than you are letting on.) That is my prediction. No doubt about it (well, maybe a little bit.)
    I cant picture mynd not buying an X1. lol

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    hahahaha warning about la noire....don't lock up the wrong person
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    These are all the games I've either made starts in or yet to start sitting on my shelf...

Red Dead Redemption, GTA 4, Batman AA, Batman AC, Doom 3 BFG, Borderlands 2, Splinter Cell:BL, Sleeping Dogs, Kingdoms of Amulur, Dark Sider, Dark Siders II, Dark Souls, Dead Space 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, XCOM:EU, Hitman Absolution, Bioshock Infinite, Assassins Creed 3, Deus Ex, Gears of War: Judgement, Castlevania, Halo Wars, Civilization, Forza Horizon, COD:Black Ops, COD:Black Ops 2, COD:MW3, LA Noire, Crackdown, DMC HD collection, Dead Rising 2, C&C Red Alert 3, Fallout New Vegas, Resident Evil 4.

I thought my backlog was bad!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I thought my backlog was bad!
    Some games Ive barely scratched the surface or haven't started, others I'm a fair way through, Forza Horizon, Castlevania, I've nearly finished.
    Batman AA I had done about 2/3 of when it first came out then my console got stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    hahahaha warning about la noire....don't lock up the wrong person
    I'm about half way through it I think, I can only ever give this game short burst, basically a murder at a time, it's just not a game that compels me to play the next mission. I think it would have done great as an episodic format. I literally play it like a TV episode, once a week per case, the last one I did was the one where the guy leads you form place to place leaving pages of text to various sites around LA.
    Last edited by mynd; 09-06-2013 at 23:59.

Forum Elder
    I can only play/concentrate on one game at a time.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    I can only play/concentrate on one game at a time.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    I used to be like that, then I had kids, something in me changed, now I cant play the same thing all the time, but can happily switch between games. Not just games, I spent an hour last night watching the start of movies (Hansel and Gretal get baked, Silent Hill) before I settled on one (now you see me).

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm about half way through it I think, I can only ever give this game short burst, basically a murder at a time, it's just not a game that compels me to play the next mission. I think it would have done great as an episodic format. I literally play it like a TV episode, once a week per case, the last one I did was the one where the guy leads you form place to place leaving pages of text to various sites around LA.
    I struggled to keep playing too. It felt like it was rushed. It wasn't really anything to do outside of missions. The ending of the game really pissed me off.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Forum Sage

I have tons to finish as well lol.....and I dunno if I would be able to wait (it does help that I won a $200 gift card which essentially makes the PS4 only $199.99 for me.)

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    I wonder if Albert PRenello and his team are already in this thread using their many alter egos...

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft, considering their association with the "Digital reputation management operatives" industry.

On a serious note... Why would a PR operative ever admit weakness in their product? Spinning negatives into positives is their whole raison d'Ítre, otherwise the product would speak for itself. The fact that he is PERSONALLY having to make these statements in that article is basically admitting xb.one is weak sauce and requires spinning. But hey, shills be shillin' right?

Dear PRenello.

You can't give up something that you don't possess... you never had the advantage... you never had the edge. The PS4 GPU is 50% more powerful, with more ACEs, ALUs, ROPs. You are trying to catch up... but you can't because your device's philosophy was wrong from the outset, therefore it was built for that purpose, your bets didn't pay off... your insincere attitude towards your customers was and is shameful and contemptuous, hence your $#@!ty Pre-orders.

Why aren't your engineers and developers talking about the system and how they shaped it? What was their design brief? Product philosophy?

You got BEAT fair and [ ] O /\ X

Stop whinging. Stop rolling your turd in glitter, stop throwing marketing money at gaming sites. Accept your limitations and throw money into creating dev studios with freedom to breathe, to create better games, get your studios making incredible varied games long term, be ambitious and consistent, don't leave your customers high and dry mid generation with kinect shovelware, in pursuit of platform royalties from third parties, with the odd halo here and there. Have some respect for the people who believe in your brand. Have some integrity.

Shut up. And do it.

Or you will see PS4 dominating like PS2 vs Xbox the 1st.

Or ignore everything i said... Please do not listen to my advice... I don't want to help you sound smart in the boardroom.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 09-07-2013 at 05:18.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

13. Likes Peregrin8X, mistercrow likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    They will look the same. Anyone telling themselves otherwise is just kidding themselves.
    Exclusives... well you luckily cant compare them because *gasp* they are only on one system.
    Better graphics cards dont necessarily mean better graphics... just higher FPS. Direct X makes graphics on PC's look better, along with higher resolutions

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldierboy View Post
    They will look the same. Anyone telling themselves otherwise is just kidding themselves.
    Exclusives... well you luckily cant compare them because *gasp* they are only on one system.
    Better graphics cards dont necessarily mean better graphics... just higher FPS. Direct X makes graphics on PC's look better, along with higher resolutions
    They will look the same if a certain company with a weaker console pays multiplat developers to keep it the same.

but when the install base becomes lopsided ie PS4 75% market share vs 25% MS.

Devs and publishers stand to earn more by maximising sales on the larger install base. It's all about the Benjamins...

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    I wonder if Albert PRenello and his team are already in this thread using their many alter egos...

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft, considering their association with the "Digital reputation management operatives" industry.

On a serious note... Why would a PR operative ever admit weakness in their product? Spinning negatives into positives is their whole raison d'Ítre, otherwise the product would speak for itself. The fact that he is PERSONALLY having to make these statements in that article is basically admitting xb.one is weak sauce and requires spinning. But hey, shills be shillin' right?

Dear PRenello.

You can't give up something that you don't possess... you never had the advantage... you never had the edge. The PS4 GPU is 50% more powerful, with more ACEs, ALUs, ROPs. You are trying to catch up... but you can't because your device's philosophy was wrong from the outset, therefore it was built for that purpose, your bets didn't pay off... your insincere attitude towards your customers was and is shameful and contemptuous, hence your $#@!ty Pre-orders.

Why aren't your engineers and developers talking about the system and how they shaped it? What was their design brief? Product philosophy?

Stop whinging. Stop rolling your turd in glitter, stop throwing marketing money at gaming sites. Accept your limitations and throw money into creating dev studios with freedom to breathe, to create better games, get your studios making incredible varied games long term, be ambitious and consistent, don't leave your customers high and dry mid generation with kinect shovelware, in pursuit of platform royalties from third parties, with the odd halo here and there. Have some respect for the people who believe in your brand. Have some integrity.

Shut up. And do it.

Or ignore everything i said... Please do not listen to my advice... I don't want to help you sound smart in the boardroom.
    if you cut yourself. do you bleed blue by any chance...

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    Well we definitely know that you bleed green....lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-07-2013 at 07:48.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Well we definitely know that you bleed green....lol
    Probably, but at least it's not boiling, Victor always comes off a little....angry.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Probably, but at least it's not boiling, Victor always comes off a little....angry.
    So does Yung tbh. But anyway enough about that. Back to the topic.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    I am highly offended by your insinuation.

Both of you are trying to derail the thread with personal attacks. What's the matter? Why not discuss the content of my post?

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I am highly offended by your insinuation.

Both of you are trying to derail the thread with personal attacks. What's the matter? Why not discuss the content of my post?
    Magic bullets? Sure Ill take your magic bullets...

Not sure that has anything to do with...well anything....rant about MS basically.
    On a serious note...
    Oh it was a joke.....right....
    Why would a PR operative ever admit weakness in their product? Spinning negatives into positives is their whole raison d'Ítre, otherwise the product would speak for itself. The fact that he is PERSONALLY having to make these statements in that article is basically admitting xb.one is weak sauce and requires spinning. But hey, shills be shillin' right?
    Hmmm, so a marketing guy, isn't supposed to market his product, just let it "speak for itself" huh?
    Dear PRenello.

Shut up. And do it.

I'm not sure what you want people to comment on, you've said your piece, it's still comes off as arrogant and angry, but hey, you want to tell people to shut up and to stop whinging that's your prerogative,.
    It's up to you how you deliver you message, not us, just like it's up to MS, and Sony respectively .

Cant help how the world sees you...right?

Superior Member
    If anyone wants to make a little bet, I'm game. There is no way the One gives up 30% to the PS4. If by chance it does, the loser goes away from this site never to return again.

As for MS' strategy this gen, it worked for them. The ONLY thing MS really needed to change was from DVD to Blu-Ray, but it didn't have that much of an effect on them.

What is being proposed is for MS to copy Sony's strategy. Copying doesn't always work, especially when it runs contrary the strategy at the time.

Having gone from a PS2 to the 360 and now to the PS4 (at some point), I have had experience with both Sony and MS consoles. I know that everyone talks exclusives, exclusives, exclusives, but aside from Forza Horizon I haven't played an exclusive game in over a year. With GTA V, Diablo III, Batman, Watchdogs, BF 4, etc, there are too many great non-exclusive titles for anyone to even worry about exclusives. That is of course you need to have an upper hand in an imaginary "war".
    Last edited by Old Man Gamer; 09-07-2013 at 14:28.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Magic bullets? Sure Ill take your magic bullets...
    magic bullets?

Not sure that has anything to do with...well anything....rant about MS basically.
    Oh noes, I'm so ashamed of myself. /s

Hmmm, so a marketing guy, isn't supposed to market his product, just let it "speak for itself" huh?
    Twisting my words? that's cute.
    This paragraph means Albert is a PR guy and it's his job to spin negatives into positives, that's why he's talking about hardware, FUDding everywhere-ie to be expected.

I'm not sure what you want people to comment on, you've said your piece, it's still comes off as arrogant and angry, but hey, you want to tell people to shut up and to stop whinging that's your prerogative,.
    It's up to you how you deliver you message, not us, just like it's up to MS, and Sony respectively.
    I'm sending a message directly to PRenello to tell him to shut up, stop whinging about hardware, it's an impossible task and talk more about delivering better games for their customers on the software side. I'm sure he or his team peruse these pages on a regular basis, a direct message is always the best. Why are you taking it personally? Why are you attacking me personally? You can't rebut an opinion so you decide to denigrate the author? I thought Xbox fans would appreciate it if MS decided to focus on delivering better games, on the same level as the Last of Us, instead of this "nu-uh xb.one too!". Or is it only about scoring points?

I want stronger competition to drive innovation and advancement in this industry rather than wasting millions on obfuscation and spin marketing, imagine that being spent on a start up developer. I want MS focus on delivering a better product. Once MS deliver a better product then they can talk all the smack talk they want. They will have earnt it.

Until then, Albert... Larry... and co... shut up with the hardware FUD, because the PS4 is FAR ahead of XB.ONE in the hardware department, it's not something that can be disputed.

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Dedicated Member
    They will look the same if a certain company with a weaker console pays multiplat developers to keep it the same.

but when the install base becomes lopsided ie PS4 75% market share vs 25% MS.

Devs and publishers stand to earn more by maximising sales on the larger install base. It's all about the Benjamins...
    If MS or Sony really paid to make multiplats look better on one console over the other, why wouldn't they spend all that money towards new exclusives? All a better video card does is give you higher FPS like I said(frames per second) unless there are new Direct X / Direct 3D versions/drivers

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldierboy View Post
    If MS or Sony really paid to make multiplats look better on one console over the other, why wouldn't they spend all that money towards new exclusives? All a better video card does is give you higher FPS like I said(frames per second) unless there are new Direct X / Direct 3D versions/drivers
    I don't think you know how game development works.

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Superior Member
    I don't think you know how game development works.
    LOL, I think you have it totally backwards. He is spot on; you're the one without a clue.

I believe that MS is in exactly the place they want to be. YOU may not like it but it's not up to you.

And MS has earned all of the "smack talk" they need in this gen. They have a hugely popular console with some great games, a top tier on-line service and an overall quality product. Sure they made some mistakes along the way, but so did Sega, Sony and Nintendo when they started out. It's all growing pains that MS is working through.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Thread Information