Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    who says "speed difference" anyway lol
    Assume he means GPU rendering.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I know, but whats good for the goose....
    High end gfx are off the table for both these systems as far as I'm concerned (in terms of the GPU raw power). What they had to do was make the best use of what they have available.
    I cant comment on Sony but MS certainly seems to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I partly disagree with his statement about their games in the PS3/360 gen looking as good or better. Multiplats yes I agree but exclusives no. Sony has certain exclusives that look better than anything I've ever seen the 360 crank out. Was it because of more power? Propably not. Better developers? Most likely. But whatever the reason the PS3 was known for certain exclusives that were the best looking on any console. The gaming media has acknowledged this many times. BUT with that being said I'm starting to think that the PS4 and X1 are closer than we thought and that they both use different methods to achieve the same thing. But again I believe Sony has the better 1st party developers than MS and the PS4 exclusives will show that. Multiplats will be on par imo. Now having said that as well I do think Turn 10 and 343 will do amazing things on the X1. Have to give credit where credit is due there. I respect both of those developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    This is bull$#@!.

For what it's worth, developers are singing PS4 praise to the rooftops. I hear comparatively very little regarding Xbone. And multiple devs have flat out said that the PS4 is the more powerful architecture, no ifs ands or buts.

It irks me that this guy is trying to sell the Xbox One as a 'dedicated gaming device'- because it isn't. It was designed with a much stronger emphasis on multimedia- and the hardware and design choices show it.

You can't have your cake and it eat it too here.

This also blows my mind:

He is tacitly getting ready to fall on his own sword here. We constantly hear and see developers only showing off one version of their multiplat game. BF4 was shown, behind closed doors (and public statements issued), on PS4. Not Xbox One. We hear all the time developers making comparative statements favoring the horse power of the PS4.. Remember the Warframe and NFS devs too.

But, no games have released yet. No proper comparisons can be made. So for him to say "Well it should be obvious" seems a bit ludicrous to me. Especially since many of the multiplat games that were "shown running on Xbone" were not on devkits or retail units. But actual PC's (like the BF4 'reveal' or what not).

There's is zero to substantiate the BS he's spouting and the fact that people here are taking it as gospel in light of the litany of counter facts at hand is a bit disturbing.
    How about the NFS, DICE only showing off the PS4 version on actual silicon, and various other statements made by actual developers not on the MS payroll on the matter?

This is literally somebody plugging their ears and going "lalalalala".
    Warframe developers, Avalanche, all the interviews with developers (I cannot even remember them all) praising the architecture.

If the Xbox One is so great, like Panello and legion are claiming, where's the proof? Where are the third party developers?

I'm not buying what this guy is selling. Xbox One might have something in the realm of a 10% CPU advantage from what scattered information we know, it has 6 less CU's half the ROP's and much fewer ALU's. It has a slightly higher clock rate.. It's using slower primary RAM well and simply. It has 32MB of ESRAM to use as a 'scratchpad' and in certain instances this may provide some nice advantages but at significant drawbacks which are clear.

The GPU power gap is significantly greater this generation then it was between PS3-->360. Much greater.

They use the same CPU's with the Xbox One, probably, having a 10% clock increase and perhaps whatever advantages its gaming portion of the SMART audio block grants it in audio processing (though the PS4 does have its own audio DSP).

The "Swizzlers"\DME are there in principle there to help with the ESRAM issues. Those don't grant magical powers that bridge a GPU gap.

I think the GPU gap will be big and it will rear its head much sooner than alot of people would prefer to admit.

Finally, as mentioned, Penello likes to claim "well there's stuff about our box people don't know!" while subtly implying everything about the PS4 is known and, apparently, found wanting in terms of efficiency.

That doesn't smell like cow manure to anyone?
    I some times wonder if people deliberately choose not to investigate these things or follow up on them.

One of my regrets from last gen is not keeping note of the false info and supposed facts that people cling to.

Lets stop this bull$#@! right now.

Neither has AMD's HUMA technology. Sony does have a beefed up versions of onion and garlic buss's which is a step towards HUMA, and allows for cache coherent read and writes between cpu, ram and gpu at about 18gb/s.

MS solution is far more in built, it is not an added on bus, it is the main system bus that is cache coherent to ALL chips, CPU, GPU, SOUND and MEMORY. It also runs faster at 30gb/s. It is by far in a way closer to HUMA tech than Sonys modified APU design, although the results are the same in terms of
    what a programmer wants.

How the hell people bang on about that just amazes me. It's a non-issue. They both do it.
    You got my sentence structure's intent a bit quiggled: I wasn't tying the HUMA comment to the parenthesis, but the part about the power of the system's GPU to it, therefore, i'm implying that the XBO GPU is not nearly as powerful as my RADEON 6950. The parenthesis was a commentary on XBOX One related to the entire sentence.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    You got my sentence structure's intent a bit quiggled: I wasn't tying the HUMA comment to the parenthesis, but the part about the power of the system's GPU to it, therefore, i'm implying that the XBO GPU is not nearly as powerful as my RADEON 6950. The parenthesis was a commentary on XBOX One related to the entire sentence.
    Ohhhh.
    Well then ignore my rant.

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol I bet you have your hands stuck in your ear screaming la la la la la....

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    No bro. I think you are saying that because you are denial. Lol.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Forum Overseer

Assume he means GPU rendering.
    just a newbie way to say it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Lol yup can't wait to see them cowgirls get ran over tomorrow...eli 5-0 in the at&t Stadium lol, ill be all over your Facebook page

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    lol So much irony.

Superior Member
    So a PR guy makes a statement that his companies product is just as good as the competitions. NO WAY!!!!

Don't count me as excited for either console due to PR guys giving praise to their own product. What will give true weight to statements like these is when it comes from the mouth of knowledgeable developers WORKING ON BOTH consoles or from the consumers themselves experiencing it first hand.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Forum Elder
    i've never bought or been given a console because it was more powerful. i've always just went with all because they have exclusives i want to play.

but if Cerny says Sony have made the most powerful console, then i have no reason at all to doubt him and if Penello says the advantage is less than 30%, then i'm also quite happy to believe him.

as regards power, Gaijin Entertainment talking about why it's MMOG War Thunder was not coming to Xbox said when questioned by EDGE...
    http://www.edge-online.com/news/gaij...g-to-xbox-one/

So it’s about policy, not power.

AY: No it’s not about power.
    KY: We are scalable. We are running on a toaster [laughs].
    AY: Well, obviously PlayStation 4 is more powerful than Xbox One.

How much more powerful?

AY: It depends what you’re doing. GPU, like 40 per cent more powerful. DDR5 is basically 50 per cent more powerful than DDR3, but the memory write [performance] is bigger on Xbox One so it depends on what you’re doing.

How is that going to translate to on-screen results for the kinds of games you want to make? So to optimise War Thunder on both consoles you could hypothetically make a better, prettier version on PS4?

AY: Yep.
    KY: Probably yes. But again, that’s not a very big deal.
    AY: Well, for an online game the difference between Xbox One and PS4 is not that big a deal. PS4 is more powerful, basically, but the main reason is not about power.
    so what we have here is a dev who is saying that PS4 is way more powerful, but it depends what your doing with that power.
    i assume that they have access to both consoles to have come to that conclusion and also then assume that there is no mystical secret sauce in Xbox that many want to believe.

for me, i go off what i've seen since the reveal and while i'm getting Xbox first (because of Kinect mainly). i've seen nothing that would suggest PS4 games are 30 - 50% better than those on Xbox.
    but i'm very much looking forward to playing the games i've seen on PS4 so far (and yes, i'm very impressed with Knack), when i get the system next year.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 09-08-2013 at 10:39.

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Lol yup can't wait to see them cowgirls get ran over tomorrow...eli 5-0 in the at&t Stadium lol, ill be all over your Facebook page

Off topib
    This is our year cowboys superbowl this year bro.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Well, its not like he would just say "yes it sucks, we are under powered" PR spin...just saying..
    Chad "The March" Marchell

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Off topib
    OT: JJ is still the gm right? Then no! Lol

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Off topib

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    who says "speed difference" anyway lol
    Maybe he's on about the Blu-Ray drive?
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    Maybe he's on about the Blu-Ray drive?
    hahaha. that would be hilarious.

i know that's not what he meant but that is the only thing that the word would appropriately fit.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    edit
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 09-08-2013 at 21:23.

Albert must be feeling pretty darn foolish right about now!

18. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Yea, let me know when that 48 thread AMD CPU the Xbox One is packing finally shows up X2.

I will say one last thing to clarify my position: I'm not saying that the PS4 will 'literally be' 40-50% better on its games or whatever. What I am saying, though, is that the performance disparity will be obvious. You will see it.

I'm out.

I like how CUGuy voted this down.

You just can't beat that. This whole thread is just gold! Best necro ever!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    This thread, definition of having a green tinted glasses on in Super hd

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Banderas View Post
    Albert must be feeling pretty darn foolish right about now!
    To be fair Xbone isn't giving up 30% power advantage, it is giving up 50% power advantage.

22. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    These pre-launch next gen threads are hilarious to go back and read. AP was doing heavy damage control

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    This thread, definition of having a green tinted glasses on in Super hd

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    This post, definition of bringing very little constructive to the discussion. These kind of remarks will now arouse the attention of my team.

A forum is like a living dynamic magazine and it should be full of intelligent, civil and mature posts and if people aren't able to provide this kind of content to PSU, we have special holiday program which boasts variety, offering 1 week, 2 week, 1 month and permanent variations. I'm not going to allow these kind of posts any more because it would be nice if the people who find us through google aren't greeted with the same childish bickering and remarks found at IGN and other boards. This community WILL stand for and uphold quality content as we move into next gen.

Closing up shop.

Thread Information