Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning

Final Fantasy XIVís Patch Future: 2.1, 2.2 and Beyond

http://zantetsuken.net/news/final-fa...2-2-and-beyond

A bunch of interviews happened this weekend at PAX with Producer/Director Naoki Yoshida and Sound Director Masayoshi Soken. Our friends over at GamerEscape and MMORPG.com happened to be included in those interviews, and came out of it with some awesome news about future content of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Here’s what we know so far.
    Patch 2.1

• Good King Moogle Mog will returning as a boss fight. More than likely he will be accessible through the duty finder. Please look forward to it.
    • A new difficulty for Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan fights will be added in this patch as well. They haven’t quite decided if they’ll call them hard, super, ultra, extreme, or any other awesome intense name. I can see it now. “Ifrit, for real this time”.
    • Also new Hildibrand quests and FATEs are being added. If you didn’t know, Hildibrand was a comic relief NPC from version 1.0. He has his own… unique sense of humor.
    • The Wolves Den, a 4v4 and 8v8 arena will be opening in this patch. You can travel to it by boat from Lower La Noscea, and to enter the arena you must use the Duty Finder.
    • And lastly, Mists, the La Noscea player housing region will be unlocked in 2.1. Houses are available to Free Companies and individual players for a monetary value.

Patch 2.2

• New Primal fights will be introduced. Yoshida stated that they will be “ones that new players haven’t even imagined.”
    • Either Leviathan, Shiva or Ramuh will be in 2.2. It has yet to be revealed which one, but they all seem like fun fights and fun stories to flesh out!
    • Gilgamesh might make an appearance as a boss fight in either 2.2 or 2.3.
    • It is possible that Free Companies will have the ability to summon their own Primal (FATE?) battles in this patch. No concrete details have been announced though. If not 2.2 then possibly 2.3.

And Beyond!

• Patch 2.3 is the target release for the Golden Saucer! The reason they haven’t revealed much about it is because they are currently busy working on it. They are hoping to have at least 3 mini games available before they release it into the game. Yoshida says perhaps a card game, a mini game, or a snowboarding game. I’d love to snowboard down Coerthas with my Lalafell!
    • It has also been confirmed that the first draft of the first expansion has been submitted! Obviously there is a lot of work to be done, but at least they are planning for the future!

Discuss.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I didn't realise that players could also buy houses! I want a house in Coerthas Central Highlands! But I will probably wait for Gridania. I can't wait to see the game grow and develop over the years. All in all it looks pretty solid and I'm sure the patches will include much more too...well I hope.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I didn't realise that players could also buy houses! I want a house in Coerthas Central Highlands! But I will probably wait for Gridania. I can't wait to see the game grow and develop over the years. All in all it looks pretty solid and I'm sure the patches will include much more too...well I hope.
    Lol, you never realized that? They said it costs the amount of gil, without spending any, of leveling up to 50 3 times. That's why i want people to contribute as much as they can to the FC chest.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    Lol, you never realized that? They said it costs the amount of gil, without spending any, of leveling up to 50 3 times. That's why i want people to contribute as much as they can to the FC chest.
    Oh I knew the FC could, just not individuals. Also, that is a retarded amount of gil! That's like...over 500K at least. It seems like a lot of money for what I assume will be an instanced player house.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    The housing areas are instanced. It's also really detailed, like devaluation and waiting to get cheaper houses etc.

Ultimate Veteran
    Golden Saucer?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 11111111111111111111111111111111111five

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Patch 2.1

[LIST][*]Good King Moogle Mog will returning as a boss fight. More than likely he will be accessible through the duty finder. Please look forward to it.
    LOL. I love when they say that.

Someone post that meme

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    Man, Im excited for this!! I knew if I just stuck it out and gave FF1017 a chance, it would be great.

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    LOL. I love when they say that.

Someone post that meme
    This one?

10. Likes KungMartin90 , Ghost likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    This one?

rofl. that one's also good.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    rofl. that one's also good.
    You mea the gif with all the errors. Haha i love that one.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    So if the housing is instanced does that mean you have to keep up with payments and stuff? Damn another rent bill to worry about. Idk if I wanna do it now. I'll get my payments confused and forget to pay my REAL rent, lol.

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Also though unless your going into the instance other players can walk around outside the house and look at it though unless you have door open or invite people they cant get in

Thank you itachi

15. Likes avecha likes this post

Thread Information