Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: What should we do about the "trolling" in the Xbox sections?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Close the section as after all we are a PS site!

17 30.36%
  • Be more strict on those responsible.

22 39.29%
  • Nothing is wrong, and I have no idea what you are talking about. LOOK A PENNY!

17 30.36%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Just making sure since this thread seemed to be focusing on the Xbox section. Although thats probably because it gets trolled more.
    It's definitely more of a problem in the Xbox section.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I can understand punishments for thread/topic derailment but only if there is a pattern of it. People just need to either start wearing diapers or suck it up. This is going to turn into a IGN forum if people don't start settling down. You got Xbox mods and PS mods over there and the Xbox mods will ban the PS forumers while the PS mods ban the Xbox forumers. This forum certainly doesn't need to be another IGN forum. ish

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Funny you mention that. I've made a thread very similar to that (which does this and more). Wouldn't be a problem if section bans start rolling out, which I'm starting to regard very highly after reading what members think.
    I think that would help for sure. Though hopefully it doesn't make it trickle in to other areas.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I can understand punishments for thread/topic derailment but only if there is a pattern of it. People just need to either start wearing diapers or suck it up. This is going to turn into a IGN forum if people don't start settling down. You got Xbox mods and PS mods over there and the Xbox mods will ban the PS forumers while the PS mods ban the Xbox forumers. This forum certainly doesn't need to be another IGN forum. ish
    That place is a cesspool. The worst of the worst trolls that the internet has.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    It's definitely more of a problem in the Xbox section.
    Indeed. It's barely a community in there anymore. I have spent more time in the PS sections lately. Traffic isn't heavy in the PS sections, but at least it's sane there.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 09-06-2013 at 22:31.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    That place is a cesspool. The worst of the worst trolls that the internet has.
    haha they don't have me

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Removing the MS section would be the 2nd most retarded ass thing that has happened to this site.
    Would you mind if I asked what the first most retarded ass thing that happened to this site is? If you don't feel comfortable saying it in public, PM me the answer. Hell, I could do with a laugh tonight.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    I do, most of those who come here as you state come here for the members? I really believe people like the members they discuss things with here. But for some reason, we shouldn't welcome them because they only have a MS console.

I truly believe we have some of the best posters on the net here, and some of the usual, but people DO come here for the interaction with friends or people who can debate well.
    How can you know how the members of a site are without joining it and spending time on it? Secondly, why would someone who isn't interested in the PlayStation at all join a site that is designed around it?

The first can't happen without the second (person has to be interested in the PlayStation to click that register button.) Xbox only sites DO exist. So I don't see your answer as the definitive answer that Justin was asking for.

EDIT

One thing this site can do to control trolls (at least new ones) is ask people that register what their preferences are and based on those selections give access to the appropriate sections.

Another forum use to do this (in the beginning) and it worked quite well. Ofcourse that doesn't stop someone from going into their profile and adding Xbox as a preference to gain access but you don't have to advertise that!
    Last edited by sainraja; 09-06-2013 at 23:04.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Would you mind if I asked what the first most retarded ass thing that happened to this site is?.
    Making a Chicago Bears fan a CM....

10. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I'm not a fan of American sports so that joke went straight over my head, but for the sake of this thread...

ZING!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Would you mind if I asked what the first most retarded ass thing that happened to this site is? If you don't feel comfortable saying it in public, PM me the answer. Hell, I could do with a laugh tonight.
    I'm pretty sure I could guess once and be right about what he's referring to.

13. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    The fiasco with Cuguy being demoted/reassigned and the staff members that followed him out the door. (And perhaps with that Ghost being made Community Manager and the new staff being pulled in)

15. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The fiasco with Cuguy being demoted/reassigned and the staff members that followed him out the door. (And perhaps with that Ghost being made Community Manager and the new staff being pulled in)
    Yeah, kind of had a feeling it might've had something to do with the recent staff changes. I'm not going to comment on that because, well, you know my stance on the matter and I really can't be bothered to get into an argument at this time of night. I would say I agree with Lethal, mind.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Me personally haven't been on here like that in a month now, but I do know derailment happens at some point during thread discussion. I mean I'm a member of other sites, and they don't get this anal about it(Well some did for good reason).

Trolling on the other hand if that leads to derailment I understand, but if it's regular get off topic then back onto topic at some point. I just say that shouldn't be a big deal.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Just let us have some fun at the muthafunkin Xbox's expense.... we deserve it for the years of $#@! we got for the PS3!

Payback time, $#@!ez!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

19. Likes mistercrow, PS4freak , F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Just let us have some fun at the muthafunkin Xbox's expense.... we deserve it for the years of $#@! we got for the PS3!

Payback time, $#@!ez!

Perfect post requiring a snicker smiley lol.

21. Likes -Shafty- likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    I think a big issue is dredging up some of the most.. Insane stuff on the internet to use as a hope to cling on too, for whatever reason. Like misterxmedia.

This kind of reasoning...

Perfect Gaf post about how it makes me feel:

23. Likes mistercrow, Itachi , -Shafty- likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

You sir, can make your head a home in a decomposing skunks asshole

25. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    I think the trolling comes with the territory since it is a Playstation forum, and so any and all Playstation praise is naturally more regarded. I usually just ignore trolling, report it, or I just put them on ignore to clean up the screen of all posts I deem unwarranted.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I don't want the Xbox section gone. I want PSU to be the best it can be and I think getting rid of that section is counter-productive to that end. It's like...you don't make the best smorgasbord by removing some of your selections. While PSU is a Sony centric site, I think it's important to accommodate other sections and the idea of removing that part of the forums never really crossed my mind.

The ideal solution is that people detach themselves from their console of choice. I read an article about the psychological matter of 'self-connected brands' awhile ago--I posted this ages ago but I'll post it again:

The question of the new research is this does this egocentric bias extend to brands to which we are loyal? How much do we internalize our brand choices? The researchers found that subjects would continue to rate their favorite brands (what they call self-connected brands) highly, even after being presented with negative information about those brands. They interpreted a brand failure as a personal failure, and engaged all their defense mechanisms to protect the image of the brand to which they had identified.
    I think this is a strong contributor to the problems. People take this stuff WAY too personally and when a company that someone identifies themselves with isn't doing well, or when someone produces a negative opinion on it, that person becomes overly defensive. This is why we get members who are notorious for posting FUD articles (on both sides). Once this attachment is broken, people wouldn't get so riled up by negative opinions. As I said though, this is the ideal solution, but probably not the realistic one. I'm a fan of approaching problems proactively at the root and not reactively with punishment but the former requires a measure of intellect and honest self-reflection. If certain forum members could grow up a little and start respecting the site more by adjusting their behaviour to be more conducive things would be a lot cooler here.

In any case, thanks all for your thoughts and ideas. The team will keep all of your opinions in mind as we continue to refine what we're doing here and we will have discussions based on what was brought up here.

28. Likes Sylar likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    fix your pm's ghost.. Been trying to send one to you for four hours at least.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    fix your pm's ghost.. Been trying to send one to you for four hours at least.
    lol I've been trying for days. I just yak with him on PSN now instead. lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I like to look at it this way. The company that people regard so highly doesn't regard you as highly. You are just another sale to them.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    I like to look at it this way. The company that people regard so highly doesn't regard you as highly. You are just another sale to them.
    Exactly, all this loyalty bull$#@! is beyond retarded. I'm not attached to Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. Make good games and I'll buy them.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

33. Likes EHY893, Justin , BBK.. , F34R , PS4freak likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    Exactly, all this loyalty bull$#@! is beyond retarded. I'm not attached to Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. Make good games and I'll buy them.
    Same here. That's why I own all the systems and praise and bash them all.

35. Likes Acid Snake likes this post

Thread Information