Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

PSN ID
    J_Chavez09
    Is it irrational to start a thread for the same topic over and over again?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by J_Chavez09 View Post
    Is it irrational to start a thread for the same topic over and over again?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4
    Wat?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Wat?
    I think he's referring to my thread, which is not at all really the same, you're saying "I want to buy one", I'm saying "I'm not buying one".
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I think I'll hold off a year on next gen.

Let me help you out with the backlog, I've played a bunch of those. Of the ones I've played, I bolded the ones I think you should play. The rest you can skip depending on how you feel about each individually.

Sleeping Dogs - This game is a must play. It's the best city in a sandbox game I've ever played. Be warned (violence), it's brutal. It earned that M rating.

DarkSider -This game is okay. It's a Zelda clone that can be skipped unless you REALLY want to play it.

DarkSiders 2 - Same as Darksiders 1 except this has some additional RPG elements (loot, leveling up, etc). This has some fun gameplay mechanics but it's another mid-tier THQ game.

XCOM:EU - This game is fantastic. If you liked Valkryia Chronicles you'll love this thing. This is easily one of the best games last year.

Bioshock Infinite - Excellent game. People go nuts over it but it is a bit full of itself. I did like it though.

Deus Ex - This is good and probably worth a single playthrough if you liked the original game (not Deus Ex 2).

Gears:Judgement - This game is truly awful. Don't play it. I loved Gears 1, 2, and 3. This adds nothing of significance to the story. Do yourself a favor and sell this pile.

Halo Wars - This is alright. I like RTS's so I enjoyed it. It's probably the best RTS on console. It would be worth your time if you really love RTS's or you're super into Halo. Otherwise skip it.

Civilization - This isn't really something I would consider a "backlog" game per say since it's more of "in the mood to play it" kind of game.

Crackdown - This game is an average sandbox game. I'm assuming you got it for free. It's okay but it's easily skippable.

LA Noire - This game is a must play. It's right up there with Sleeping Dogs in terms of quality.
    XCOM:EU Was definitely enjoyable. It brought me back to playing XCOM UFO Defense back in Grad School in the mid 90s. I didn't buy it, but was planning on it when it got bargain basement pricing but the PS+ made it free and I had to jump on it. Had a lot of fun, it was a long time inbetween, but I'd say there was a lot more consequences on strategy implemented on XCOM:EU than there was on UFO Defense, but that only made for a better game.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I started chippingaway at my collection for that reason. Not as big as yours for sure but I probably wouldn't if I was in your shoes.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    For me, already having the money saved up - It doesn't matter whether I get it now or two years from now. I could wait until Second Son, but the anticipation of new hardware is too great!

Tapatalk

Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I almost have it paid off, I'm just paying the PS4 off little buy little. By the time the PS4 hits the shelves it will be paid off. I am just so tired of the PS3 and while I'm currently playing hte hell out of skyrim on it, I'm flat out tired of current gen consoles. I honestly can't wait till the PS4 hits. Once I get that console in my hands I will most likely say four words....."It's about ****ing time".

8. Likes K2D wishes they had posted this first.
    PSN ID
    Loopoiu
    Well hopefully in the future ps4 bring out a " ps3 classics" in the store praying for gta V to be there lol

Power Member
    I was in the same boat with a very long list of games still to grab on the PS3. But I've narrowed it down to the top 8 must play games and will play those out before switching to the PS4 at launch. Otherwise you'll only end up getting behind on the PS4 too.

11. Likes Admartian wishes they had posted this first.

PSN ID
    Jwordyoo
    Im waitin for the first batch to be released and all its errors patched before i buy the ps4

Thread Information