Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I dislike the flatness and no artistic design involved. It looks bland.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I highly dislike Window 8s layout/UI.. and this is no better. I'd hope during gameplay being in the menu would pause the game though lol

Though to be fair I havent liked a platforms UI all that much for many years.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't agree that it is bland -- but I still want to see more of it (not completely sold on it just yet.) As for artistic design? Not really sure what you mean by that. It's an interface that is meant to help users locate content and if it serves that purpose well, whatever you mean by artistic design, is probably not gonna matter much in the end.

Still, as I said earlier, I want to see more of the UI before I say anything else. I don't dislike what I have seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I highly dislike Window 8s layout/UI.. and this is no better. I'd hope during gameplay being in the menu would pause the game though lol

Though to be fair I havent liked a platforms UI all that much for many years.
    That was just during a cinematic (although it should still pause it, I mean, I'd like to think that they realize the cinematics are also important), it would probably pause for gameplay.
    Last edited by sainraja; 09-09-2013 at 03:19.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    On the brightside, it's possible they'll update it over time as they did with the 360. The blades when it first came out, is vastly different to what it is now.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Forum Sage
    I was never a fan of the blades. So many people I've seen say otherwise. I preferred the visual look of the NXE (even over the Metro style they have going now) although things weren't always easy to find, the important stuff was easy to find.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Windows 8 lay out, WHY

not an unique Dashboard
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I don't agree that it is bland -- but I still want to see more of it (not completely sold on it just yet.) As for artistic design? Not really sure what you mean by that. It's an interface that is meant to help users locate content and if it serves that purpose well, whatever you mean by artistic design, is probably not gonna matter much in the end.

Still, as I said earlier, I want to see more of the UI before I say anything else. I don't dislike what I have seen so far.

That was just during a cinematic (although it should still pause it, I mean, I'd like to think that they realize the cinematics are also important), it would probably pause for gameplay.
    Green boxes, white icons... no style in that at all. It makes a visual difference for sure. I want to see a lot more of the UI being a lot more unique.

Super Elite
    Clearly MS needs to know that the world hates and despise windows 8. Why the hell would they put it in the video game system? UGH!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Forum Sage
    Green boxes, white icons... no style in that at all. It makes a visual difference for sure. I want to see a lot more of the UI being a lot more unique.
    It could still be unique.....as for the green boxes with white icons; they might be trying to tie a section with a particular color. We also haven't seen other sections and how everything else ties it all together.

I am having hard time recalling the video right now so I am not sure if they showed other sections with different colors so we'll see.

Soldier 95B
    Looking good to me, and very Kinect friendly it appears. No ads on the main page would should appease some. Can't wait to use it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    It could still be unique.....as for the green boxes with white icons; they might be trying to tie a section with a particular color. We also haven't seen other sections and how everything else ties it all together.

I am having hard time recalling the video right now so I am not sure if they showed other sections with different colors so we'll see.
    I'm not talking about having different colors. Something that gives it some direction. Green square with a white icon. How about a transparent box with a real category icon.. something. Look at the screen 2four posted above. See all those pretty green boxes? Go across the screen and see those dull and bland boxes? yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Looking good to me, and very Kinect friendly it appears. No ads on the main page would should appease some. Can't wait to use it.
    Other than looking too bland for my liking, the no ads is a welcome "addition" for sure.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    It's surprising they are still pushing this Windows 8. The OS was generally designed and optimized for touchpad/tablet/smartphone use.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'm not too down on the actual OS itself... just the look of it. I don't mind the way it is designed from a logistical standpoint. I do mind that it looks absurdly bland right now.

Super Elite
    Pretty cool how the game can go in window mode while you adjust and look at other things.
    I guess thats one of the advantages of 3 OS working in conjunction.

As long as i can pin my favorite stuff, and everything works smoothly ill be happy.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    I'm not too down on the actual OS itself... just the look of it. I don't mind the way it is designed from a logistical standpoint. I do mind that it looks absurdly bland right now.
    When I got in on the "new" dash for the 360 Beta a while back, it looked like this as well... after it launches, it looks a lot better.

Most of that is placeholder gfx.

Well, u know this, I am pretty sure you were on those betas too?

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    The video has been removed by the user

I cannto see the video.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    The video has been removed by the user

I cannto see the video.
    Heres one thats still up

18. Likes keefy likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    It reminds me of the PS Store and how it displays games within the store. Either way it is clean looking which is nice. Seems simple to find what you are seeking. I am more interested in that controller then anything. I want to hold it for myself!

8 years and counting!

Veteran
    Hopefully simple design = Speed...Give me a fast OS over a slow over complicated one everyday of the week.

If it's slow however then i'l complain about how standard it looks.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I don't mind the tiled interface, I think it is much better suited to a console like the Xbox One instead of a full blown OS like Windows 8!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Soldier 95B
    I use the Xbox Guide from the guide button on the controller anyway. That is what I want to see.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I use the Xbox Guide from the guide button on the controller anyway. That is what I want to see.
    Same here. I think people are a bit confused with all the boxes to the left which are only pins. The actual dashboard looks pretty cool to me.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    When I got in on the "new" dash for the 360 Beta a while back, it looked like this as well... after it launches, it looks a lot better.

Most of that is placeholder gfx.

Well, u know this, I am pretty sure you were on those betas too?
    Yes. That's why my dislike is for what can be seen right now. If it isn't like this when I turn it on at home, then I'm ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    Hopefully simple design = Speed...Give me a fast OS over a slow over complicated one everyday of the week.

If it's slow however then i'l complain about how standard it looks.
    I doubt there will be a speed problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Same here. I think people are a bit confused with all the boxes to the left which are only pins. The actual dashboard looks pretty cool to me.
    If so, then I can remove the pins. The actual main dash screen won't look like that, I'm good with that too.

Veteran
    It's cool that the Xbone also gets a smooth and quick game boot up and seamless transition from game to dashboard. Although the dashboard is pretty much Metro UI from Windows 8, it's the exact same design so there's nothing innovative there but seems like a cooler addition to a console compared to it being on the actual Windows 8 for PCs.

Dedicated Member
    Something looks off with the controller but I can't put my finger on it. Is it the retail controller or some kind of dev kit one?
    PSN = prison_inmate

Thread Information