Elite Sage

Killzone: Shadow Fall bots to mimic true player behavior

http://www.screwattack.com/news/kill...layer-behavior

Killzone: Shadow Fall bots will mimic true human player behavior, according to the game's director.
    Steven Ter Heide of Guerrilla Games explained several changes and goals for the next Killzone on the latest Playstation Blogcast. Ter Heide covered the game's changes for online progression, weapons and even expected framerate, but an interesting point came when he explained what bots would do in the game.

“We've always had bots in our previous games, but we wanted to really have that bot experience transfer into the custom games also,” Ter Heide told Playstation Blogcast. “You can have those bots either in online matches, and they'll replace some of your human friends or you can play an offline match against bots.”
    This is nothing new for the Killzone series. Previous installments in the series feature 32-player online battles. If 32 players can't be found for the game, bots will fill all empty spaces.
    Ter Heide goes into more detail concerning what bots are capable of doing in the latest Killzone.

“And they know how to play with the abilities, they know how to play all the different mission modes, they can deal with whatever customization you throw at them, and best of all they mimic human player behavior,” Ter Heide continued. “So if you set them to hard, that's a pretty good challenge.”
    Players who feel that bots sometime dilute the richness of online gameplay should be satisfied to hear such promising words. Shooter games are no stranger to AI issues with bots, so the success of Guerrilla Games in this area will be innovative and bragging rights for Playstation 4.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Sounds good to me.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Takes me back to my Timesplitter days. Nothing better than popping up a "multiplayer" game with bots. Epecially due to having no lag.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

4. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Veteran
    Didnt realise this was 32v32, All infantry and no vehicles? If so im going to need to pick this up at launch.

edit: read it wrong.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Wibbly Wobbly
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Good news for people like me.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Am I the only one around here that prefers bots to human players? I hate people, but I love the mechanics of online modes. I played hours upon hours of Killzone 3 bot modes. Played hours upon hours of Black Ops bot mode. Was left unimpressed with Black Ops 2 piece of $#@! bot mode. I wish devs would get the hint that not every guy wants to get online against others. I'm fine going against a computer.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

8. Likes JVH, JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Am I the only one around here that prefers bots to human players? I hate people, but I love the mechanics of online modes. I played hours upon hours of Killzone 3 bot modes. Played hours upon hours of Black Ops bot mode. Was left unimpressed with Black Ops 2 piece of $#@! bot mode. I wish devs would get the hint that not every guy wants to get online against others. I'm fine going against a computer.
    I'm the same way thats why I said it sounds good to me. Too many ass clowns online especially in FPS and TPS games. I always just play botzone. I played with other people in KZ2 and just went back to playing against bots. I'm anti-social I guess. lol

Superior Member

So why can't the enemy in single player play like humans??? lol Just saying any game I've ever played the ai is always atrocious and acts like monkeys or brain dead zombies or if you turn it up to hard there are like 100 of them all them like agents from the matrix ducking bullets and head shooting everytime lol.

Its my biggest gripe about gaming....hard or hardest level is unrealistic as easy is.....and then trophy's....if a trophy isn't something pertaining to your normal gameplay...it shouldn't be a trophy. Like WHY do I need to search a damn forest for a hidden gem or something instead of just enjoying the game....if a trophy distracts from the normal story it shouldn't be in there.. just my opinions...lol

11. Likes darky89 , UkHardcore likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    But how do they get bots to act like humans with out da cloudz!?

13. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by on the rocks View Post
    But how do they get bots to act like humans with out da cloudz!?
    Always the PlayStation Cloud

Sig&Av by Kuro

Fallout4HorizonDeusExMDUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: Feb 2008 - Jun 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: Jun 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: Nov 2013 - Present
    PSVita: Dec 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    It's nonsense. Not possible. We've had crap AI for a long time, and it's not due to a lack of processing power. The AI will be the same as all other games.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    It's nonsense. Not possible. We've had crap AI for a long time, and it's not due to a lack of processing power. The AI will be the same as all other games.
    Maybe they've learned from Bungie, Their AI for me is the best in the business.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Super Elite
    If a bot kills me and starts to tea-bag my corpse, only to be killed moments later by an ally bot, who then tea-bags HIS corpse, then I will be very happy.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    If a bot kills me and starts to tea-bag my corpse, only to be killed moments later by an ally bot, who then tea-bags HIS corpse, then I will be very happy.
    Or when they throw c4 on each other and start team killing...or best yet...all spawn as snipers and immediately find a place and lay down. lol....but honestly THIS IS BIG PR TALK. I would love to believe it but I've yet to see bots or ai act remotely human....usually its they have down syndrome or they can see through walls and have the aim of a gold medal marksman. Just give me ai that is aware when I'm shooting at him or run in front of him that can hit me if i'm out of cover but doesn't have heat seeking bullets lol...and if i sit behind cover will lob a grenade or try to flank me. TY.

Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    Didnt realise this was 32v32, All infantry and no vehicles? If so im going to need to pick this up at launch.

edit: read it wrong.
    16vs16... 32 overall

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Bots. Who gives a $#@! about bots in an online world.
    I hate bots.
    So sick of joining servers in CS or HL2 or Unreal and they are full of bots. ITs a way of making the server look popular when its actually empty.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-09-2013 at 06:35.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    lmao xD

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    Maybe they've learned from Bungie, Their AI for me is the best in the business.
    Bungie has fun AI but not smart AI. A big blue guy will jump two feet away from a grenade, stand there like he is safe, and then die from the nasty explosion. If actual smart AI could exist, Crytek would have already delivered on that hype of next gen AI they threw at us with Crysis 1.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I hope they mimic me. At least then I'll have a chance.

24. Likes darky89 likes this post
    PSN ID
    Loopoiu
    looool I mean I still find it hard to believe that the A.I could play as us but will be good to see a challenge finally

Forum Sage
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    From the other thread, the one with the video the article posted with it says this:

What’s amazing about the first experience I had with the game is the fact that we were playing with bots. None of the reps at the booth told us this, and we didn’t realize until after the match was finished that they were having network issues and the mode we played was like the traditional “Botzone” mode. My friend Bovice and I were pretty stunned, because that means that the AI in the game has vastly improved, and for us to believe that we were playing a traditional multiplayer match was a mind blow.
    Though I imagine it won't be quite like humans, it may be better if they're not acting like dicks all the time.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Thread Information