Latest PSU headlines:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 11
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Getting the new Vita, wanna see how the LCD compares to the OLED but don't care tbh the difference won't be huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Unless they worked out how to translate the touch gestures to the control pad. That might be kinda wonky though. Either way, obviously it is going to play Vita games somehow. Why even make it otherwise?
    They should of just made it compatible with the DS4 instead of the DS3, touch interface problem solved!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    They should of just made it compatible with the DS4 instead of the DS3, touch interface problem solved!
    Vita has touch screen and pad
    DS4 has a touch pad

RIP Oculus Rift

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Any game that uses touch is officially not compatible.
    Unless they worked out how to translate the touch gestures to the control pad. That might be kinda wonky though. Either way, obviously it is going to play Vita games somehow. Why even make it otherwise?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Vita has touch screen and pad
    DS4 has a touch pad
    True! At least one touch sensitive interface it better than none! I bet they could of worked some magic to make it work though...

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    It plays some. I was thinking of getting it instead of a vita for my son. He has a psp already thought may have been a funky way to upgrade him.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    How long will it take Sony Worldwide to tell us how these new things are coming to the rest of us? PSVita Slim and PSVitaTV.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Heheh.. "Ratchet and Crack".. Anyone catch that? I must have been more tired than I thought, lol..

Tapatalk

Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Master Guru
    I didn't even realize the conference was tonight. This could be good.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I didn't even realize the conference was tonight. This could be good.
    Another one? This one mentioned was on 15 hours ago.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I was jealous about the enw VITA but it's LCD. Now I can rest easy and maybe plan to buy a 64GB card and a VITA TV.

Only thing(s) i need after the PS4, to complete my PlayStation set are the Tablet and Xperia Z.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    True! At least one touch sensitive interface it better than none! I bet they could of worked some magic to make it work though...
    Yeah, hold down a trigger to swap it from front to back touch. Probably the only game that it would have been a pain on it something that expects you to use both at the same time.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Any game that uses touch is officially not compatible.

Majority of Vita Games maybe 90% of them so far have standard DS3 type controls with touch controls optional

L3 and R3 clicks can act like a left/right side of screen input.

L2 and R2 can act like left/right sides of touch pad on back, solved.

But like I said majority of games have (optional touch) compatible controls.

If all PS4 games (normal games) can be played on a Vita and be button mapped easily there's not much difference between a Vita game and a PS4 game so slight button mapping here and there to emulate the touch control taps will be easy.

It's all going to work people and its gonna work well.

Sounds dumb but I'm looking forward to playing Unit 13 and gravity rush on a big screen they're console quality titles that need to be played on a big screen. Killzone Mercenary anyone?
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Superior Member

The Vita TV thing looks very very interesting. As someone who bought 3 PS3s at launch (for blu ray movies essentially) it means I only need 1 PS4 this gen. Saves me a lot of dough because I was buying 2. Putting this in the bedroom not only means I can stream my PS4 in there but also netflix and other apps (i assume) along with playing the occassional Vita game on the big screen. Any games that made extensive use of touch I wouldn't WANT to play on a big screen but there have been TONS of games that haven't utilized the touch controls hardly at all and could easily be remapped. Just seems like a wonderful little kit really. Definately aimed at the other consoleless consoles lol. If it also allows for multiplayer on same game on different tvs that would be sweet too! I hate split screen but if I can have my own on the few occassions my brother comes to visit...win win. I think there is a lot more to this then most think...especially the PSN parts and accessing apps (netflix/music etc.). If its $99....man think of the bundle with that....essentially getting two ps4s for the price of one xb1.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Otomeito!!

Thread Information