Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr

Wii U WiFi never works for me !

OK So I got a Wii U around 3 weeks ago and my WiFi Router is around 7 meters (36ft) from the Wii U console sitting vertically under my TV.

My Router is currently using B,G,N with Dual Band 2.4/5 enabled for the 802.11n spectrum, now I connected My Wii U to the internet fairly easily it took a long time to connect but it eventually tested and saved its settings successfully and performed the latest update.. however now it seems to connect to the internet whenever it feels like it, I'll go to the eShop channel for a browse ERROR....... Post message to MiiVerse ERROR and maybe 1 out of 5 tries it will stay connected for a short period of time then ERROR check settings it has driven me nuts I don't understand how I've never had any issues with the PS3 WiFi even older WiFi devices like PSP has no troubles I can walk around my yard and be 70-80ft from the WiFi router and I still get 2 bars of connectivity which is around 50-60% so I don't know what the deal is.

Could it be the gamepad that screws the wireless up?.

Has anyone had any issues? I've seen thousands of posts on the internet about the Wii U having unreliable wireless hardware but I was hoping it was just day one teething problems, I've ordered an Official LAN adapter hoping that will sort out some issues.

I still find it strange that the Wii U has 1 small bar of WiFi connectivity and sometimes it has nothing and drops out.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I would connect it via Ethernet and if it doesn't have any issues with the connection it could be a network conflict via wireless, or faulty hardware.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I would connect it via Ethernet and if it doesn't have any issues with the connection it could be a network conflict via wireless, or faulty hardware.
    Hopefully tomorrow or next ill recieve my LAN adapter and find out.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    While you wait for that, if you want... post your setup you're using now. I'll be happy to look over it and see if I can find anything specific that can cause these errors for you.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Online connections is the strongest Weakness in Ninitendo systems right now, a lot of people having issues with both WiiU & 3ds. I just hope Nintendo put an end to that.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Super Elite

Don't have a Wii U myself but if it's like any of Nintendo's other consoles you'll need to configure a manual IP address for it to work with a lot of the routers out there.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Update: Wii U LAN adapter works flawlessly in comparison to WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Don't have a Wii U myself but if it's like any of Nintendo's other consoles you'll need to configure a manual IP address for it to work with a lot of the routers out there.
    Tried all that, the system connects to servers fine, it however drops out here and there and sometimes the router seems to disappear from connection site despite being full range and usable by other devices nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Online connections is the strongest Weakness in Ninitendo systems right now, a lot of people having issues with both WiiU & 3ds. I just hope Nintendo put an end to that.
    At one point many years ago the Nintendo DS wouldn't connect to my older router that was used at the time I ended up investing in a Nintendo WiFi connect USB dongle just to keep a stable online connection.

Never had sny of these issues with my macs and other gaming devices not even the Wii had issues with WiFi not for me anyway but it's strange.
    Last edited by chriharr; 09-15-2013 at 15:08.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Just using the ethernet then!....oh wait, that's right....

Thread Information