Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Why didn't they use DS4 controllers? What about certain games that require the touch screen?

PSN ID
    JMBlakk
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    Why didn't they use DS4 controllers? What about certain games that require the touch screen?
    The only reason and I hope this is true, This will be available in Japan November and the PS4 wont get there until February. In the west VitaTV might be different were this gets release at launch or after the PS4 so it may still come with a DS4 instead of a DS3 out here. It only makes sense since we like to be social, the 'Party' app would work well with the DS4 since it has a mic and headset jack

I wonder could you use this with a tablet as a screen thus making it work on the go.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by brenno99 View Post
    I wonder could you use this with a tablet as a screen thus making it work on the go.
    In this position just buy a PSVita :/

PS4 has little to no competition.

5. Likes AaronSOLDIER wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakkBilli View Post
    The only reason and I hope this is true, This will be available in Japan November and the PS4 wont get there until February. In the west VitaTV might be different were this gets release at launch or after the PS4 so it may still come with a DS4 instead of a DS3 out here. It only makes sense since we like to be social, the 'Party' app would work well with the DS4 since it has a mic and headset jack
    very interesting logic. I hope this is true.

Superior Member

PS4+VITATV combo sold for the same price as an x1. Meaning you get essentially a vita and two ps4s for the price of one x1. I see that bundle as much more plausible than the vita/ps4 one that people hinted at for $499. hmm.....which would you buy? lol Seriously this is Sony dipping into that digital only console and as that market grows they will be growing right along with it....slowly weening people off the idea of playing on a traditional console...and perhaps in a gen or two...there won't be any consoles at all and you will just hook up to Sony's networks...put on your vr suit....and enjoy virtual worlds.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Isn't Vita TV going to stream from my PS4 via internet speed ? I really would like to know, isn't it impossible with the current low connection speeds? Maybe it is a lame connection, and no one seems worried about it but this thing makes my mind busy.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Isn't Vita TV going to stream from my PS4 via internet speed ? I really would like to know, isn't it impossible with the current low connection speeds? Maybe it is a lame connection, and no one seems worried about it but this thing makes my mind busy.
    This is one thing Sony has not firmly confirmed that you can remote play across the Internet, when they talked about remote play they talked about people playing their PS4 around their home on Vita, remote play was completely broken on PS3, with Internet speeds much faster snd decent these days Vita could pull it off without much fuss considering the PS4 has its own dedicated encoder chip I think it will work.

Only thing that concerns me is servers, ping, upload and download drop all the time so it wouldn't be a smart idea tryitng to play a FPS on holiday while your PS4 sits at home, connections drop all the time and lag out for unknown stupid reasons its a complex thing.

If your PS4 was connected via cable and you're visiting your brother and he has WiFi I think it would work a lot better than say a WiFi to WiFi connection, considering a slight amount of interference makes WiFi f$&@ up like a bitch!.

It's cool if they allow remote play via Internet it's just no one has firmly confirmed, I think Mr Cernys best friend Yoshida (??) said via twitter it depends how fast your Internet connection is as to the experience you'll have with remote play. He could have meant access point but who knows with all the broken translations out there... We don't even know if PS4 has a web browser yet.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

10. Likes Shingo wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I'm actually really excited for this. Cannot wait.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    they already sad that ds4 support will be added with patch

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Daymn, if DS4 support comes this bad boy will be a massive hit! I am already sold and I own 2 Vita 3Gs lol.

Hopefully they can sell it for about $150AU, could be a nice little kids console.
    Last edited by mickice; 09-10-2013 at 09:14.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Veteran
    So... will signed PSP homebrew stuff work on this? I don't have a Vita, so I don't know. Signed PSP games should work on any PSP, but maybe they have some measure in place to block it on the Vita.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    It seems like this VitaTV will sell quite well in west as well. Hope it has enough advertisement.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I think it's mainly for the West for people who don't like handhelds but want to play portable games.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I think it's mainly for the West for people who don't like handhelds but want to play portable games.
    Like me.
    DON'T want a Vita.
    DO want a Vita TV.

Still don't like memory card prices but at least they lowered them.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Might get this instead of a Vita some point.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Like me.
    DON'T want a Vita.
    DO want a Vita TV.

Still don't like memory card prices but at least they lowered them.
    Doesn't it only accept Vita game cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Doesn't it only accept Vita game cards?
    It has a slot for Vita games and a slot for a Vita memory card. It has 1gb internal memory which would work for saves if you only want to play physical games. Start downloading a bunch and you'll still need a memory card. There's a USB port but I'm not sure what its for. I doubt you can use a flash drive as that would cut their profits on memory cards down.

Extreme Poster
    Sony must see something special about MS' focus. Ever since MS has announced TV support...Sony has been scrambling to get theirs on par as well.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Sony must see something special about MS' focus. Ever since MS has announced TV support...Sony has been scrambling to get theirs on par as well.
    How is this remotely like a $500 remote control?

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    How is this remotely like a $500 remote control?
    Of course not. But it's like they're trying to take some of the piece...sort of like they gotta hint from MS.

First, they signed a deal with some cable TV, and then the PS4 OS suddenly reserved more RAM. Maybe they want the option to be there in case MS does well with it.

That Xbox One commercial looks intriguing. I totally get what they're trying to do after watching that. It's going to take off in the U.S. It might take off like the Wii.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Of course not. But it's like they're trying to take some of the piece...sort of like they gotta hint from MS.

First, they signed a deal with some cable TV, and then the PS4 OS suddenly reserved more RAM. Maybe they want the option to be there in case MS does well with it.

That Xbox One commercial looks intriguing. I totally get what they're trying to do after watching that. It's going to take off in the U.S. It might take off like the Wii.
    Maybe maybe not.

I still see this as a predominantly gaming device (PS vita gaming, PS4 streaming etc) with added features (like any Sony gaming device).

Super Elite

Those kinds of things don't happen quickly. The OS in particular would have been in development for years.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    We don't even know if PS4 has a web browser yet.
    FYI

Additionally, users can boot a variety of applications including a web browser when playing a game on PS4.
    http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130221a_e.pdf

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Saw a report on one of the tech sites that suggest this has already sold out in Japan.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/09...d-out-in-japan

Thread Information