Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room

One last quick question: Will the PS4 have RCA audio jacks?

Or some sort of port like the PS3?

I have a sound bar that only has composite or something and the Red/White/Yellow jacks.

Also....does anyone know if the Turtle Beach Headsets for the PS3 work with the PS4?

I guess any audio info would be good to know.

Again...thanks in advance.

Veteran
    No PS device has ever had RCA audio jacks, I think you meant to say if it will have an AV cable which is pretty much the propietary PS jack to RCA + Video (red, white and yellow) jacks. And the answer unfortunately is no it won't have them.

This bad news for me, I thought it would support it because that's they way I got my PS3 hooked up; HDMI for video and AV jack connected to the home theater for audio.
    Last edited by daLa; 09-09-2013 at 23:31.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Too bad it doesn't have the same options the PS3 has.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    No PS device has ever had RCA audio jacks, I think you meant to say if it will have an AV cable which is pretty much the propietary PS jack to RCA + Video (red, white and yellow) jacks. And the answer unfortunately is no it won't have them.

This bad news for me, I thought it would support it because that's they way I got my PS3 hooked up; HDMI for video and AV jack connected to the home theater for audio.
    Well there's these that can solve your problem, that I would recommend myself.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2BUXD0L1W5AKG

I've also seen this which seems cool, but may cause strain on the output jack itself.
    image.jpg
    I just can't seem to find it for sale anywhere.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post

Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure the original playstation had RCA jacks.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Easiest thing to do would be to run Aux from your TV to the sound bar if your TV isn't super new and only has SPIDF.
    And to poster above yes the original playatation models had RCA jacks I know because I've still got mine in the shed.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    Easiest thing to do would be to run Aux from your TV to the sound bar if your TV isn't super new and only has SPIDF.
    And to poster above yes the original playatation models had RCA jacks I know because I've still got mine in the shed.

I don't think my HDTV is very good for that. I've had my 360 and PS3 hooked up that way for the longest and every now and then the sound will go out and in and every once and a while the sound will quit all together.

Recently, I realized that my PS3 and 360 had hookups for the AV jacks...so I literally just hooked them up that way.

Luckily I still have a nicer Sony sound bar that I replaced with this cheaper one thinking it was the sound bar....and it has a couple of HDMI cables.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Well there's these that can solve your problem, that I would recommend myself.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2BUXD0L1W5AKG

I've also seen this which seems cool, but may cause strain on the output jack itself.
    image.jpg
    I just can't seem to find it for sale anywhere.
    I don't have a really new home theater so I just checked and it doesn't have a digital output, I found a cheaper solution however which would be this:
    Digital to Analog audio converter $15
    http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY%C2%AE-A.../dp/B005DIRI6I
    Digital optical cable $5.49
    http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-D...ref=pd_sim_e_1
    + RCA male to RCA male cable which I already have. (this cable can be found for less than $5 on most electronic shops)

So this setup would help me use the HDMI for video on my TV, the digital optical cable from the PS4 to the converter and then the RCA from the converter to the home theater.

I'm going to do either that or buy a new cheap home theater with digital output.

Quote Originally Posted by on the rocks View Post
    Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure the original playstation had RCA jacks.
    Well I'll be damned you're right lol, I still got mine stored somewhere but I couldn't recall those jacks.

Thread Information