Thread: Vita Ban

Dedicated Member
    Items Scarlett Johansson

Vita Ban

Long story short,I bought a Vita from Craigslist and it was Permabanned from PSN, and the douchebag wouldn't give back the money. Any word on if Sony will reverse this or anything? I would love to support the Vita and R:FOM is kinda fun. But I hate that it is more of a paper weight than an actual console because of the ban.
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    do you know why it was banned? I thought they only banned accounts...

Edit: After further review it seems that they will ban your hardware for a chargeback on credit cards. You will have to pay off whatever the chargeback was it that was the problem. I had an issue where i bought something that wasnt right from craigslist. At first the guy refused to deal with me but after assuring him that he could give me my money back or he could put new tires on his car every morning until I felt like he spent enough his attitude changed.
    Last edited by Smokin Joker; 09-10-2013 at 07:26.

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

3. Likes F34R likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    What a bastard selling a banned console without saying something about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by kflashin View Post
    Long story short,I bought a Vita from Craigslist and it was Permabanned from PSN, and the douchebag wouldn't give back the money. Any word on if Sony will reverse this or anything? I would love to support the Vita and R:FOM is kinda fun. But I hate that it is more of a paper weight than an actual console because of the ban.
    How much information about this person do you have?

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Joker View Post
    do you know why it was banned? I thought they only banned accounts...

Edit: After further review it seems that they will ban your hardware for a chargeback on credit cards. You will have to pay off whatever the chargeback was it that was the problem. I had an issue where i bought something that wasnt right from craigslist. At first the guy refused to deal with me but after assuring him that he could give me my money back or he could put new tires on his car every morning until I felt like he spent enough his attitude changed.
    Charge back are always a bad idea. Many people loose their Steam accounts by doing it. Little Jimmy steals moms credit card and buys some games, then mom does a charge back. few days later jimmy's account is banned and he comes crying int he steam forum.

Forum Elder
    Go knock the $#@! out of this guy. Just beat his ass.

edit: wasnt awake yet realized it was an ebay thing.

Report the guy

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by chrisw26308; 09-10-2013 at 14:41.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    This is why I don't buy used consoles. Report him on ebay and get your money back from them, then use that money to unban the system if you can.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Elite
    Never buy any electronic product off the internet unless the transaction takes place with the seller face-to-face. You say you bought this off craiglist, so I assume you met the guy personally. Unfortunately, you may just have to chalk this up to personal experiece, unless you're willing to kick butt-cheeks and document birth-certificates.

I bought my Vita off craigslist and I circled, poked, and prodded that thing from every angle before I handed over the money. We were next to a library and I even reset the console and logged on to make sure the wi-fi capabilities were intact. May seem a bit much, but if you're the customer in a used sell, you've the right to check for this stuff.

But if you have ANY info on this guy--name, location, facial features, etc.--then you've got enough to start chewing bubblegum.

Dedicated Member
    Items Scarlett Johansson
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    How much information about this person do you have?
    Just a number, it was craigslist after all and he knew what he was doing...so we met at a store for the exchange.
    This is the ban message I get when trying to log in but of course, I will never receive that message.
    When I contacted Sony about 3 months ago, they pretty much told me I am SOL because there is no way I can prove it was not me that was being malicious with the account.
    I wish they would just look at my PSN and see that I have never caused problems and no suspicious stuff has ever shown up on me.

https://support.us.playstation.com/a...tail/a_id/4318
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Dedicated Member
    Items Scarlett Johansson
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    Never buy any electronic product off the internet unless the transaction takes place with the seller face-to-face. You say you bought this off craiglist, so I assume you met the guy personally. Unfortunately, you may just have to chalk this up to personal experiece, unless you're willing to kick butt-cheeks and document birth-certificates.

I bought my Vita off craigslist and I circled, poked, and prodded that thing from every angle before I handed over the money. We were next to a library and I even reset the console and logged on to make sure the wi-fi capabilities were intact. May seem a bit much, but if you're the customer in a used sell, you've the right to check for this stuff.

But if you have ANY info on this guy--name, location, facial features, etc.--then you've got enough to start chewing bubblegum.
    I wish I would have been that thorough, I turned it on and off a couple of times and put the game in to make sure it worked, but didn't try logging into PSN. I was pretty much unaware of console bans at that point and figured if his account was banned, big deal, My PSN is fine and a master reset would be in order.
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Veteran
    I learned not to buy used systems on ebay a long time ago. I bought my first PS3 on ebay, and the idiot shipped it in a huge box (way too big for the PS3) with a tiny bit of packing peanuts, and the thing was free to bounce around the whole way. The graphics card was jacked up, and I had to pay 150 bucks to get it fixed.

Live and learn.

Thread Information