Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Do you prefer the erotic Quiet or the covered up one?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • The one with fishnets and bra

19 65.52%
  • The one that looks like a soldier

10 34.48%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation

Which Quiet do you prefer? Clothes on or clothes off for the MGS 5 star?

Following the controversy surrounding Kojima's Metal Gear Solid 5 character Quiet. which out of these two models would you prefer to see in the game.

Also...do you think Kojima was wrong to ask his designers to create an 'erotic' character? Do you think it's degrading to women?

More details here - http://www.psu.com/a020912/What-Meta...-do-you-prefer
    Last edited by StevenW; 09-10-2013 at 12:39.
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Kojima said there is reasoning for it and lots of rumours flying around as to what it could be.

Honestly I don't give a crap. So what if there is erotic character design. This CERTAINLY isn't the first time we've seen anything like this from the MGS franchise. I find it amusing how this is getting the most media attention yet there are child solders in the game

Editorial Assistant and Podcast Editor
    I worry she will catch her death of cold and is only going to have a lot of health problems when she is older.

Follow me on twitter @Skaggypoet

Dedicated Member
    Degrading to women? Who cares? It's Kojima's work, don't like it? Don't buy it! Don't get on the high and mighty chivalry horse and then act like a hypocrite by buying the game. I honestly hate it when "fans", "journalists" and "activists" think they should have any say on how an artist's vision should be presented or how it should be perceived. I'm glad Kojima went with the bra and fishnets, since A) It's getting more people talking about the game than even the unveiling of MGS V, B) I see nothing wrong with having an - to use Kojima's words - 'erotic' character in MGS. I don't remember anyone making a fuss about Raiden in MGR Revengeance, you can see his cyborg ass hanging out for crying out loud, and that's when we ignore the codpiece.

The funny double standard is that half-naked male characters with perfect physique are perfectly acceptable, heck people make fun of characters that don't look anything but perfect, anyone remember all the fat jokes about Bob (from tekken 6), or about Max payne looking like a grand dad in Max Payne 3? No one stood up for that discrimination. But when a creator specifically mentions that he made a female character erotic, all hell broke loose. I personally think that all of these people crying foul about Quiet's attire will be eating large servings of humble pie same as all the people who got their internet rage on over the "alleged" rape scene in Tomb Raider.

Honestly the industry as it stands with its idiotic 343 employees, and angry fan/activist/been-to-a-forum-so-I'm-a-part-of-it mobs should just grow the $#@! up.

Forum Elder
    It doesnt matter, shes not nude. No one says anything about kratos or other male vg characyers with little to no clothes.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Why is this particular scantily-clad female in a videogame an issue? Just because a HALO developer hypocritically chastised Kojima for exploitation while forgetting about his own game's Cortana, a naked hologram? Fanboy-fuel. If you want to complain about exploitation, start with Dead Or Alive.

Shut up and play games

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I prefer to game and not think sex or sexy... Since i am a gamer and we think in the opinion form only LMAO

They are trying something new and lets see what happens
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I voted clothes off for obvious reasons. lol
    But lets get serious. Who can go to battle with the gear cutting into the skin? I find the idea ridiculous.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Fishnet ftw.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    So God of War was degrading of men because he was so muscular?

I love this.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I personally prefer the soldier version.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I personally prefer the soldier version.
    That would make more sense. She looks like a $#@! from old town in sin city.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    That would make more sense. She looks like a $#@! from old town in sin city.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I just like the soldier design better. Honestly this is the first time I heard that her original design became a controversy. There are more questionable parts of the game than her clothing design (Like children with AK's; Naked Snake (Shooting?) prisoners that look young).

In the end, how they choose to dress her is fine by me.

Veteran
    The one that looks like a soldier. Why? not because the other one degrades one, there's plenty of video games with worst women characterization and no one says anything about it. My reason is because MGS used to be a serious game, it seems to me now that Kojima sees his franchise as a joke now, cause seriously why on earth would a soldier girl like her would be out there doing that stuff almost naked? It doesn't make a bit of sense.

Veteran
    The "off" version is post torture. Look at the nylons. They melted under the shock torture. Someone at Kojima's studio (may have been Kojima himself) also said she was the HERO of the story. We know we play as the villain, so this is where Big Boss becomes the kind of Villain we saw in MG1 and MG2. The kind of guy who would use Child soldiers to get his way, who would torture and do all sorts of evil to get to the people who screwed him over.

Also, Metal Gear has always been serious?

Um...

If anything, I think MGS5 is taking a TOO serious direction.
    Last edited by bobtheduck; 09-11-2013 at 03:25.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    The "off" version is post torture. Look at the nylons. They melted under the shock torture. Someone at Kojima's studio (may have been Kojima himself) also said she was the HERO of the story. We know we play as the villain, so this is where Big Boss becomes the kind of Villain we saw in MG1 and MG2. The kind of guy who would use Child soldiers to get his way, who would torture and do all sorts of evil to get to the people who screwed him over.

Also, Metal Gear has always been serious?

Um...

If anything, I think MGS5 is taking a TOO serious direction.
    I thought the same first cause yeah there's always females in the games showing a little cleavage and all those funny references you just quoted on pictures but I mean that Quiet character clothing it's just too unrelated imo, sure Fortune was wearing a one suit but at least it looks like it's made out of Kevlar or something lol.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I thought the same first cause yeah there's always females in the games showing a little cleavage and all those funny references you just quoted on pictures but I mean that Quiet character clothing it's just too unrelated imo, sure Fortune was wearing a one suit but at least it looks like it's made out of Kevlar or something lol.
    Looks like a Bathing suit to me. In fact, it could be argued Fortune is dressed that way because she believes she can't be killed. Sniper Wolf and Eva dressed that way to seduce their respective leads (though admittedly, Sniper Wolf covers up once she get in the snow... No frostbitten breasts for her). Big Mama (yeah, that's Eva, but...) I don't get. There's really not reason to do that, except to have old lady cleavage. And the Boss? I get why she initially opened her shirt (to show the scar) but then fighting like that? Considering she's a sort of mother figure to Naked Snake, that's kind of beyond weird.

The other pics offer a response to ANYONE who accused Metal Gear of being serious.
    Last edited by bobtheduck; 09-11-2013 at 22:02.

Ancient
    Is this a trick question?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    The original way it was intended. Kojima does this all the time. Nothing new. Don't know why it's all the sudden a controversy.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    The original way it was intended. Kojima does this all the time. Nothing new. Don't know why it's all the sudden a controversy.
    Anita whatshername.That's why. People are paying attention to this stuff more because of her.

Elite Member
    Items User name style

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    snip
    UGH....

AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH....!

Anyway, don't care.

Kojima has become a parody of himself. He does nothing but MGS despite his pleas of wanting to do something different, but seems to be
    too much of a downright scared $#@! to go against the fans' wishes and still makes games in a series he wants to escape.

So he takes to making joke characters and treating the franchise without a care for sanity and clarity.

I hope MGS5 fails. I know that's not going to help the chances of a Zone of the Enders 3, but at this point I've accepted that nothing will save
    that franchise. I just want MGS to collapse on itself, the same way I've come to feel about Square-Enix as a whole.

Anway the original character itself looks like ass. I don't even care about over-sexualization. She just looks downright dumb. Like they didn't try the least beat in her concept. It's like they just went "LOL BOOBS THONGS BELT" Just downright lazy. I'm not going to remember this design months from now.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 09-11-2013 at 05:03.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    UGH....

AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH....!

Anyway, don't care.

Kojima has become a parody of himself. He does nothing but MGS despite his pleas of wanting to do something different, but seems to be
    too much of a downright scared $#@! to go against the fans' wishes and still makes games in a series he wants to escape.

So he takes to making joke characters and treating the franchise without a care for sanity and clarity.

I hope MGS5 fails. I know that's not going to help the chances of a Zone of the Enders 3, but at this point I've accepted that nothing will save
    that franchise. I just want MGS to collapse on itself, the same way I've come to feel about Square-Enix as a whole.

Anway the original character itself looks like ass. I don't even care about over-sexualization. She just looks downright dumb. Like they didn't try the least beat in her concept. It's like they just went "LOL BOOBS THONGS BELT" Just downright lazy. I'm not going to remember this design months from now.
    ... Wow.

Quote from Kojima:

“It seems that people are apprehensive about Quiet, but it’s all right. She is the antithesis to the overexposure of female characters in fighting games of the past. Just like in those cases, she has no words, and is mocked from all sides in this story. However, when you’ll know the secret behind that exposure, you’ll be ashamed of that behavior.”

“The themes of Metal Gear Solid V are “GENE” ⇒ “MEME” ⇒ “SCENE” ⇒ “PEACE” ⇒ “RACE”. It touches misunderstandings that happen due to the differences in ethnicity, language, traditions, culture, taste and due to discrimination, hatred and conflict. The reaction to Quiet that was instigated on the net is partly due to that, and it’s exactly what Metal Gear Solid V is about.”

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    don't really care tbh. she could be butt naked if the story required it.

it depends on the context Kojima provides for her....for instance, i really can't see her being a preacher, and if she is, the character will be ridiculed. the dress must match the role, for want of a better word.

Raiden already got much worse, yet kojima created a situation for him to be naked...no doubt the same will apply here.

having said that, sexy is sexy....Fishnets and Bra it is
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Is it a really big deal how she looks, its just digital

Are you going to get of on a digital character
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information