Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    It makes no sense to say you can hot 1920x1080@30 and only 1600x1900@25.

That's a net difference of 100%. Which is just BS. The only way you'd be hitting those if you were ignoring the ESRAM completely and hitting ram stalls on the DDR memory.

I'd expect the Xbox one figure to be closer to 1920x1080@25 fps when you using the ESRAM optimally.

As for this quote.

Doesn't even make sense, we've been manually filling index and vertex buffers for years. To suggest you have to "manually fill the esram" WTF does that even mean? Are people trying to use it as resource cache? That wouldn't even make sense from any programming point of view except the most naive of developers.
    The only ting I can think of is they are referring to commonly used textures, and their is no real way of automatically doing that. Thats just something you need to profile.

As for the PS4, yeah, I'd expect to to take very little time to do. It is a PC in a box after all.

And no, there isn't one mention of drivers in your original post.

I'm still waiting to see final results, but none of any of this makes any sense, or is at the very least completely out of context.

I'd suggest that the reason both Penello and Nelson have both a little bit more forth coming in the past week is because they have actually finally hit some sort of performance benchmark that they can be proud of. Proud?, well at the very lest not ashamed of.

We?
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    We?
    Games developers, how do you think we did it before being able to access main memory form the GPU?

PSU Technical Advisor
    It makes no sense to say you can hot 1920x1080@30 and only 1600x1900@25.

That's a net difference of 100%. Which is just BS. The only way you'd be hitting those if you were ignoring the ESRAM completely and hitting ram stalls on the DDR memory.

I'd expect the Xbox one figure to be closer to 1920x1080@25 fps when you using the ESRAM optimally.

As for this quote.

Doesn't even make sense, we've been manually filling index and vertex buffers for years. To suggest you have to "manually fill the esram" WTF does that even mean? Are people trying to use it as resource cache? That wouldn't even make sense from any programming point of view except the most naive of developers.
    The only ting I can think of is they are referring to commonly used textures, and their is no real way of automatically doing that. Thats just something you need to profile.

As for the PS4, yeah, I'd expect to to take very little time to do. It is a PC in a box after all.

And no, there isn't one mention of drivers in your original post.

I'm still waiting to see final results, but none of any of this makes any sense, or is at the very least completely out of context.

I'd suggest that the reason both Penello and Nelson have both a little bit more forth coming in the past week is because they have actually finally hit some sort of performance benchmark that they can be proud of. Proud?, well at the very lest not ashamed of.
    ok.

Don't know what more of a response you want from me on this one, I read the whole article. I didn't feel the undying need to actually spell the word 'driver'.

Last edited by Vulgotha; 09-14-2013 at 00:00.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    ok.

Don't know what more of a response you want from me on this one, I read the whole article. I didn't feel the undying need to actually spell the word 'driver'.

You selectively posted, which is unlike you to say the least. I know you read it, but others will just take what you posted as the article.

PSU Technical Advisor
    I posted the recap offered on gaf, which was a mistake lol. I did read the whole article though!

So in that light, I will definitely fess up to being lazy- but not intentionally selective!
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 09-14-2013 at 01:50.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    The other alternative is simply that it just take "a break" from reading and writing every so often and they artificially limit the read/write speed down by stalling the pipeline every so often to reduce heat.
    If you tell it to stop reading an writing every 16th clock cycle this would also give you a peak of 204gb/s

I'd favor heat frankly.
    ha ha, I was so close!

The writes is known to insert a bubble [a dead cycle] occasionally... one out of every eight cycles is a bubble so that's how you get the combined 204GB/s as the raw peak that we can really achieve over the ESRAM.
    That's 1/16th read + write (1/8th+1/8th)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...one-architects

So it does have a dead cycle. Just not for heat.

Thread Information