Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    the weight was due to aim acceleration and very poor at that. It doesn't resemble weight at all, it's just bad controls. Delay doesn't resemble weight and neither does acceleration when aiming. CoD isn't the first game to have smooth controls, it's normal in FPS and it's a standard in PC gaming and should be a standard in all FPS games. If making the controls use delay and aim acceleration just to make them different and unique, well that is just dumb. I didn't hear anyone complain after they got rid of that horrible control scheme, people complained because of them using the match making system. There is no reason to put $#@!ty controls in what could most likely be an awesome game.

When battlefield 3 first came out it was plagued by that same horrible delay and aim acceleration, no one liked it, it's crap and if they add it then I will say...screw that game.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 09-14-2013 at 19:22.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    the weight was due to aim acceleration and very poor at that. It doesn't resemble weight at all, it's just bad controls. Delay doesn't resemble weight and neither does acceleration when aiming. CoD isn't the first game to have smooth controls, it's normal in FPS and it's a standard in PC gaming and should be a standard in all FPS games. If making the controls use delay and aim acceleration just to make them different and unique, well that is just dumb.
    Your opinion
    I didn't hear anyone complain after they got rid of that horrible control scheme, people complained because of them using the match making system. There is no reason to put $#@!ty controls in what could most likely be an awesome game.

When battlefield 3 first came out it was plagued by that same horrible delay and aim acceleration, no one liked it, it's crap and if they add it then I will say...screw that game.
    Yes there was a backlash from KZ fans at the changed controls

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Kilzone 2 is the game that put me off FPS on consoles for good.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-14-2013 at 20:18.

Elite Member
    I love the controls in KZ3. Absolutely amazing. COD controls are GARBAGE. Twitchy unrealistic POS game in every single aspect. I would play Killzone built for the original Nintendo than any COD game every made or made in the future.

5. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Call of duty is far from twitch shooter. Good responsive controls alone a twitch shooter do not make.

1. It is too slow
    2. can't shoot when running
    3. High weapon damage low health
    4. All weapons projectiles don't go where the cross hair is aimed at all the time (snipers for example)
    Last edited by keefy; 09-14-2013 at 23:00.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Call of duty is far from twitch shooter. Good responsive controls alone a twitch shooter do not make.

1. It is too slow
    2. can't shoot when running
    3. High weapon damage low health
    4. All weapons projectiles don't go where the cross hair is aimed at all the time (snipers for example)
    Lol it's a Twitch shooter...if I see you first, you're dead

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

Wrong.

A twitch shooter is Michael J Fox holding a gun.

9. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83, VayMasters86 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Lol $#@!ing hell keefy.

But I agree. It's not a twitch shooter. Not like how Quake and to a lesser extent UT are. CoD just has awesomely smooth controls
    Last edited by BBK..; 09-15-2013 at 19:30.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    ^Faaahhkeen EOHW

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Wrong.

A twitch shooter is Michael J Fox holding a gun.
    Well played...

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Your opinion
    Yes there was a backlash from KZ fans at the changed controls
    well, no crap it's my opinion, of course it is. There is a reason there was backlash and those making excuses...I won't listen to what they have to say because it's irrelevent. Not trying to be rude here but normal controls for aiming are just that, normal, meaning that there is nothing fake in the way to create something with a false sense of difficulty or anything. However, on behalf of PC gaming (and I know this is consoles but the same stands for FPS on consoles) it's $#@!ty controls

What's making me worried here is if KZ:SF will go back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

realistically that is the way it should be. if I pull the trigger first and I'm firing a swarm of bullets at you from 5 feet away, you should die first, not to turn around and fire 3 times and kill me. LOL that is just bull$#@!.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 09-16-2013 at 00:07.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    well, no crap it's my opinion, of course it is. There is a reason there was backlash and those making excuses...I won't listen to what they have to say because it's irrelevent. Not trying to be rude here but normal controls for aiming are just that, normal, meaning that there is nothing fake in the way to create something with a false sense of difficulty or anything. However, on behalf of PC gaming (and I know this is consoles but the same stands for FPS on consoles) it's $#@!ty controls

realistically that is the way it should be. if I pull the trigger first and I'm firing a swarm of bullets at you from 5 feet away, you should die first, not to turn around and fire 3 times and kill me. LOL that is just bull$#@!.
    The opinion part was your claim "delay doesn't equal to the weighty feeling" and that is your opinion. Delay definitely means weighty feeling because it simulates human reaction time as a soldier on the battlefield would have (my opinion ofcourse).

As far as backlash goes, I'm saying there are some who want there to be delay and hence didn't appreciate the changed controls. I for one like KZ3 controls better too
    Last edited by Itachi; 09-16-2013 at 02:17.

Supreme Veteran
    Imagine having a delay in your cars steering wheel.

Who sees who first gives n advantage in all shooter types but the outcome isnt always 1 sided in in favour of the person who sees first, sometimes all it takes is one lucky headshot.

Twitch shooters usually have lowe damage weapons and mechanics that allow a player to out dodge an enemies aim, also usually have some sort of armour and health pick up system meaning a player could have double the health and/or armour their enemy has.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-16-2013 at 02:11.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I always thought twitch shooters were because you had to aim fast, which is why all twitch shooters use a mouse because you twitch to aim. The reticule movement is so fast that it's, well......twitchy. Counter-Strike for example is a twitch shooter but for the PC they are all basically twitch shooters unless you are playing some real life simulated war game where it takes time to set up your position.

Superior Member

I much prefer KZ2 over COD, for MANY reasons, but they had the weight idea backwards. The weapons were not heavy enough (maybe one of the was) to have such a movement delay. Now if they did the weight at the end of the movement where you would still turn a little bit after you let go of the thumb stick and you (the player) would have to counter the "over turning" or pre-empt it by not turning quite as far (kinda like leading a moving target), then you'd have a weighty feel.

Now if the weapons were very heavy or all of the weight was at the farthest part from the character holding the weapon, then it would have made sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Supreme Veteran
    I always thought twitch shooters were because you had to aim fast, which is why all twitch shooters use a mouse because you twitch to aim. The reticule movement is so fast that it's, well......twitchy. Counter-Strike for example is a twitch shooter but for the PC they are all basically twitch shooters unless you are playing some real life simulated war game where it takes time to set up your position.
    ITs less about how fast you can move the reticule more about how fast the game play is, if the game play is fast then you have to aim quickly if the game is slow then not so much.

CS has a mechanic of decreased accuracy when moving, standing still increases accuracy and ducking while stationary gives the best accuracy. and because of this CS is more about placing yourself in the best position to get the shots off so lots of movement isn't necessary.

Also the way you describe would make Counter Strike: Global Offensive twitch on PC but not on Xbox or PS3.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-16-2013 at 18:51.

Thread Information